posted by davidt on Friday April 01 2005, @10:00AM
Astroman writes:

It may be an April Fool's joke, but the folks over at Pitchforkmedia.com continues to show their love for Morrissey by giving Live at Earls Court a 7.8.

Morrissey Live at Earls Court by Michael Idov, Pitchfork
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Very astute review (Score:2, Insightful)

Really does sum up a lot of what I have been thinking about Morrissey's "comeback".

Especially the fact that he really seems to be dealing with the ageing process in a much more real and interesting way than any of his contemporaries.
    Anonymous -- Friday April 01 2005, @10:50AM (#156286)
  • indeed (Score:2, Insightful)

The reviewer hit it right on the head- Morrissey is aging more gracefully than anyone had a right to expect. Other musicians could learn a thing or two from him about how to go about being in your mid to late 40's and not looking like a fool.
    pezboy2u -- Friday April 01 2005, @02:44PM (#156346)
    (User #11848 Info)
    "you're like f*ckin Job, everything happens to you"
  • and the reviews are of a high quality of writing.

although, i don't recall people being actually "ejected" from radio city. one guy just in front of me ran onstage and made it right back to his seat.
    jp.5.22 -- Friday April 01 2005, @06:01PM (#156359)
    (User #12669 Info)
  • Very nice and well put altogether. It's nice to see some genuine appreciation for! Rather sad, though, that such a positive bit of press apparently merits no comment, while the negative review draws them in hordes...

Ah, well, I suppose I can't disparage people for wanting to defend our man.
    despair and i -- Friday April 01 2005, @07:26PM (#156363)
    (User #12877 Info | http://nonameslob.com/)
    ...the heart feels free...
  • Is it true that the cd is made up of performances from all over the country? If so, I would very much like to know how it breaks down. Any ides?
    special damage -- Sunday April 03 2005, @01:46AM (#156453)
    (User #13249 Info)
  • I got the CD on Friday through Amazon and I have to say it's an amazing album. It's better than You Are The Quarry by a mile and pisses all over Beethoven Was Deaf. I'm really surprised as I only really bought the damn thing out of loyalty having been a long-term fan. Wicked. Thank you, Moz!

PS It was all taken from one show, but Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me was possibly edited to fit the whole show onto one CD.
    Rico -- Sunday April 03 2005, @05:17PM (#156535)
    (User #3487 Info | http://profiles.myspace.com/users/5347553)
    Karma equals minus infinity, but I stand up for the truth
  • Typical sentimentality from Mr Idov. Russian, right? I'm not surprised.
    Ever heard of Pétain? He was pretty fatherly too! And North Korean leaders: fairly bemused and benevolent, wouldn't you say?

I really think you should stop fantasizing on old guys, Michael.

"Flirty in a who's-yer-daddy way"? Who? John Paul ? Well, it was his job, wasn't it?
    Anonymous -- Monday April 04 2005, @10:01AM (#156606)
  • I was thinking about the demise of David Bowie just the other day and how he has done things exactly the wrong way for many months.

Strawberry
    Anonymous -- Monday April 04 2005, @11:10AM (#156615)
    • Dave's demise by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday April 05 2005, @02:29AM

[ home | terms of service ]