posted by davidt on Sunday April 10 2005, @09:00AM
freschwill writes:

In the newest Rolling Stone, Brandon Flowers is asked what band he would most like to see reunited.

He answers, "I don't obsess about it, but I'd like to see the Smiths. Morrissey and Marr wouldn't do it for me -- I need the whole package. But that seems unlikely because of the lawsuits. They're due to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame soon. They're all still alive, so I wonder what'll happen."

The full article can be found here.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Although I like the Killers, Brandon must be a bit nuts. The Smiths will NEVER perform together and I don't think that they should. It would be very sad to see them at it again and it would spoil the beautiful memory of the great band.
    Anonymous -- Sunday April 10 2005, @09:18AM (#157196)
  • SHOULD definitely work with Marr again. Not as The Smiths, but as a duo. Then the great alliance would be reactivated to create something fresh.

Bring back Johnny Marr!
    Anonymous -- Sunday April 10 2005, @10:01AM (#157200)
  • I mean other bands that hated each other have performed together at the Hall of Fame induction ceremony... The Eagles. Van Halen. The Police. Even Prince's Revolution. While it can be argued that these band may not have actually "hated" each other ( a strong dislike and jealousy is there)... the example still is remains strong.
    I think that if the four lads would indeed perform at the ceremony, THAT would be the last time you saw them on the stage together.
    Anonymous -- Sunday April 10 2005, @10:02AM (#157201)
  • I dont think that Morrissey or Marr should start working together. I mean it is a shame and a great loss to music that Marr didnt acheve much sucsses after The Smiths but he has moved on. As for Morrissey, I dont think he would perform with Marr just out of princable. the past is the past. And as for The Smiths reforming! well just quote Mozzer him self "I wish the very worse on Joyce for the rest of his days!". The Smiths have grown up and grown apart. Would you get back with a old girlfriend/boyfriend you havent been with for 15 years just cos your mum was looking through a old photo album? Hmmmmmmmmmm! Always forward , never back!

Jay.
    Anonymous -- Sunday April 10 2005, @10:20AM (#157205)
  • I love that song too, full of vulnerable soul.
    Killers, then U2 = quality gig.
    goinghome -- Sunday April 10 2005, @01:38PM (#157233)
    (User #12673 Info)
  • I'll buy a Killers album the day I have a Southern Baptist Church Cookie Sale/Car Wash in downtown Fallujah, but I like what this Flowers person said. May sound insane to most of you, but some of us old-tyme apostles don't want anything but the original lineup. Morrissey, Marr, Rourke, Joyce. Nothing more, nothing less. Give me my lawnmower parts before vile usurpers. Hell, I nearly had a heart attack when Spencer Cobrin was replaced, and that was just Morrissey's adorable little band of Mozketeers.

I hope The Smiths never get inducted. The Hall of Fame is nothing but a tourist trap to lure people to Cleveland-- Cleveland! And you thought Salford was a hole!-- and the annual wankfest "jam" is considered a form of euthenasia in some states. Listening to Bruce Springsteen singing backup during "Panic" or Carlos Santana playing a 12,316 note solo during "This Charming Man" would be like having the inner walls of your anus scraped with a cold butter knife.

What are they going to say, anyway?

"All of us really, uh...we hated The Smiths when they were around and we--"
    "They weren't rock and roll, man."
    "The Smiths, like-- we regarded them as lame British student-rock, New Wave Indie fags."
    "In Rolling Stone you couldn't read about them unless you looked at the College Top Ten chart on the back page!"
    "What Sting means to say is, we didn't understand them, but they, uh, had their listeners, right, and..."
    "Exactly, Ringo. They were sort of popular..."
    "They were popular in L.A., for example. In parts."
    "Let me see the card...yeah, like Santa Monica and North Hollywood".
    "North Hollywood isn't part of L.A."
    "L.A. County or City?"
    "I don't, uh-- have you ever seen 'Chinatown'?"
    "That is a GREAT movie."
    "Psst, guys, hurry up and induct the idiots. Bono has a speech prepared for Yanni and if we don't hurry we'll be here 'til next Thursday."
    "Okay, so, uh, even though the only real rock band to come along in the Eighties was U2--"
    "And The Alarm."
    "And The Alarm, we, uh, we have to fill out our roster here..."
    "Contractual obligations."
    "Right. I mean, we're sorry folks. Me and Paul Simon wanted to induct all of the individual Raiders from Paul Revere and the Raiders as solo artists, but nothing doing, man."
    "Next year we'll try for one of Jerry Garcia's four stomachs."
    "He had four stomachs, like a cow!"
    "Morris...what? Oh, just one name? Morrissey? Okay, the lead singer, he wants to protect cows. Like on their album, ah...'Meat'...is that right? Okay. 'Meat Is Murder'".
    "Which, okay, sold fewer copies than Bob Dylan's 1973 bootleg from the Fillmore."
    "Heh. Quit it, I was wrapping it up."
    "HURRY YOU TWITS! Keith Richards is late for his transfusion! His eyes are starting to roll up into the back of his head again."
    "Without further ado...THE SMITHS!"
    Anonymous -- Sunday April 10 2005, @09:00PM (#157255)
    • Lol.... by Az Moz Fan (Score:1) Sunday April 10 2005, @09:45PM
    • Snigger OL by Meatfreecotter (Score:0) Monday April 11 2005, @04:27AM
  • Anyone in Phoenix have a extra ticket for their show in Tempe (Az) on Monday April 11? It's sold out & I don't have the money for scalpers.
    Az Moz Fan -- Sunday April 10 2005, @09:51PM (#157259)
    (User #1326 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]