posted by davidt on Sunday April 10 2005, @09:00AM
Requiescant Inpacce writes:

Morrissey is featured at length in this month's Mojo magazine (with Bolan on the cover).
He contributes, via interview, in the huge piece on Bolan, under the headline 'The Superfan'. He talks at length about being hooked from the moment he heard 'Ride A White Swan', and how seing T-Rex at the Belle Vue on June the 16th 1972 was his first concert experience. He finishes by asking rhetorically, "What kind of kids liked T-Rex? School-hating anarchists!".

The magazine also has a small piece on the 'Is It Really So Strange' film, under the headline Sweet And Tender Hooligans. In the same article it mentions Manchester Metroploitan University's 'Why Pamper Life's Complexities' syposium, information about which can be found at www.mipc.mmu.ac.uk.

There is also the review of the Earl's Court CD which someone else has mentioned here, and then there is a full page photo of Morrissey on page 144, upon which is various live music events being held this year, including of course, the Isle Of Wight Festival.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • I read the piece today and it was great: Morrissey should start writing stuff like this more regularly. Being a T.Rex/ Bolan fan myself it was just to the point, witty and clever.
    seb71 -- Sunday April 10 2005, @09:08AM (#157195)
    (User #13191 Info)
  • This web-site is becoming a bit tedious. Loads of people are happy to post crap about Cloe Shevigny (or however you spell her name, I don't know) but when it comes to music related stuff people just can't be arsed. How many (young) Morrissey fans even know who Marc Bolan is? Not many I suppose. When I read the article written by Morrissey himself in MOJO magazine about Bolan, I instantly thought "Yes, I know exactly why you loved T.Rex in those days". Morrissey is a great writer! And for young Morrissey fans: Get some T.Rex/ Marc Bolan Cds - they rock!
    Anonymous -- Sunday April 10 2005, @01:24PM (#157225)
  • does anyone remember where they were back in 1977 when they first heard the news that bolan died in the car crash? i do and i was very shocked by the news...
    Anonymous -- Monday April 11 2005, @01:34AM (#157270)
  • T-Rex are amazing, and if all you think all Marc Bolan did was Get it on and the other harder stuff, check out what he did before he went rock. Tyrannosaurus Rex have some of the most beautiful songs, more in line with Cocteau Twins and Jeff Buckley.
    Anonymous -- Monday April 11 2005, @10:08AM (#157308)
  • how long is pop and politics on for?

has anyone voted in the channel 4 poll for the greatest 101 albums?

i hope the queen is dead charts high, its the most amazing album ever. does anyone agree?

let me kno..
    kezo -- Monday April 11 2005, @01:46PM (#157362)
    (User #13827 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]