posted by davidt on Thursday April 22 2004, @09:00AM
Stan writes:

There's surely no classier magazine in the UK as Nuts and Morrissey features in this week's edition (23-29th April).

In the review section, a column called 'What The Expert's Say' is this week - 'This Weeks 10 Best CD's According To NME Magazine'

1. Irish Blood, English Heart - Morrissey. "The Mozfather's best solo LP since Vauxhall and I"

Good press, if glaringly inaccurate. I'm not sure if they meant to say You Are The Quarry, as all the others in the list are albums.

At the top of this list there's the tommy-gun picture with the odd tag line "I got the suit to match it'.

We'll forgive them the inaccuracy, Nuts is a very mainstream and popular magazine and to see Moz at No.1 is quite surreal. Sanctuary are really doing the business.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Ironic that Morrissey is in "Nuts"?
    Anonymous -- Thursday April 22 2004, @09:14AM (#96977)
  • oh great. so its better than maladjusted and southpaw then!
    Anonymous -- Thursday April 22 2004, @09:36AM (#96983)
  • I think they are saying that the album is of a similar standard to Vaxhall and I, not merely that it is a bit better than Maladjusted and Southpaw. Yet more negativity prevails on this site!
    Anonymous -- Thursday April 22 2004, @10:32AM (#96998)
  • Britains other weekly mens mag "Zoo" features Morrissey as no.1 download of the week. Further proof that Moz is back in vogue.
    English Martyr -- Thursday April 22 2004, @10:52AM (#97006)
    (User #655 Info | http://website.lineone.net/~smilingontim/timstwin.htm)
    • Re:Nuts and Zoo by michael deacon (Score:1) Thursday April 22 2004, @03:25PM
  • Very nice of them to mention the album and to praise it, but rather bizarre, since besides the obvious mistake of incorrectly naming the album they also list it as one of "this week's essential CDs" three weeks before it is even due out. Moreover, correct me if I'm wrong, but NME have not yet reviewed the album nor used the words attributed to them! (Though I am 99% certain that they WILL give Quarry a good review)

Lazy journalism, methinks!
    Anonymous -- Thursday April 22 2004, @11:18AM (#97012)
  • I'm the Reviews Ed on Zoo, and I can tell you that not only is Moz in our downloads section but we'll be giving the single and album five stars each. Heard the album for the first time today and, as you've no doubt already heard a tedious number of times, it's the best thing he's done since Vauxhall And I. Loved First Of The Gang To Die every bit as much as I did the first time I heard it at the Albert Hall. Adore the man. See, not all us journo slags are "critics" who try to "break" him, etc...
    Anonymous -- Thursday April 22 2004, @03:31PM (#97098)
    • Come On! by DanielGaunt (Score:1) Friday April 23 2004, @02:04AM
      • Re:Come On! by michael deacon (Score:1) Friday April 23 2004, @03:34AM
        • Re:Come On! by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday April 23 2004, @04:43AM
          • Re:Come On! by michael deacon (Score:1) Friday April 23 2004, @06:35AM
            • Re:Come On! by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday April 23 2004, @09:57AM
  • Not related to morrissey, but am I the only person that thinks the 'nuts' ads are offensive to women? Like we cant do anything without a man,(the 'dont expect any help on a thursday' thing)and all women are idiots who cant hold a screwdriver.

:cough:
    Anonymous -- Friday April 23 2004, @02:30AM (#97186)
    • whadda "B" by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday April 23 2004, @07:29AM
      • Re:whadda "B" by Anonymous (Score:0) Sunday April 25 2004, @09:53AM
    • Re:unrelated by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday April 23 2004, @07:47AM

[ home | terms of service ]