posted by davidt on Wednesday April 21 2004, @10:00AM
Anonymous writes:

Go to www.eddireader.com...then the Guestbook..An April 19th entry from Eddi Reader tells of her encounter with Morrissey at an REM gig..she confirms he is a real sweetheart

The entry:

posted 19 April 2004 16:50 GMT
OOH aint it great to have morrisey come play to us again... I am going to the manchester show I hope..... maybe he'll invite me for a wander round a cemetery...... the closest I got was when I went to visit REM playing in hammersmith london and he was backstage... I knew micheal stipe and the band because when I was in The Gang of Four touring the states, REM supported us.... I adored them and every sound check I would be there drinking in all the luscious harmonics of the MURMUR album that they were promoting.... so life went on , I quit singing back up and joined up with london life, met mark nevin , had hits... had children etc... then REM started to impact over here in a big way... ORANGE CRUSH was the single... Micheal was telling me that a hit would be so good for them because it make everything easier... they were all really happy for me that I had had some success with Fairground Attraction.... Anyway Morrisey was backstage and I was starstruck .. there were so many other 'star' types around that night... so I stood on the sidelines...

During the show morrisey came to where I stood and asked why I was there.... I told him all about the Gang of Four and my connection with the boys in REM... then morrisey did something really sweet... he said that he wanted to see the band from the sound desk and would I help him through the crowd... so he took my hand and I walked him to the sound desk... he melted my heart... and for a little while he left some messages on my phone.. but no return number ... so I couldnt contact him back... I heard he did that with other people...... anyway... I like that little memory...he's a sweetheart.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

[ home | terms of service ]