posted by davidt on Friday April 29 2005, @10:00AM
Finethen writes:

At the Hammersmith Palais, London, on Monday night, the lead singer of electro-punk outfit LCD Soundsystem inserted the first few lines of Angel Down We Go Together into the opening of one of their loudest and harshest songs of the night - an incongruous but welcome surprise.

Then during some banter with the crown he complained of being unable to understand the stronger English accents, despite having been taking elocution lessons from Morrissey.

If anyone is wondering who they are, LCD Soundsystem are on the David Letterman show this week, and are really rather good, if their kind of thing is the kind of thing you like.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • LCD Soundsystem are absolutely brilliant!
    Trent Reznor mentioned liking them, so I checked them out, and now I hear they obviously like Our Moz!
    Yes, such little things can make me happy...
    Anonymous -- Friday April 29 2005, @01:28PM (#159972)
  • James Murphy (who essentially is LCD Soundsystem) and his partner Tim Goldsworthy in DFA (hipper than thou record label in NYC, responsible for The Rapture amongst others) interviewed Moz for Index magazine at the very top of the campaign for Quarry, and in all honesty it was a terrible mismatch--they did nothing but quiz him with tired questions related to The Smiths. (As an aside, Morrissey was shocked at how old he looked on the cover, apparently--and at the bookstore where I work every other patron who saw the magazine said the same! Though he simply looked his age, and handsome at that.)
    Anonymous -- Friday April 29 2005, @05:10PM (#159998)
  • A superb live group whose Manchester Academy 2 gig back in Feb this year sits atop my favourite gig list since Moz in Blackburn 2002.
    Whilst reeling off his list of favourite bands in the song 'Losing my Edge' on their superb debut album he namechecks The Slits but at the Man Acad gig he altered this to The Smiths AND he went out of his way to give me his heavily-abused drumstick used during the gig whilst expertly playing his cow-bell.
    Anyone into The Fall and the like should definitely check out this 'dance band for people who hate dance bands' (TM).
    ManAlive -- Saturday April 30 2005, @07:01AM (#160048)
    (User #4261 Info)
    Thirty? I didn't think you'd make it to Thursday!
    • Namecheck by Ramon (Score:0) Monday May 02 2005, @01:38AM
  • my band twice opened for them live

broken
    Anonymous -- Sunday May 01 2005, @11:45AM (#160177)
  • I was at that gig , by chance on Monday as a friend had a spare ticket and reccommended them. They were really ace, and of course, being the worlds biggest Smiths/Moz fan i would have stripped naked and run accross the Hammersmith flyover at the merest hint of a moz reference at ANY gig. But at this gig there was none, i did hear him say something about accents, but heard no mention of Moz, or any lyrics from Angel.....

This is the second time this has happened, at the end of the Earls Court gig CD he says 'PLease don't forget me' This is taken from another gig, as he said 'PLease don't FORGIVE me' i know as i was there, and as we were leaving alot of people in the crowd were saying how 'Please don't forgive me' had such power. I think its a bit cheeky sticking something form another gig on the end and passing it off as something else
    gluejj -- Tuesday May 03 2005, @02:08AM (#160409)
    (User #13322 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]