posted by davidt on Friday April 08 2005, @09:00AM
loafing oaf 1954 writes:

Favourable review in London newspaper, Metro with 4 out of 5 stars.

It reads -

Even those with memories that don't stretch back to his shambolic 1991 video Live in Dallas will find Who Put The M In Manchester? to be a rich feast of the best Morrissey-flavoured sweetmeats, with Bucky Fukumoto's direction vividly depicting the crooning curmudgeon at the height of his powers. In front of a dazzling Elvis-style backdrop spelling out his name, the 20,000 'friends' assembled in Manchester are treated to a 19-track set of old solo favourites, unusual Smiths selections and tracks from last year's album triumph You Are The Quarry. El Moz, giving a sterling performance, obviously relishes the occasion as much as the fans who attempt to catapult themselves stagewards.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • i do, i really do.
    Anonymous -- Friday April 08 2005, @10:05AM (#156992)
  • is fantastic. I'm sure there will be patchy moments - like the yawnsome "hairdresser on fire" that I almost dozed off to live at the MEN, but almost every song performance is different and unique and, I hardly need say, beautifully sung.

He could have camped it up a little more during "Shoplifters" but it's defintiely an 8/10 video, at least.

broken
    Anonymous -- Friday April 08 2005, @10:46AM (#156995)
  • Sorry to play the pedant; but Metro is not a London newspaper its a national one (with slight regional variations). I read this review in the Manchester edition. Good review - good-oh.
    Ben G -- Friday April 08 2005, @04:08PM (#157047)
    (User #9622 Info)
  • morrissey is fucking beautiful.

his performance is fucking beautiful.

no words give justice.
    Anonymous -- Saturday April 09 2005, @11:22PM (#157160)
  • Whatever... I didn't think Live In Dallas was 'shambollic' - the concert was amazing, the band were great and the filming wasn't too bad - not HDTV quality filming but pretty good and we all got the bonus of a great live performance in our own living room !

Strawberry.
    Anonymous -- Sunday April 10 2005, @04:38AM (#157180)

[ home | terms of service ]