posted by davidt on Tuesday April 27 2004, @09:00AM
and_bov writes:

Morrissey will play in Italy at the "Flippaut" Festival in Bologna on Sunday 13 June. Here is the full show of the festival:

DOMENICA 13 GIUGNO
MUSE
MORRISSEY
THE RASMUS
JET
THE VEILS
TRE ALLEGRI RAGAZZI MORTI
TV ON THE RADIO
THE ZUTONS,
KAITO
YOUNG HEART ATTACK

For more info check http://www.indipendenti.com o http://www.flippautrockfestival.com (online from 29/4/2004)

---
ANNA NEVER also writes:

Morrissey will be on 13/06/04 in Bologna (Italy) at Flippaut Rock Festival!
Buy tickets here.

---
Davide also writes:

Morrissey seems to be playing at FLIPPAUT festival on 13th June in Bologna.

Click on the link.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • I love the Zutons!!!

going to see them again on Thursday - I'd like to say its a dream line-up. but Rasmus???

ermm....
    Brighton Rich -- Tuesday April 27 2004, @09:07AM (#98128)
    (User #8270 Info)
  • I bet morrissey secretly eats bologna, a little bologna, cheese, mustard and bread... nobody has to know. shhhhh
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 27 2004, @10:55AM (#98162)
  • for those who dont know this band, theyre awesome. saw them open for British Sea Power in Toronto and they kicked ass. their latest album, Band Red, is excellent. many Elastica comparisons abound.
    chrisarclark <[email protected]> -- Tuesday April 27 2004, @10:58AM (#98163)
    (User #9259 Info)
    "I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
  • I'm from Finland and The Rasmus is one of our biggest "exports" in music (along with HIM). To hear that The Rasmus is playing side by side with Morrissey is seriously disturbing news. The Rasmus was long considered the village fools, playing Red Hot Chili Peppers styled music. Now, suddenly, they're all over MTV playing dark, deep rock to the youth of Europe. Oh well, I guess we do hate it when our friends become successful.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 27 2004, @12:38PM (#98199)
  • I studied Italian for my Al-Levels and at Uni. So here's the translation for the press release section relevant to Morrissey. Note two blatant inconsistencies. 1) Morrissey played in Milan only a couple of years ago. The press release mention an absence of 10 years...bah...
    2) Scissor Sisters (which, incidentally, are my new fav band) are NOT from the UK. They're American. The press release refers to them as an English band. Bah.

There it is anyway:

"A shift towards more indie-alternative atmosphere on the 2nd day at Flippout, Sunday 13th June. As a one-off date, there comes back to our country the great Morrissey, undisputed and extremely well renowned leader of The Smiths, still able to draw the music press attention towards him with plenty of front covers thanks to his new album You Are The Quarry, out on May the 17th. His Italian comeback has been longed for as he's been missing for almost ten years.
    Young Morrissey's disciples are potentially The Veils fronted by 19yr old Finn Andrews. They'll open for the Gaffer on the 2nd day stage
    as well as Davide Toffolo's Tre Allegri Ragazzi Morti (three happy dead boys) with their Incredibile Spectaculo de la Vida e de la Muerte.
    Garage rock comes with a stomp with JET, this year's up and coming band with their hit Are
    you gonna be my girl, and the Texan stomping ensemble THE YOUNG HEART ATTACK inspired by The Who and MC5. A Nordic presence on the second day with THE RASMUS and their immediately captivating Finnish rock (twice they sold-out for their Italian shpws last January). From Liverpool
    come THE ZUTONS, a band many are ready to bet on as the next big thing: energetic sound and a wicked blend of rock, funk and soul are the credentials for the group's Italian debut. An extremely lo-fi indie-rock for English band KAITO,
    whilst Brooklin is the place that launched TV ON THE RADIO and their very peculiar electric punk rock. Finally, fresh from their tour with Duran Duran the ultra-controversial SCISSOR SISTERS arrive in Bologna with their glam-dance already praised in the UK, their birthplace, as they climb the charts with Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb."

Claude, Birmingham, UK
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 27 2004, @02:24PM (#98261)
  • Io non sono italiano, cosiche che mim importa?
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 27 2004, @06:36PM (#98295)
    • Re:Madonn'! by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday April 27 2004, @10:59PM
  • mia Bologna ha un nome, esso è morrissey
    VIVAMOZ <[email protected]> -- Tuesday April 27 2004, @09:14PM (#98321)
    (User #184 Info | http://www.cato.org/)
    blame me! i didn't vote!
    • Re:viva by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday April 27 2004, @10:15PM
  • It's www.indipendente.com.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 27 2004, @11:05PM (#98335)
  • caro StefanoPatrizio, ci saremo tutti, ma vieni in italia per un Tour però!
    I'm glad: I'll be in Manchester on the 22nd and just after a couple of weeks he's coming to Bologna. BINGO!
    see you all in Bologna then.
    maccOZ from Milan ***
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 28 2004, @02:27AM (#98401)
  • Why are Muse above Morrissey on the line-up? What is the world coming to?
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 28 2004, @05:58AM (#98442)
  • and why the ticket (that I just bought) does horrendously say "HEADLINER:MUSE"?
    and also, why does it not even mention Morrissey?
    Anonymous -- Thursday April 29 2004, @02:35AM (#98760)
  • I thought Morrissey was anti-meat. I am surprised he would play at a place named Bologna.
    Anonymous -- Thursday April 29 2004, @07:45AM (#98789)

[ home | terms of service ]