posted by davidt on Wednesday April 27 2005, @10:00AM
Suswa writes:

The current issue contains The Ultimate List Issue - 75 Lists of Rock's Good, Bad, and Ugly

In the BAD section, Morrisssey's listed as #4 for 'Six Sex Tapes (Besides Fred Durst's) That We Never Want to See"

The New York Dolls make a couple lists as well.
Separate from the lists in The Spin record guide: Your monthly history of every cool album ever made

Mope Rock
The Smiths - The Smiths (Rough Trade, 1984) A young Mancunian singer with one name who understands the essence of attractive mopiness: Imply, never explain. And between his fey baritone and awkward falsetto, Morrissey taps into the universality of misery-cold bedrooms, dangerous liaisons, and losing his "faith in womanhood: (ha!)-till child murderers and perverts seem like just part of the brotherhood of man.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • is awful. the twit who wrote that deserves a good slap.
    chrisarclark <[email protected]> -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @11:48AM (#159627)
    (User #9259 Info)
    "I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
  • Does anyone over the age of 15 even buy Spin anymore. Spin sucks and so does Rolling Stone. The "list" issues they put out like "The Best CDs Of All Time!" are stupid and pointless. They only issue these because they don't have any news of value to report.
    texasbloke -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @05:38PM (#159699)
    (User #8721 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]