posted by davidt on Monday April 18 2005, @09:00AM
Retired Whore writes:

Nancy Sinatra was playing at the Grand Rex yesterday evening. Richard Hawley was the special guest and there was also a very special appearance of Jarvis Cocker who was in the crowd and was asked to go on stage to join Nancy for a song.

She mentinned Morrissey only once, prior to sing Let Me Kiss You. She said : if you listen carefully to the following song, you will hear my good friend Morrissey. I'm not sure he did the styling for the show for she was wearing a fur jacket (!).

I tried to spot Moz in the crowd but as I was on the mezzanine, it was difficult to see recognize anyone from above.

It was globally a very pleasant performance supported by a nice and warm crowd.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Her rendition for "let me kiss you" was a pure rampage. It was incredibly bad. You can't hear anything. The last half of her set was fantastic, but she's surrounded by a really bad band. They make too much noise for the little Nancy voice.
    Anonymous -- Monday April 18 2005, @09:23AM (#158421)
  • well is Morrissey her clothes picker or not? one minute shes saying he is then she wearing fur? i think thats stupid, unlesss it was fake in which case im sorry.
    Anonymous -- Monday April 18 2005, @09:50AM (#158427)
  • aw I adore him so! I knew he played guitar for a few songs on the album, but I didn't know he'd be on tour with her. Anybody knows if he'll play all shows? I guess I should check the Hawley board for this ;)
    sweetnesss <[email protected]> -- Monday April 18 2005, @12:47PM (#158486)
    (User #4385 Info | http://www.sweetness-online.de/)
    Life can only be understood in reverse.
  • Nancy played at the Motel Mosaic festival past
    weekend.

didn't know she was on the bill, but a short
    revieuw can be read on VPRO 3-voor-12 website

lots of concerts of that festival can be heard on-stream, sadly not Nancy's, but Little Barrie's
    gig is
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Monday April 18 2005, @11:04PM (#158574)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries

• I'm from Paris & i did, too, attend the nancy sinatra concert & what you forgot to mention is that:
      1st: little do you know about her actually sporting genuine fur so please don't come to too swift a conclusion...
      2nd:during the "let me kiss you" rendition, she lay her left hand around the ear when the first sampled Morrissey vocals broke out, to make sure everybody recognized her "good friend"- as though we were ignorant of that fact!

Cheers- Davey bogarde
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 19 2005, @03:25AM (#158599)

[ home | terms of service ]