posted by davidt on Wednesday April 13 2005, @09:00AM
fancypants writes:

Morrissey was recently mentioned in a crazewire interview with Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy (see link below). In the interview, Wentz is asked about naming his book, "The Boy With the Thorn in His Side", and if he is a fan of the Smiths.

He replies, "Oh, absolutely. I love their music. It kind of bothers me that it's so en vogue to like The Smiths and Morrissey right now. Lately, it's kind of weird because every sixteen-year-old on the planet talks to me about them. The thing that's so bizarre to me is that Morrissey's not cool. People are obsessed with him, but he's this person that represents all these parts of me that I think are uncool and lame while, at the same time, endearing and quarky. I'm sure it won't always be cool to like him, but I always will."

The full article can be found here.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • oh please (Score:2, Insightful)

i only know who this band is b/c a friend of mine works for their management company. but they are atrocious.

"It kind of bothers me that it's so en vogue to like The Smiths and Morrissey right now. Lately, it's kind of weird because every sixteen-year-old on the planet talks to me about them."

what kind of bothers me is that all these lame "pop punk" bands act like they are the creative offspring of the smiths/morrissey. if he had really touched you that dearly and you really took him in as an influence, you wouldn't be playing such banal music that caters primarily to the very "16 year olds" you seem to be poking fun at.
    jp.5.22 -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @10:30AM (#157679)
    (User #12669 Info)
    • Re:oh please by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday April 13 2005, @03:37PM
  • yeah, this fallout guy is right. the more people listen to good music the worse off we all are.
    kudos for mentioning how lame you are, and how cool that makes you. What a dickhead.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @03:30PM (#157745)
  • maybe this tool box has such gripes with 16 year olds listening to the smiths b/c he didn't hear about them until he was 23. get over yourself.

the world is full of crashing bores. you clearly are one.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @05:25PM (#157768)
  • What is with you people? Stop being mad-at-the-world. You're feeding the stereotype that Moz fans hate everybody. This guy was only saying that he identifies w/ everything that Morrissey represents, whether it's "cool" or not.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @05:53PM (#157774)

[ home | terms of service ]