posted by davidt on Saturday July 31 2004, @12:00PM
David Alcock writes:

Just for the record, I am the fan in the white sleeveless top with 'Morrissey' written on it in red capital letters, being passed over the fans with my left arm outstretched, about 2mins 20secs through the FOTGTD video from the MEN Arena. It took three bouncers to hold me back from the stage once I'd got to the front!

Only a handful of these shirts were made - by a designer in Sydney called Peter Morrissey - his shop is on Oxford Street, Sydney.

Anyway, this could interest someone - I wasn't sure where to post it!

Is anyone else who is reading this featured on the video?

Also, having recently bought the Hulmerist DVD, I wonder if anyone who reached the stage at that gig has tried to (or managed to) get on stage at Morrissey's recent concerts...
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • hulmerist (Score:1, Interesting)

well fame fame fatal fame.i am the bloke who wears the green cardigan with a queen is dead t shirt on. i was 18 at the time and yes , when i was walking along the street at the front of the smihs fans , this was at the direct request from none other than tim broad.
    Anonymous -- Saturday July 31 2004, @12:20PM (#117376)
  • I was at the Sheffield City Hall gig in 1995 that was taped for "Introducing Morrissey". I was talking to the bassist in Marion (the support act) before the show, who told me that it was being recorded. I was really hopeful of being on the video, as the City Hall is quite small and we were near the front. Unfortunately, when the video came out, I discovered that there weren't many shots of the crowd and I'm not on there anywhere! I didn't get my 15 minutes of fame, but Moz was on top form that night so I can't complain...
    Anonymous -- Saturday July 31 2004, @03:48PM (#117411)
    • Re:fatal fame (Score:2, Interesting)

i've only been in a Guns n Roses video (how sad am I?)but but but it was an accident and I shouldn't have really been there...Morrissey sent me a postcard when the Smiths weren't even famous and he signed it "Lashings of Love Morrissey" and it was a picture of him leaning across a sundial.....gorgeous...that kept me going for all my teen years in the 80's!!!
      scarlette -- Saturday July 31 2004, @07:29PM (#117427)
      (User #11977 Info)
      • Re:fatal fame by Orin_Leland (Score:1) Saturday July 31 2004, @08:10PM
      • Re:fatal fame by Anonymous (Score:0) Sunday August 01 2004, @02:48AM
    • Sheffield 95 by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday August 02 2004, @12:07AM
  • Your mum must be proud of your career foiling security guards and squashing people having a good time.
    Ms.Golightly -- Sunday August 01 2004, @10:00AM (#117488)
    (User #9821 Info | http://www.confessions123.com/)
    JSR, running with the dogs today...
  • who cares!
    Anonymous -- Sunday August 01 2004, @11:16AM (#117497)

[ home | terms of service ]