posted by davidt on Tuesday August 02 2005, @10:00AM
Belligerent Ghoul sends the link:

Q&A: Sons and Daughters - Spin.com

How is it that a band from Glasgow can relate to American music so well?

I don't know, really. When we first started playing we said we were going to pull out everything we liked and just see what happens. It could've turned out horrendous; it could've just been a big old mess. I don't think you necessarily have to experience something to write about it. You can see that in music by people like Morrissey. He was holed up in Manchester in his bedroom for like five years with no friends and he managed to create all these beautiful stories.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • I refuse to believe that Morrissey didn't at one point have two boys in one hand & decide that he'd settle for just one in a bush.

I'm not sure Linder would agree with the no friends comment, but it's nice that they like him & his music.
    Keely -- Tuesday August 02 2005, @10:54AM (#173487)
    (User #13344 Info)
    • Re:Lies! by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday August 02 2005, @02:52PM
      • Re:Lies! by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday August 02 2005, @04:21PM
        • Re:Lies! by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday August 03 2005, @12:04PM
          • Re:Lies! by mozzaphile (Score:1) Wednesday August 03 2005, @08:27PM
  • I met up with Sons and daughters and we talked about Morrissey....a lot.

Morrissey the 23rd
    Anonymous -- Tuesday August 02 2005, @03:46PM (#173589)
  • "Taste The Last Girl" on Sons & Daughters' debut LP, "The Repulsion Box" is an absolutely brilliant piece of early-Smiths pastice. Think "Handsome Devil" or "Hand In Glove" on speed. Sons & Daughters are a fantastic band.
    LawrenceM -- Wednesday August 03 2005, @06:47PM (#173792)
    (User #3228 Info | http://listen.to/orangejuice)
    "I wore my fringe like Roger McGuinn"

[ home | terms of service ]