posted by davidt on Wednesday April 27 2005, @10:00AM
kissmyshades writes:

Radio 5 is running a feature this morning (Tuesday) on a person who lives in Morrissey's old house in Manchester who has "had enough" of the attention of fans.
---
Grim O'Grady also writes:

They are going to interview the present residents of Kings Rd & from the pre show blurb they have had enough of people coming knocking on their door etc.
---
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • You can see.. (Score:2, Interesting)

You can see where she is coming from. She is trying to live a peaceful life and she has 50% of Morrissey's fans photographing her house and knocking on her door. But the thing is - and just if you happen to read this please take note for the sake of use Morrissey-Solo fans - we are completely obsessed and we don't mean you any harm. So apologies from me, Roxanne xxx
    Hello Indie -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @10:57AM (#159613)
    (User #13749 Info | http://somedizzywhore.com/)
    Somedizzywhore.com offers free jars of beetroot for the elderly.
  • I believe this is a council house and they will have the option to buy this in the forseeable future.

When that time comes, I suggest we keep harassing them so they're forced to sell it.. to US.

Then we can get Morrissey's Mam around and she can help us restore it to its former glory. And we can charge people LOADS of money to be able to sleep in Morrissey's bed for the night.

And and..

it's a brilliant idea, don't knock it.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @11:36AM (#159620)
  • she didnt seem to upset back then- infact she idnt seem upset at all. wonder whats gone on in the past 5years that shes had enough of it...
    chrisarclark <[email protected]> -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @11:44AM (#159623)
    (User #9259 Info)
    "I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
  • You have destroyed her flower like life,what will she get for her trouble and pain?, just a rented room in whalley range
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @12:22PM (#159633)
  • They should bung one of them blue plagues on the wall.

I think she would love a Morrissey Teapot.
    and2rew -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @12:27PM (#159634)
    (User #8232 Info)
    • Re:Heritage by KenBarlow (Score:1) Wednesday April 27 2005, @02:10PM
      • Re:Heritage by and2rew (Score:1) Wednesday April 27 2005, @02:19PM
        • Re:Heritage by KenBarlow (Score:1) Wednesday April 27 2005, @02:46PM
          • Re:Heritage by and2rew (Score:1) Wednesday April 27 2005, @03:04PM
  • I'll buy the house (Score:2, Interesting)

This reminds me a bit of how the people who live in the houses where Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street were filmed, get tired of people invading their property every October. These houses, incidently, are on the same block somewhere in West Hollywood just a few minutes away from where Morrissey currently lives. One thing I don't think they can complain about is the bank they make when the movie studios want to make another sequel. Perhaps if they made a movie on Moz's life (possibly coinciding with the release of an autobiography??) it would ease some of the stress these people have.
    Jim Rome -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @12:48PM (#159641)
    (User #720 Info | http://www.jimrome.com/)
    ...and how?
  • that an author of some sort's house had been purchased and turned into a writer's getaway? sounds like an interesting idea for those who wish to be inspired by walking the streets of Manchester.
    suzanne -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @12:56PM (#159643)
    (User #36 Info)
    I scare dead people.
  • A cardboard cut out of the Man and a few vases full of daffs in the living room- the woman could make a fortune!!
    I'd pay to bask in the aura of his floorboard!

My claim to fame- I used to live in Eddie Izzard's old flat.
    Found out when some of his post " fell" open in the steam from my kettle.
    KenBarlow -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @02:04PM (#159654)
    (User #13803 Info)
    There is no such thing in life as Norman
  • 'One day, a boy came and sat at my garden gate for two hours with a bunch of flowers. Then he left, taking the flowers with him. It was Morrissey's birthday.'

The article is based on media stereotype, although a funny quote in another story pointed out that Morrissey doesn't have a persona, like he doesn't wear a crevatte!!

But I suspect I'd feel unduly burdenned if pining youths were loitering without intent outside my door for the sake of past times!
    goinghome -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @02:10PM (#159659)
    (User #12673 Info)
  • You can listen to this via the Five Live site.

here [bbc.co.uk]

Listen Again, Tuesday. Relevant bits at 1.24 and 2.40.
    Benton -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @02:15PM (#159661)
    (User #7241 Info)
  • She didn't sound fed up to me. She sounded really upbeat and was enjoying the attention. Why else would she allow a reporter in there. It's not exactly putting people off going there is it?
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @02:44PM (#159672)
  • http://www.apeculture.com/poetry/jason.htm

Ha- I had to share this!
    Thanks and2rew!
    KenBarlow -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @03:23PM (#159687)
    (User #13803 Info)
    There is no such thing in life as Norman
  • I made the pilgrimage to the house on a trip to manc in 1992. I'm not sure if Wendy Walton was the woman whom was living there at the time(I don't remember the womans name), but a woman whom either lived in that house, or the one adjoining it(it is like a duplex for anyone who had never see it), actually came out and started speaking to me when she saw me taking photos. She obviously knew what I was there for. She claimed she knew Moz at the time, and proceeded to tell me a few funny stories about him when he was younger(nothing really interesting because I can't remember them), and told me how she was still in contact with his mother at the time. She knew exactly where the mother lived, but she wasn't sure about him. I asked of course, but she seemed like she genuinely didn't know..... She was really friendly, and she told me how there were always people coming by and taking photos of the house, etc., but how everyone was generally pretty respectful and amicable. So, if it was indeed Wendy, she was a really cool lady. If it was the other neighbor, she was a cool lady as well.

PS: I have not been to those old sites since that one trip in 1992. I have heard that his school, St Mary's, just across the iron bridge is gone now. Is that true? There was also a guy in that little market that was right next to the bridge that was also very friendly with directions to the other site, but he seemed like he had all the lines down by heart.
    Sharron Needles -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @05:56PM (#159700)
    (User #762 Info)
    Inside every adult male is a denied little boy -Nancy Friday
    • Re:Kings Road by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday April 27 2005, @10:27PM
      • Re:Kings Road by Sharron Needles (Score:1) Wednesday April 27 2005, @10:43PM
  • Memories (Score:2, Interesting)

I went up to his old house in '92. I didn't knock on the door or anything, but the next door neighbour was outside in his front 'garden'. He was a sweet old man. I asked him if he could give me any clues as to where Morrissey was currently residing and he pointed me in the right direction without telling me outright. I spent 2 hours in Altrincham library looking through the electoral register. What made me laugh about the kind gentleman was that he said ,yes, I didn't rate Meat is Murder very much but The Queen Is Dead was good. He seemed really proud.I thought it was funny coming from a man in his 60/70s. He remembered Morrissey being very shy (surprise surprise.)
    firstodie -- Wednesday April 27 2005, @11:33PM (#159713)
    (User #9168 Info)
    • Re:Memories by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday April 28 2005, @12:04AM
      • Re:Memories by chrisarclark (Score:1) Thursday April 28 2005, @04:48AM
        • Re:Memories by Hello Indie (Score:1) Thursday April 28 2005, @09:13AM
          • Re:Memories by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday April 28 2005, @09:51AM
  • This could be the museum of morrissey,it could be restored to its former glory it could even have a robotic johnny marr knocking the front door or someone from the inland revenue
    Anonymous -- Thursday April 28 2005, @12:40PM (#159792)
  • Has any one been to Mozzer's pad here in L.A. ??There is a blue Honda late 80's early 90's that is always parked out side his house !!who do you think it belongs to !?!?!?
    Gee -- Thursday April 28 2005, @05:30PM (#159815)
    (User #13976 Info | http://www.myspace.com/gcasillas)
    " Viva Hate "
  • for not mingling with others? I'd bet a tin of baked beans that Manchester really did have "so much to answer for..."

"Wendy didn't know that her flat was Morrissey's childhood home until she met her new neighbours. 'He was weird,' says Hilda from next door. 'A strange one, hardly spoke and kept himself to himself.' All reinforcing Morrissey's reputation as a loner who had a morbid, depressive childhood."
    Number 6 -- Thursday April 28 2005, @06:27PM (#159824)
    (User #11792 Info)
    Be seeing you.
  • The minute she puts it up for sale, Manchester U.K. here I come!
    veradicere -- Thursday April 28 2005, @08:17PM (#159833)
    (User #8315 Info)
    • I'm sure .. by Hello Indie (Score:1) Friday April 29 2005, @01:39AM

[ home | terms of service ]