posted by davidt on Wednesday April 06 2005, @10:00AM
Designer Magazine writes:

Just letting you know about Designer Magazine's review of MORRISSEY's "Live At Earls Court" album and "Who Put The M In Manchester" DVD

http://designermagazine.tripod.com

Cheers

Alex McCann
(Editor - Designer Magazine)
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • And of course we want an actual interview with Morrissey, but we are always left wanting more. I think that's the beauty of being one of his fans. Listen to him on vinyl/cassette/cd, see him in concert, watch a dvd and feel completely fulfilled, but we could always breathe in more.

I think everything there was to say was expressed by a fan, in a lyric or to the crowd. Live at Earl's Court is all about being in the moment.
    Suswa -- Wednesday April 06 2005, @11:19AM (#156775)
    (User #6274 Info | http://www.facebook.com/SUSMOZ)
  • ......that the DVD is probably a more satisfying review than the CD. In fact, since I wasn't a massive Quarry fan, I'd say 'Who Put The M?' may be his best release in years. The concert is excellent of course - and 'Jack The Ripper' is a stunner, in this incarnation as in its others. The package is beautifully put together, with the menus being lovingly presented and the reading of Imperfect List over the Manchester footage is utterly sublime - sent a chill down my spine.

As to following a great album with an average one - well, yes, it has often happened. On the other hand, think of the 'Your Arsenal'/'Vauxhall and I' double whammy where M went from strength to strength. Also, I don't think YATQ is his best work, so maybe the theory doesn't count for me. But now that he has regained his confidence, he at least stands more chance of making a superb follow up to Quarry in the studio. I do hope so.

Cheers for the review Alex - enjoyed reading it.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 06 2005, @11:56AM (#156784)
  • Good - The'move fest'footage,Simply Fantastic!
    everything I could want - Bloody brilliant!
    think wrong show was realeased
    The Bad - the concert itself, he seems to be
    going through the motions..on what was suppossed
    to be a special occasion, just didnt feel that way
    The Ugly - The stain on his shirt 3 songs in ~
    it is distracting! And the'MyM' lasted 15 secs
    into that..just too brutal
    markmustb1 -- Wednesday April 06 2005, @06:34PM (#156836)
    (User #13161 Info)
    cos no one ever turns to me to say ...

[ home | terms of service ]