posted by davidt on Wednesday April 06 2005, @10:00AM
Mike writes:

The second Quarry night, a Morrissey and Smiths night in London will be taking place on Saturday April 16th.

It will start at 8pm and finish at 2am.

The tribute band, The Smyths, will be playing two sets during the evening in the first floor bar. The ground floor will have quieter music played throughout the night and there will be DJs in the basement and the 1st floor.

There will be concert and video footage played on the many tv screens throughout the venue and slides shown on the projector screen.

Advanced tickets have been selling well. There are still tickets available but it is advisable to buy them in advance using Paypal via the website. On the first night the tickets sold out in the last week and I had to turn many people away on the night.

Also, future nights will be on June 18th and August 13th.

I am also hoping to confirm a small Quarry event on Friday July 1st at A Hammersmith venue. This is to tie in with the opening of the Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others Musical at the Lyric Theatre. It will be for a smaller group of 60 people and there will be a vegetarian buffet laid on. It is not yet confirmed since I am waiting on a late licence to be approved by the police. Once the licence has been confirmed tickets for this and the other 2 nights will be made available through the website after April 16th.

Thanks,

Mike
Quarry Organiser

http://www.quarrynight.com
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • even better than the Manchester ones in my humble...
    just wish it was a little bit nearer a night bus to south west London!
    John
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 06 2005, @11:12AM (#156774)
  • the last one was brilliant ,looking forward to seeing everyone down there again.
    see ya mike
    L x
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 06 2005, @11:39AM (#156781)
  • nice to see a real smiths tribute band.

-s.a.t.h.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 06 2005, @05:48PM (#156831)
  • The last "Quarry" (was it the 1st?) was Great. Fantastic atmosphere and a great crowd! I have seen the Smyths live and they were superb. Can't wait for this event! I have heard about Mike, the guy who is organizing these events, and apparently he is a devoted Morrissey/ The Smiths fanatic and a really friendly guy. Well done - hope there's many more events to come! See you there.
    Anonymous -- Thursday April 07 2005, @04:03PM (#156931)
  • Wozn' t aware anyone had organized the Quarry.
    About time, too. All those vital organs in no particular order, frankly, it was disgusting.

So, Sincere thanks for that.

Stuart Smallish.
    Anonymous -- Friday April 08 2005, @02:45AM (#156961)

[ home | terms of service ]