posted by davidt on Friday April 01 2005, @10:00AM
An anonymous person writes:

Is this in jest? It isn't funny even if it is- was reading same issue of NME as Moz's good live CD review, and read TO MY HORROR that NME journo mark beaumont has the audacity to compare Morrissey's lyrical genius with that arrogant, ignorant fool Dominic Masters of The Others. I quote:

"... and "Ba-ba-babababaaaa-POW!" is the sexiest chorus since "La-la-la/La-la-lala-laaaaaa". Makes you wonder why you bother, eh Morrissey?"
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Surely, without having read the rest of the review, that is a sarcastic note on the fact that "Ba-ba-babababaaaa-POW!" is hardly an eloquent expression of emotion?
    Anonymous -- Friday April 01 2005, @02:39PM (#156345)
  • the Others (Score:2, Insightful)

certainly don't match the Smiths
    [as the NME wrote about debutalbums],
    and you can't compare Dominic to Morrissey

Morrissey who hides his private life as
    the Royal Crown yewels in The Tower
    Dominic otoh is very open about his
    life, using drugs, having a transesxual
    boyfriend

I know they're hyped by the NME, but
    they surely made some musical gems already,
    and Dominic has the potential to write
    good lyrics
    Their album [not counting Morrissey's live album]
    is the best till yet, released album in 2005
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Friday April 01 2005, @11:44PM (#156371)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries
  • the la la verse is from the libertines. every song on likely lads is good. more than one can say about earl's court. i think it sucks. i have been waiting too long for moz to release another live album. if he plays jack the ripper one more time when i see him live, or like he has put on who put them in manchester, i think i will scream and stiop paying 67.00 for crappy seats to see 55 minute half-ass shows. where's the sponge and the rusty spanner? where is moz's allegiance to his fans? as one, i have always felt he cares not about what we want, but rather, that which suits him for the moment. young girl....one day ...you will be old...and you should stop fleecing your devotees.
    Anonymous -- Sunday April 03 2005, @08:38AM (#156473)

[ home | terms of service ]