posted by davidt on Thursday April 29 2004, @08:00AM
sid_sideburn writes:

The May edition of Rolling Stone Magazine Germany features - as has been previously mentioned here - a very nice, but more or less disappointing 16-page-special on Morrissey, which comes up with no new photos or info and is mostly about The Smiths.

The record review section, though, features an enthusiastic review of "You Are The Quarry" and gives five stars out of five, describing Morrissey as "the best English lyricist of our time, the most controverse provocateur, the most absurd emigrant, the most poisonous critic of Britain and America" and praises the album as "as sentimental, as heartbreaking and kitsch as the scene in 'Rebel Without A Cause' when James Dean wrapped Sal Mineo in his red jacket".
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Big Noses Again (Score:1, Interesting)

Hate to be such a swot, but I have to point out that yet another journo seems to have been reading Simpson's 'Saint Morrissey'. See p.87 end of the chapter 'Others conquered love', where Simpson speculates about the Morrisseyean significance of the windcheater scene in 'Rebel Without a Cause'.

Do you think 'St Moz' was handed out with the review copies of the album?
    Anonymous -- Thursday April 29 2004, @08:12AM (#98796)
  • Hi,
    Would a kind soul please send me a copy to the UK ?
    I am happy to pay postage costs etc...
    Cheers,
    Del
    Del -- Thursday April 29 2004, @08:21AM (#98799)
    (User #4606 Info)
  • I think that's his second 5/5 (after the Attitude review)
    This is beginning to feel like the Eurovision song contest!
    John, England
    Anonymous -- Thursday April 29 2004, @09:20AM (#98828)
  • I'm slightly surprised as to why everyone is commenting on the bad review and not taking confidence from this great review.
    goodbye_a_go_go -- Thursday April 29 2004, @09:26AM (#98830)
    (User #10175 Info)
    • Re:5 stars!!! by JonnersB (Score:1) Friday April 30 2004, @04:23AM

[ home | terms of service ]