posted by davidt on Tuesday August 02 2005, @10:00AM
Belligerent Ghoul sends the link:

Ruiner - A Willhelm Scream, Aversion.com review

...“Me Vs. Morrissey in the Pretentiousness Contest (The Ladder Match)” is a dose of everything pop punk was designed for, as it overflows with raging guitars and thunderous drums amid throaty, growled vocals that miraculously carry a tune. Best of all, there isn’t a radio-friendly element in sight.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?????? Where's the melody children?
    Anonymous -- Tuesday August 02 2005, @10:53PM (#173628)
  • Well . . (Score:2, Insightful)

I think 'me' would have to be the victor, as Morrissey is one of the least pretentious people I can think of.
    Poppycocteau -- Wednesday August 03 2005, @06:26AM (#173681)
    (User #9489 Info)
    We are ugly but we have the music
    • Re:Well . . by glamorous shoplifter (Score:1) Wednesday August 03 2005, @12:45PM
    • Re:pretensions by goinghome (Score:1) Wednesday August 03 2005, @01:12PM
      • Re:pretensions by Poppycocteau (Score:1) Thursday August 04 2005, @03:34AM
        • Re:pretensions by goinghome (Score:1) Thursday August 04 2005, @11:15AM
  • Bella Emberg's childish nephew sends the Blink 182 album:

Roo - A Kaiser Willhelm-embarrassing moment, AversetoLionBars.com review ...“Me Vs. Mitchell Froom's roommate in the Pretentiousness Hare-bothering event (The Likely Lads dvd-pimping evening)” is a dose of everything Mike Morris's dancing giraffe was designed for, as it overflows with rage against the washine machine-inspired citars and social comment by the bloke from Thunder, encased in a giant chicken drumstick amid insipid, growled impressions of William Waldegrave and Heinz Guderian that miraculously carry Tunes out of Superdrug in Richard Madely's trolley. Best of all, there isn’t Tim Vincent in sight.
    Anonymous -- Thursday August 04 2005, @01:54AM (#173821)

[ home | terms of service ]