posted by davidt on Wednesday April 13 2005, @09:00AM
sid_sideburn writes:

"Flowers, Sweat and Tears. And happy Birthday, you Bastard!"

Today's issue of Sueddeutsche Zeitung (scan) features a great live photograph (scan) and an article on the DVD-release. Here are some parts of the highly appraising German text:

"... there is so much love and beauty and madness in the air, that even Morrissey-haters of the worst kind and even those who don't know his works at all, find themselves lying on the floor, crying out of sheer joy. Everyday Is Like Sunday, There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - this never sounded more flamboyant and irresistible than on this night. A poet returns home and brings in the rich harvest of his life. His Manchester nickname is "fucking bastard". Morrissey is one of the best fucking bastards that we have."
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Oh no! This "Morrissey is a bastard" thing isn't going to go away too soon.

Well, I kind of figured there was some endearment attached. Should make
    for an interesting European Tour, if it does happen.

Think of the merchandizing.
    mozmic_dancer -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @10:02AM (#157677)
    (User #11277 Info)
    "I am the fun and the fair, on a Mozsite for the criminally insane..."
  • thanks to the original poster btw.

here's a link to the online version of it
    http://www.sueddeutsche.de/,kull5/kultur/artikel/164/51113/
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @11:41AM (#157699)
  • It was in the "Süddeutsche" already last year.
    Stanley -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @02:20PM (#157731)
    (User #77 Info)
    "You have a lot to unlearn." (pre-fame Morrissey to penpal)
  • I really want a T-shirt now, that says "Morrissey is a fucking bastard."
    Stu Walsh -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @02:35PM (#157735)
    (User #2312 Info)
  • how much better a cover to the live album would this [or this http://www.sueddeutsche.de/,kull5/kultur/artikel/164/51113/] hav made? a helluva lot better.
    chrisarclark <[email protected]> -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @04:02PM (#157751)
    (User #9259 Info)
    "I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
  • As you see on the picture in the background: its boz, i think like by "carter the unstoppable sexmaschine" concerts, we should shout: Boz, you fat bastard!
    RealWilliamNothing <reversethis-{ed. ... {ta} {shtimseht}> -- Friday April 15 2005, @06:31AM (#158009)
    (User #13972 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]