posted by davidt on Monday April 18 2005, @09:00AM
goverton writes:

There's a hideous cartoon (scan) of the Reverend Ian Paisley, a notorious Northern Irish MP, doing a Morrissey impression singing "Heaven Knows I'm Muserable Noy" (sic).

It was on the cover of the Friday Review supplement of the Guardian in the UK today, illustrating an article about what UK politicians listen to (there's a general election here you know).

Thankfully neither Morrissey nor The Smiths were mentioned by any of MPs interviewed.

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • How embarising........
    Anonymous -- Monday April 18 2005, @09:54AM (#158430)
    • Re:Oh No! (Score:2, Funny)

perhaps gerry (adams) should be nearby singing 'stop me if you think you've heard this one before'
      damien dixon -- Monday April 18 2005, @11:57AM (#158477)
      (User #9996 Info)
    • Re:Oh No! by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday April 18 2005, @01:40PM
      • Re:Oh No! by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday April 19 2005, @08:49AM
  • Nice to see MAD doing a drawing of Harry Caray singing Moz.
    Jim Rome -- Monday April 18 2005, @01:21PM (#158498)
    (User #720 Info | http://www.jimrome.com/)
    ...and how?
  • Conservative MP David Cameron mentioned The Smiths as one of his favourite artists (and caused quite a stir when he did so in a previous interview a few months back, him being a Tory and all), along with Radiohead and Bob Dylan
    Anonymous -- Monday April 18 2005, @01:39PM (#158504)
  • Indoctrination! (Score:1, Informative)

Ian Paisley was on a tour of a multi-denominational school and he asked the classroom, "Give me an example of a tragedy"

A little presbyterian girl stood up and said,
    "If a person fell of a tree whilst playing, that would be a tragedy."
    "Very good", said Paisley, "but that would not be a tragedy, that would be an accident!"

A little protestant boy stood up and said,
    "If a busload of children crashed of a cliff, that would be a tragedy!"
    "Another good one", answered Ian, "but that would not be a tragedy, that would be a great loss"

A little catholic boy stood up and said,
    "If you were in a plane flying over this country, Mr Paisley, and it blew up, then that would be tragedy!"
    "Excellent", said Ian feeling very chuffed with himself, "but how would you know that was a tragedy?"
    "Well", said the young lad,
    "It wouldn't be a great loss and it certainly wouldn't be a fucking accident!"

(It's not mine - I plagiarised it!)
    goinghome -- Monday April 18 2005, @02:20PM (#158515)
    (User #12673 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]