posted by davidt on Wednesday April 13 2005, @09:00AM
carnal artist writes:

This was posted on Popbitch.com this morning:

Mozzer drops in to see Nancy - Manchester Online
Dianne Bourne

CITY RETURN: Morrissey
DESPITE some earlier reports to the contrary, the M.E.N. can confirm that Morrissey did make an impromptu visit to his home city this week to watch Nancy Sinatra in concert.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • i didnt even know Nancy was on tour. :(
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @09:08AM (#157655)
  • i wonder if he gave her a tour of manchester afterwards, mind you is he still familiar with the place?
    L'Estrange -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @09:11AM (#157659)
    (User #1939 Info | http://www.morrissey-solo.com/)
    L'Estrange
    • Re:social life by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday April 13 2005, @09:52AM
  • and Nancy is one of them. I loce that girl :)
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @09:59AM (#157675)
  • moz sees nancy (Score:1, Redundant)

nancy sings songs.
    sing, nancy, sing!
    suzanne -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @11:36AM (#157698)
    (User #36 Info)
    I scare dead people.
  • Meat is Murder (Score:3, Insightful)

Speaking of Nancy I wonder if Moz knows what a carnivore she is!!

I happened to be flipping the channels and caught Nancy and her daughter talking about this rib joint in Memphis and how they always order their ribs from them. It continued to show her ordering from them off the internet. At one point she turns to the camera and says "everything is so good I want to order it all". Then orders ribs, chicken and many side dishes.

Final scene was her friends and family munching away at the ribs.
    Lucretia <{Lucretia2000} {at} {hotmail.com}> -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @11:46AM (#157701)
    (User #7336 Info)
    It's a shady game and I want to lose, please let me lose it's nothing to you...
    • Re:Meat is Murder by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday April 13 2005, @11:52AM
    • Re:Meat is Murder by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday April 13 2005, @12:01PM
      • Re:Meat is Murder by Meatfreecotter (Score:0) Wednesday April 13 2005, @01:41PM
      • Yeah, I remember watching that part and thinking how horribly uncomfortable Moz looked... I think it was because of the camera though; trying to have a "natural" conversation with a camera in their faces... we have to also remember that he was/is a fan of hers so that might have something to do with his behavior. Although you'd think star-struck-edness would dissipate after a while...
        everybody's lost -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @03:10PM (#157739)
        (User #12791 Info)
        ...a chat with you and somehow, death loses its sting.
    • Re:Meat is Murder (Score:2, Interesting)

I vaguely remember some printed article of her back when her album came out, and during the interview, she told the reporter/journalist to wait a bit while she went into the kitchen to check on the buffalo wings or some chicken wing thing she was cooking. She told the reporter then, "don't tell Morrissey".
      someraincoatedlovers -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @12:08PM (#157709)
      (User #10290 Info)
    • Yo yo yo, wait a minute! Who says dat meat eatahs and veggies can't mix? I like a lil' creamed corn wit my veal every once in a while!

I nevah stopped any of doze kids from playing wit Nancy cause dey wore doze kraut sandals!

As fuh dah cameras, I say dis!

Just say dat I'm a friend of yours and maybe they won't get wise,
      And if dey see us togethah, I'll brush dah dream from my eyes.
      I'll tell my heart it mustn't seem the song of remember when,
      Just say dat I'm a friend of yours dat you happen to meet again.
      Frank Sinatra -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @03:09PM (#157738)
      (User #2616 Info)
      Ol'Blue Balls
    • Why Cant We Be Freinds? by tenderliz (Score:1) Thursday April 14 2005, @09:05AM
  • Tried to post the tour on here a couple of months ago, but it never came on! She's only doing 4 dates, going to see her at The Sage gateshead tomorrow night
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @11:51AM (#157702)
  • This same woman turned up on Dubya's lawn with some biker gimpos last year, just for the fun of it.

AND she ate chicken.
    Furby -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @12:10PM (#157710)
    (User #4754 Info)
    in the silence you don't know,you must go on,I can't go on,I'll go on.
  • saw her the next night in Glasgow (although she did say "Thank You Edinburgh" - perhaps getting confused with the "quaint pub" she played 3 years earlier (The Liquid Rooms!!).

After playing Let Me Kiss You with little confidence or gusto (and actually forgetting to sing a verse on time), she drawled "that was written by my friend Morrissey. He was there last night.. where were we last night, where was it?

member of audience.. "MANCHESTER!"

another member of audience "So Much To Answer For"

For those who missed the series of shows, I wouldn't fret too much. It could have been Joan Rivers up there for all I know.

SMILE NANCY, SMILE!! Oh, you can't?
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @12:21PM (#157713)
  • This concert date was so close to when the smiths weekend in Manchester was. Morrissey could of been in Manchester then. Anyone remember seeing him at the star and garter by any chance,shaking his stuff to his own tunes? How sureal would that of been.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @01:08PM (#157722)
    • Re:so close! by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday April 13 2005, @01:58PM
  • Tanks kid (Score:2, Funny)

Tanks Mozza fuh takin' dah time out tah watch out fuh my lil' goyl. I always told huh tah always bring salt and peppah when going tah dat place!

Mozza, a man who remembahs his roots is a real man tah me! Dis one's fuh yous -

Goin' home, goin' home
    I'm a'goin' home
    Quiet-like, some still day
    I'm a'goin' home

It's not fah, just close by
                    Through an open door
                    Work all done, care laid by
                    Goin'ta fear no more

Mother's there, 'spectin' me
    Father's waitin', too
    Lots of folks gathered theare
    All dah friends I knew...
    Frank Sinatra -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @03:16PM (#157741)
    (User #2616 Info)
    Ol'Blue Balls
    • Re:Tanks kid by goinghome (Score:1) Friday April 15 2005, @12:35PM
      • Re:Tanks kid by Frank Sinatra (Score:1) Friday April 15 2005, @12:50PM
        • Re:Tanks kid by goinghome (Score:1) Monday April 18 2005, @02:08PM
  • Does johnny marr live around manchester? did morrissey visit him i wonder?
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 13 2005, @03:26PM (#157744)

[ home | terms of service ]