posted by davidt on Friday April 15 2005, @10:30AM
Anonymous writes:

In an interview with the BBC 6 Music on Monday April 11 Bernard Butler of Suede/Tears fame, answered a fan's question:

"Q. Who has been the most influential person in your life and why?
May-ling in Trushell in Lincolnshire

Bernard: Johnny Marr"

[from BBC 6 Music link ]

Also, on the Tears official website Bernard Butler mentions that he is "listening" to the Smiths DVDs.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • isnt that sweet.
    Anonymous -- Friday April 15 2005, @10:32AM (#158043)
  • "Morrissey seems to think that if it wasn’t for him that none of the success that The Smiths had would have happened and that Johnny Marr, Andy, and I sort of hung on his coattails. To a certain extent that’s true, but at the end of the day The Smiths were a band and not just one person". Interesting how he lumps Marr in with him and Andy. http://www.vinnypeculiar.com/interviews%202004.htm
    Anonymous -- Friday April 15 2005, @02:44PM (#158121)
  • not on morrissey-solo.com.
    chrisarclark <[email protected]> -- Saturday April 16 2005, @03:07PM (#158263)
    (User #9259 Info)
    "I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
  • stories about stephen street and vinny reilly regularly make it on to the main page and nobody seems to complain about them or ask, "what does this have to do with morrissey?"

why does a reference to johnny marr inspire such rancor? given that marr was instrumental (no pun intended) in establishing morrissey's career and that there is a connection between butler/anderson and morrissey/marr, this is an appropriate posting.

perhaps all the complainers are bitter...deep down they must know that marr was really the one to put the m in manchester.

oh, i lied before...the pun was intended.
    river_euphrates -- Saturday April 16 2005, @10:17PM (#158292)
    (User #13100 Info)
  • 1 reply beneath your current threshold.

[ home | terms of service ]