posted by davidt on Thursday February 03 2005, @10:00AM
Jamie writes:

As confirmed by Boz, both "I'm Playing Easy To Get" and "Noise is the Best Revenge" are Morrissey / Boorer compositions.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • I take it these songs won't be released until 2006, then.
    I'm Playing Easy To Get for a future single?
    I hope so.
    Johan de Witt <[email protected]> -- Thursday February 03 2005, @10:29AM (#149553)
    (User #4231 Info)
  • I was hoping these would be released as b-sides on the single - which doens't look like it's going to happen.
    Thoughts?
    Erik -- Thursday February 03 2005, @10:45AM (#149554)
    (User #1074 Info)
  • I like the roiling, glam-heavy guitars on this track. Sounds like Boz dusted off his T-Rex and Bowie and let loose.

I'm curious if Boz has ever played lead on the Morrissey tracks he's written? Whether on record or on stage?
    king leer -- Thursday February 03 2005, @10:57AM (#149555)
    (User #80 Info)
    • Re:Noise is da Best Revenge by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday February 03 2005, @12:01PM
    • Boz's Leads (Score:2, Informative)

KL,

To the best of my knowledge (from exhaustive listening in order to grasp the differences in his style in comparison to Alain's and from the live shows I've seen), Boz has played lead on Speedway, The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils, Maladjusted, Ammunition, and I Can Have Both. He also plays leads on a number of Alain's songs, including the verse lead lines on Glamorous Glue, Hold On To Your Friends, Boxers, and Certain People I Know.

I've always found it curious that Alain plays lead on so many of Boz's songs. I guess it's a testament to Boz's reputation as a team player and his lack of ego. At least in the case of Jack the Ripper, Alain's lead lifts the song to a whole new level. Boz just seems to have an intuitive grasp of when to step aside and let his cohort shine.

Cheers,

Jamie
      Jamie <[email protected]> -- Thursday February 03 2005, @12:55PM (#149569)
      (User #48 Info)
      • Re:Boz's Leads by king leer (Score:1) Thursday February 03 2005, @07:55PM
  • I have I'm Playing Easy To Get, but can some kind soul post Noise is the Best revenge someplace for me to download? Your Karma will remember...

[email protected]
    Anonymous -- Thursday February 03 2005, @11:47AM (#149556)
  • The Slum Mums was terrible. The Public Image has interesting parts and it's easy to see why Moz kept this as a b-side... not strong enough to include on an album.
    The Slum Mums isn't good at all.
    Anonymous -- Thursday February 03 2005, @11:50AM (#149557)
  • Noise Is The Best Revenge has really grown me over the past month. When I first heard it I didn't know what to make of it. The chorus threw me slightly but now I love it. I can't wait to hear the studio version of it. I hope they give it a bit of something between its legs!
    Mickey Vegas -- Thursday February 03 2005, @01:20PM (#149574)
    (User #4389 Info | http://www.myspace.com/ferry76)
  • Where can I find these songs? Are they new b-sides?

Has "I like You" been already released? which are the b-sides?

I have the special edition of YATQ with the 9 b-sides and the other 3 b-sides from I have forgiven Jesus. But I still dont't have these 2 songs. Pls tell me how can I get them. Have they been released?

Tks!!
    Anonymous -- Thursday February 03 2005, @06:49PM (#149598)
  • I love the narrative progression of the verses. The final, "Hey kid, let me die..." is classic. Corrections welcome.

Noise is the Best Revenge (Morrissey/Boorer)

Hey kid, take my hand
    If only for a while
    And tell me all over again

You say "noise", it's the best revenge
    Noise, noise, noise
    All you can say is "noise"
    It's the best revenge
    I know why you're dreaming
    Noise, it's the best revenge
    I know why you're dreaming, too

Hey kid, let my cry
    And don't think any less of me
    I've been hawking this song for too long

You say "noise", it's the best revenge
    There's a right a way
    There's a wrong way
    And there's even a Victorian middle system of noise
    I know why you're dreaming, too
    Too, too, too

Hey kid, let me die
    A short walk into the dark sky
    A final adventure, if only I wasn't so tired

And you say, " know why you're dreaming"
    You say, "I know why you're dreaming"
    'Cause it's the only escape
    "Cause it's the only escape, to
    To...
    king leer -- Thursday February 03 2005, @08:16PM (#149604)
    (User #80 Info)
  • So...is Moz going to release this on two different CD singles like everything else? Maybe the first 58 seconds of the song on one and the next 1 minute and 12 seconds on another? (track length was made up). Perhaps $12.99 for each single/part?
    Fence -- Thursday February 03 2005, @09:28PM (#149608)
    (User #1034 Info)
    Heel in the back, size 13
  • Heavens (Score:1, Funny)

'A final adventure...
    If only I wasn't so tired'

Oh dear..
    Anonymous -- Friday February 04 2005, @01:30AM (#149617)
  • Bit strange that no-one has converted these tracks into Mp3's. Morrissey fans are normally a bit quicker with things like that. Oh, well.
    Anonymous -- Friday February 04 2005, @01:53AM (#149618)
    • Re:Mp3 by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday February 04 2005, @02:49AM
      • Yawn by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday February 04 2005, @03:16AM
    • Re:Mp3 by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday February 04 2005, @02:43PM
    • Re:Mp3 by sweetadeline (Score:1) Sunday February 06 2005, @06:10AM
  • I just did not get this when I first heard it - I thought it wa a complete mess. Listening to it again its grown on me to such an extent that I can now see it for the genius it is. Gram glam Your Arsenal style music and insane lurching vocals from Moz - this absolutely shits over anything else from the You Are the Quarry sessions - please god it makes it onto the next album and isnt forgotten...
    Anonymous -- Friday February 04 2005, @04:45AM (#149628)
  • or who can tell me the co-writing credits to all the songs?
    chrisarclark <[email protected]> -- Friday February 04 2005, @02:23PM (#149718)
    (User #9259 Info)
    "I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
  • Don't you think Morrissey is a bit of a pub rocker these days? Listen to the Smiths or his early solo stuff it's so much better.
    Kenan -- Saturday February 05 2005, @12:33PM (#149811)
    (User #13621 Info)
    • Re:Pub Rock by Jocky Thomas (Score:1) Saturday February 05 2005, @02:27PM
    • Re:Pub Rock by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday February 09 2005, @06:28AM
      • Re:Pub Rock by Kenan (Score:1) Wednesday February 09 2005, @01:46PM
  • What has happend to Alain Whyte???? I know that this is a on going saga but does any one have any news (apart from seeing him on a bus route in camden). Will he still be playing with Moz or what.? I notice that noise is the best revenge is a boz compisition. Just been watching who put the "m" in manchester and Alain looks like hes having a hard time with the chords of "headmaster ritual" do you think he had enough or did Moz (hush my dirty rumour spreading mouth!).
    Anonymous -- Friday April 08 2005, @01:23PM (#157025)

[ home | terms of service ]