posted by davidt on Friday April 15 2005, @10:30AM
Brighton Rich writes:

He's at it again with his ceramics! - I have to say, although I wouldn't buy it myself - I'm starting to really like them, in a toungue in cheek kind of way. You have to have a really abstract view of the world to see a quiff as a teapot spout, good luck to the bloke.

Morrissey teapot by Gary Seymour

Ebay Item number: 7313497963

Unique life-size teapot of Morrissey. This is a prototype of a forthcoming limited edition set of 30 Morrissey teapots, part of a range including character jugs and busts. Modelled, produced and individually signed and dated by Gary Seymour, an established and highly collectable English potter. It is a contemporary likeness of Morrissey, which celebrates his ‘comeback’ year of 2004. The machine gun handle is significant as it represents the logo of Morrissey’s own record label, ‘Attack Records’ and is, of course, featured on his ‘You Are The Quarry’ album cover. The teapot is made in a semi porcelain white earthenware, slipcast from the mould Gary made of his original clay model, and hand painted and finished in a transparent glaze. This is a big piece, measuring H: 30cm D: 21cm W: 19cm.

---
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

[ home | terms of service ]