posted by davidt on Sunday April 10 2005, @09:00AM
someraincoatedlovers writes:

(the relevant portion of the page comes near the end of link [page 1] and continues onto page 2)

Charming Men by Annie Zaleski

Excerpt:

Five years after their last studio album, the Boys are on a small club tour in an attempt to recapture the pre-fab magic of those days. Oddly enough, however, the return of the band brings to mind another high-profile comeback kid in recent months: the godfather of alt-rock misery, Morrissey. Sound implausible that the two are linked? Think again.
---
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • At the risk of mockery, this article is very on point, at least in my experience. I am one of probably many fans of both Moz and BSB. I have been a Moz and Smiths fan for years, but I have to admit that I got the same tingling down my spine from listening to "Quit Playing Games (With my Heart)" for the first time as I did hearing "Hand in Glove" for the first time many years back.
    Anonymous -- Sunday April 10 2005, @10:12AM (#157204)
  • ...that missed the print deadline. Has to be.

I am sorry but I cannot accept a comparison with a crappy Boy Band as a valid one.

The evidence:

1. ‘each artist took great pains to stay out of the spotlight for a significant amount of time’ Doh! Is that because they are not producing anything? Is that supposed to be a strategy? ‘Oh we have no records out at the minute, we had better get in the spotlight for something so we can……..er be in the spotlight’!

2. Morrissey apparently throws his shirts in the crowd ‘just like the sartorial extravagance favoured by the Backstreeters of yore’ So, no-one has any Morrissey shirt prior to 95?

3. The comparison about songs about love being bread and butter, do not even get me started, be-jeysus.

4. Similar fan base? Not where I come from mate, but Geordie-land is not the world.

Check the link to Tombstone Haunted Ghost Town on the home page. It looks a scream (no pun intended). Is that where the BSB were for the last 5 years?

Anyone know what a Crustpunk is? Is it a reference to a crusty (old person)?
    Meatfreecotter -- Sunday April 10 2005, @11:21AM (#157213)
    (User #10088 Info)
  • Come, Come, Nuclear Boooomb!
    Anonymous -- Sunday April 10 2005, @05:14PM (#157245)

[ home | terms of service ]