posted by davidt on Sunday August 07 2005, @12:00PM
An anonymous person writes:
I just came across this on the Willy Russell web page & thought you might be interested;

"His first novel, The Wrong Boy, was published in 2000, has been translated into fifteen languages and is currently being adapted for a major television series."

There's nothing about it in the 'News' section of his web page, so I guess it won't be gracing our screens for a while yet. Hope it lives up to the book. I can't wait.

Link to web page
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • good (Score:2, Informative)

i really liked that book. it really sang my life!
    suzanne -- Sunday August 07 2005, @12:07PM (#174266)
    (User #36 Info)
    I scare dead people.
  • . . . has made me very, very happy. So much so that it is necessary to read the book again. Twice.

God bless Willy Russell.

(What would be even more wonderful would be if Morrissey appeared in it - whether briefly as himself, or simply in the form of an omnipotent voice).
    Poppycocteau -- Sunday August 07 2005, @12:50PM (#174273)
    (User #9489 Info)
    We are ugly but we have the music
    • Re:This . . by moderndayphilistine (Score:1) Sunday August 07 2005, @02:08PM
  • What is the connection with this story and Morrissey? Thanks
    Anonymous -- Sunday August 07 2005, @01:55PM (#174277)
  • Russell's tome about a school boy who writes obsessively to Morrissey, has got to be the most joyless, crass, toe curling, embarassing book I have ever had the displeasure to read - the 'letters to Morrissey' ruse is a very weak plotting device to compensate for the writer's lack of a proper storyline, and dare I say a
    complete lack of imagination.

If you like to read a book with moist blushing cheeks then order this crock of shit on Amazon right now!

Lazy Sunbather -- Monday August 08 2005, @03:32PM (#174431)
    (User #843 Info)
  • As Morrissey said, 'why don't you find out for yourself'. If the man has taught us anything over his career, it's to maintain our own opinions. Fair enough if you don't like the book, but don't presume for others.
    Personally, I think the novel is great; true to the spirit of the 80's and the man Morrissey was in The Smiths.
    Then again, I'm biased, as 'The Wrong Boy' was the reason I discovered The Smiths and hence Moz. Also, I saw Willy Russell reading exerpts from the book and he had the audience in stitches (a very funny guy).
    Mozzersgirl -- Monday August 08 2005, @04:42PM (#174442)
    (User #14229 Info)
    "There's more evil in the charts than in an al-Qaeda suggestion box" - Bill Bailey
  • Is this a story about Morrissey molesting the wrong boy?
    Anonymous -- Monday August 08 2005, @11:06PM (#174459)
    • Re:huh? by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday August 09 2005, @01:49AM
  • Sure, I picked this book up due to the Morrissey connection but, really, if you take out the fact that every chapter begins "Dear Morrissey"...its really just a very charming, sweet book in its own right, and not littered with Smiths references at all.

Personally, I found it an engrossing read, and much more entertaining than Mark Simpson's virtually illiterate "Saint Morrissey" psycho-biography...

Jilted John
    Anonymous -- Tuesday August 09 2005, @08:18AM (#174494)
  • What does Morrissey think of this book? Now I'm actually reading it I'd like to hear his take on it. I seem to remember a news article where he spoke of it favourably but I can't find it now. I'm in the process of reading it and so far I like it! It's very touching and you really feel for Raymond, although I didn't have "moist blushing cheeks"!
    amysquie -- Wednesday August 10 2005, @01:27PM (#174670)
    (User #12405 Info | http://www.livejournal.com/users/amysquie)

[ home | terms of service ]