posted by davidt on Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:15AM
sdsuedehead writes:

I was just looking at Mozzers artist page on VH1.com and they have the full video for IBEH !!! heres the link.

enjoy everyone. he looks mighty handsome I must say (swoon)
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
(1) | 2 (Morrissey-solo Overload: CommentLimit 50)
  • Fooking brill, tis!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:27AM (#96544)
  • So very happy Ani!!!

SIgned,
    Jar-JAr
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:28AM (#96545)
  • Boy Racer (Score:2, Insightful)

Same concept as the Boy Racer video.

But I like it very much.
    Maladjustedx -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:32AM (#96548)
    (User #10222 Info)
  • darn firewall at work won't let me access the vh1 website. i'll have to wait till i get home to watch it. arrgh!
    suededisco -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:33AM (#96549)
    (User #8691 Info)
  • Ah, breaking news.
    I clicked refresh and what a suprise I recieved.

Thank you.
    dallow_bg <[email protected]> -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:37AM (#96552)
    (User #10559 Info | http://www.dolefulorange.com/)
    "All the people I like are those that are dead."
  • He's looking really good, I must say... second recently only to the press photos on the morrisseymusic.com website.

Nice video...I sure as hell hope that he can squeak onto one of the Top 20 lists on MTV or VH1, because that's the only way to get airplay on those channels - unless you're down on the hip hop tip. (word.)

Thanks for the post, sdsuedehead! I'm in SD too!
    sazza -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:43AM (#96554)
    (User #9989 Info)
  • To follow up.

It looks very crisp and clear, certainly a lot better than most of the videos he's made.

He looks very good, as well as the bandmates.

Big-budget? I don't think so, but I like it.

I wonder, will it receive air time?
    dallow_bg <[email protected]> -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:45AM (#96555)
    (User #10559 Info | http://www.dolefulorange.com/)
    "All the people I like are those that are dead."
  • it's a decent video. sorry, won't elaborate :D
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:47AM (#96556)

• I did't care for the hue of picture ...then again, for me it's either vabriant technocolor or good ol' b&w ...

anycrap, the music video lived up to it's name of music video.

Steven, Boz, Alain, and Gary looked great.

Those kid's doing what looked like what appeared to be dancing ...ugh, it was not meant for the human eye...

Adding to a previous post, The Boy Racer was a much better video as it had a plot behind it (what plot? that was Spencer! natch!)

So, kudos to a new Morrissey music video, hopefully not the last.
    Davy_Havok -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:47AM (#96557)
    (User #3893 Info | http://blogawayla.com/)
  • Click here [aloneta.mine.nu] for the BT for the full ASF! :D Enjoy
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:51AM (#96560)
  • We can't always say that we *LOVE* what Morrissey creates. And I'm going to stop putting on a smiley face and simply agree with you guys by giving praise, because I do feel differently.

1) This video is awful - there's nothing going on here - no edge whatsoever.

2) Dye your hair brown Moz. Gray hair makes you look old. On the new album cover you don't have gray hair because they airbrushed it off...and that is a great photo of you. By contrast, the Spin photo showing your gray hair is not a flattering picture.

3) Stop wearing cheesy leisure suits.

4) I love the addition of the keyboard player.
    Belligerent Ghoul -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:58AM (#96564)
    (User #9224 Info)
    There is a light that never goes out...
    • Re:say what you mean & mean what you say by goodbye_a_go_go (Score:1) Tuesday April 20 2004, @02:46PM
    • 1) I agree that there's really no plot to the video, but does there have to be? I mean, I don't know about you, but just seeing Moz flailing that arm of his is enough entertainment for me! I liked the pace of the video; it seemed to move quickly in parts, and I liked that. It fit the indie-feel of the song.

2) I personally like Moz's grey hair. :/ I believe that a little age on a face adds character, humbleness, and beauty; and I feel the same way towards Morrissey's silver locks. It only makes him look more wise and daring, even more natural and kind.

3) Suits are sexy.

4) And I, too, love the addition of the keyboard player. How yum.
      Anonymous-shnonymous <[email protected]> -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @04:47PM (#96660)
      (User #6230 Info | http://opendiary.com/entrylist.asp?authorcode=A128747)
      Anything is hard to find when you will not open your eyes.
    • Hair dye? by Anonymous (Score:1) Tuesday April 20 2004, @05:21PM
      • Re:Hair dye? by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday April 21 2004, @05:26AM
        • Re:Hair dye? by NIcky's Cousin (Score:1) Wednesday April 21 2004, @06:12AM
    • distinguished by tibby (Score:1) Tuesday April 20 2004, @06:59PM
      • Re:distinguished by InterestingDruggie (Score:1) Tuesday April 20 2004, @08:45PM
  • No plot, but who cares. The man looks great. Love the song and I don't mind the leisure suits.

Thanks for the post suedhead!! I'm in SD too.
    cbmoz -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @12:03PM (#96565)
    (User #10445 Info)
  • at least moz is thin (gary too for that matter)

deano looks cool with his haircut

kind of a boring video, but at least its not november spawned a monster with him gyrating in the desert and humping rocks
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @12:10PM (#96567)
  • too many shots of the new keyboard player - why is he so important all of a sudden?

those "fans" dancing in the background look ridiculous

the only decent bit is the end with all the frenxied cuts in time with the music
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @12:12PM (#96568)
  • i'm having trouble getting it to play. what are the system requirements for it?
    leedoggpimp <[email protected]> -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @12:34PM (#96571)
    (User #2789 Info | http://www.morrisseymusic.com/)
    True friends stab you in the front.
  • i liked the video and moz looks fantastic as do the guys

thanx for the link
    mars -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @12:41PM (#96574)
    (User #4290 Info)
  • It's the kind of thing that'll sit nicely amongst the tracks they generally air on channels like MTV2, VH2 and Q over here in the UK.

To be honest, many of his vids have been pretty awful, and although it's clearly been made on a shoestring this looks far more professional than the likes of Sunny or We Hate It When Our Friends...

Incidentally, a mate of mine had a great idea about him filming the vid on Finsbury Park to make a visual reference to the whole Madstock farrago, but I suppose that was asking a bit much.
    lutewhine -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @12:59PM (#96579)
    (User #10051 Info)
  • looks like Morrissey is performing in the basement of a frat house.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @01:00PM (#96580)
    • Re:Frat Party by gary4me (Score:1) Tuesday April 20 2004, @01:10PM
  • Were they are playing looks a loyt like that basement in fight club. I am shocked to see how good Moz looks, in candid photos he looks like a nice old grandpa. Gary looks good, as for Boz and Alain two words trimspa baby.But anyway it looks cool just too short of a video, there should be like a little film in the beginning like Thriller.
    JAMSDEAN -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @01:11PM (#96584)
    (User #8167 Info)
  • The "behind the scenes footage" looked better and was more interesting.
    nonesoever -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @01:24PM (#96587)
    (User #8448 Info)
    "... turn popular song into sickness"
  • Well it looks like all of the budget was allocated to publicity and promotions since this could be the cheapest video I've ever seen. A visual artist such as Morrissey should take a more interested role in his videos if he wants them to be seen. He can't possibly expect this to receive but the briefest of airplay. Sorry Moz but even a cliched concert video would've been more interesting than this drivel.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @02:03PM (#96601)
  • Great song, boring video.
    opaeque -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @02:04PM (#96603)
    (User #9954 Info)
  • Moz and Bush (Score:1, Offtopic)

Morrissey is beginning to look a bit more like George W. in his older age. This new single is a bit pretentious, Dean-o (even with the mohawk) is still a boring drummer.

This saddens me.

Viva Sparks!
    fuckfase -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @02:20PM (#96608)
    (User #4299 Info)
  • Don't you think that when Morrissey sings "FOREVER" he kinda looks like Sean Penn?
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @02:26PM (#96611)
    • nope by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday April 20 2004, @02:53PM
      • Re:nope by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday April 20 2004, @03:08PM
  • What the hell was that?!?

That is certainly not the comeback video I was expecting. When I saw the latest Blink 182 video I was hopeful Finn would suggest somethat similar for Morrissey. A little more dark & gritty with un-related but nice to look at imagery between shots of the band.

No such luck.

If it was still April 1st I'd swear this was a practical joke. The "fans" in the background with their head-nodding actually make this video painful to watch. This could be the worst video since 'Certain People I Know'. Ugh.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @02:55PM (#96621)
  • Thank god everyone feels the same as me! What a complete piece of shit, embarrassing.

And I just LOVE the bit singing 'standing by the flag not feeling shameful' with him standing in some room in California surrounded by american teenies. Doesn't he realise how completely foolish that makes him look? If you're gonna comment on English heart and slate English history and politics (which is fine) at least do it in England and not the most shallow state in the US. Fucks sake!

Sickened...

GD
    Northern Bird -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @03:18PM (#96629)
    (User #4363 Info)
    no longer drowning...
    • Re:Oh dear by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday April 20 2004, @04:57PM
    • Re:Oh dear by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday April 20 2004, @06:16PM
      • Re:Oh dear by chrisarclark (Score:1) Tuesday April 20 2004, @07:34PM
      • Re:Oh dear by Northern Bird (Score:1) Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:56PM
      • Re:Oh dear by rallen (Score:1) Wednesday April 21 2004, @04:51AM
    • Re:Oh dear by Celibate Cry (Score:1) Tuesday April 20 2004, @10:56PM
  • but its something. if they didnt want to do a concept, and they didnt want to spend hardly any money on set and extras than they shoulda juste used footage from his performance at Albert Hall- that woulda made a great video.
    chrisarclark <[email protected]> -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @03:26PM (#96633)
    (User #9259 Info)
    "I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
  • Looking forward to a great video - boring tat, shot in 2 hours at most. Desperate. Also, the woman sat down at the front near the start of the video can't even be arsed listening - she just wants to talk to her friend. Was she there whilst she waited for the hairdresser to open?

Also, don't you think that Moz, Boz and Alain are looking a bit podgy (Boz especially). Morrissey certainly looks far more rotund than in the publicity photos.
    kimbo -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @03:27PM (#96635)
    (User #8993 Info)
  • It's fine for what it is.
    He looks good, nice jacket, so does Gary.
    No Ice cream cones or chocolate bars but it'll do.
    ScottyK -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @03:37PM (#96638)
    (User #7165 Info)
    Meet me in the alley
  • At least that video was better than the crappy/boring Anaheim concert last Sunday.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @03:43PM (#96640)
  • I agree. That video was like a D+.
    Where as the Anaheim show failed completely with an F.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @03:47PM (#96645)
  • You ungreatfull pieces of shit!! Spare me with your comments of how the video was boring, its a freaking video, I rather see the band play the whole time than these making the video crap on mtv which are directed by nerdish fat (or skinny) guys from middle amrica that dont know shit! get some imagination, Its great and I loved it and I will see him in concert on friday in beutiful sunny california! in the words of dave chappelle "Im rich biaaatch!"
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @04:17PM (#96653)
  • That video is so lame it made me laugh. Sometimes you have to wonder if Morrissey is thinking at all. I mean, who thought that was a good idea for a video? And who looked at the finished product and thought it was good? I really hope he didn't pay more than $10 for its production. Geesh.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @04:20PM (#96655)
  • I agree that the video is in some regards disappointing. The earlier comment about how ludicrous it is to be singing about ‘standing by the flag’ as a bunch of American teens nod their heads rung true with me. It’s certainly not the ‘big budget’, video we were promised either. That said Morrissey hardly has a history of amazing video’s to compliment his songs. At least he is actually featured singing in this video and it possibly has more appeal to ‘the masses’, being that Morrissey appears to be trying to widen his appeal of late.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @04:41PM (#96658)
    • Re:video by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday April 20 2004, @05:07PM
  • Video Stuff (Score:1, Informative)

In regards to some of the questions brought up about the video, extras, etc. For one, the reason everyone looks bored/half into it is because that was the direction we were given. It was suppost to be a rehearsal and we were suppost to the Mozzers cohorts/friends. Secondly, apparently scenes from the Tom Hanks/Coen Brother's recent film "The Ladykillers" were shot on the same set, which was an abandoned mattress warehouse. That said, the direction and concept for this video were vague and given the fact that I am in the video and was there for the production of it, I still find this video kind of boring, although Mozzers performance is very captivating. Despite this, I believe the video will receive play on alternative video networks (M2, etc.) because many of the videos on those networks are quite similar in budget and concept and at about the same level of mediocrity. Also, the video was shot (Cinematography) by the guy who shot the Losing My Religion video with Tarsem (Paul Lafer), and went on to shoot Tarsem's debut feature, the poorly received "The Cell" with Jennifer Lopez and Vincent D'onofrio. Don't know if this has been addressed in earlier posts, but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @05:01PM (#96662)
  • Did anyone notice that Mr. Day received nearly the half of vid time as old Mozzer? I can't resist those tats crawling up out of his collar either. I think on the whole it's a class video -- but damn I took a moment to watch the new Prince 'Musicology' video while I was there -- and I mean DAMN why couldn't the Morrisseys have gone all that way -- The bit where he whipes his silk hanky on his glistening lips and tosses it to the crowd after dismissing all the pretending ganstas - that is fucking IT! Go have a looksy, tell me you aren't wishing it wasn't a Moz joint. The concept is perfect for him: little 10 year old kid listening to his 45, freaking out in his room, while stylish popstar heats up the room in an old school theater as the crowd throws down - a budget well spent.

- Finn

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/prince/artist.jhtml
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @05:08PM (#96664)
  • Oh... my god.. he looks sooooo good...and so does the rest of the guys!~!

Im excited..cannot wait until the album hits!

xoxo
    Mozluv
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @05:18PM (#96668)
    • Re:~Loved IT~ by MozerGirl (Score:1) Tuesday April 20 2004, @08:31PM
  • Does anyone notice it's just The Man & his band standing in a room that looks like an unfinished set for someone elses video ? We've been waiting for a new video for a LONG TIME and this is what we get ? His early "Top of the Pops" lip synchs are more exiting ! At least ALMA MATTERS had him throwing milk, and BOY RACER had a car... That's something.... Right ? He's never had a great video, but this... I beleive is the worst. To say the least I'm truly disappointed.
    Micropenis -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @06:27PM (#96686)
    (User #10753 Info)
  • IBEH Video (Score:1, Informative)

The video is available at
    http://www.mozfan.com [mozfan.com] as an mpeg which doesn't necessarily need to use WM9.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @07:02PM (#96692)
  • The song is good and full of energy, but this video has absolutely nothing to offer. He looks handsome and all, but i´d rather look at Brittney in Toxic.

Maybe he´s just warming up...
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @07:58PM (#96704)
  • I mean, I like the song and I love the samples of Camden and Wouldn't Last, but this video is awful. What's the point of it all? Morrissey looks fat with terrible, cringe-worthy moves. The audience looks like they were picked out just to be "hip" (mostly looking rather poseurish, actually), just bad. I think this video will win Morrissey more detractors than new fans. Maybe rotation on VH1? Can't see it being played on MTV, though that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Though he hated the "How Soon is Now?" video, I think it's probably the best video he's ever done. Please Morrissey, find another Derek Jarman and make something interesting to look at, like "There is a Light That Never Goes Out" or "Panic". Or something as novel as shooting a TV image as in "Sheila Takes a Bow", something that connects emotionally and isn't just a mimed performance clip.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @08:25PM (#96705)
  • Wow. The album cover looks great. I sense a bit of danger within him. Love his hair darkened.

Curiously exciting and disturbing, Morrissey holding a gun. Also slightly arousing.

I can't wait to buy it. "America you are not the world" sounds intese.

My computer is crap so the new video is only slightly visible. Song sounds great though, very well produced. Ahhhhhh, Morrissey, what can I say. You are most gifted.

Good night all, I'll have sweet dreams for sure!
    InterestingDruggie -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @08:40PM (#96710)
    (User #9368 Info)
  • Has anyone noticed how much negativity has been said about Morrissey's shows, his lack of energy, his wardrobe, his weight, and NOW his first video from this upcoming album?!?!

God, what is it? Can someone please explain why this is?

I for one am so glad and just thankful for Morrissey's decision to come out of his shell with brand new material for us to listen to. I'm thankful that he decided to tour in both the UK and the US. I'm thankful that he still puts on a great show...be thankful that he hasn't learned guitar and sits on stage singing while playing the guitar. I'm also thankful that he put out a video. No matter what you guys think, the video for IBEH pretty good. If you are unsatisfied with the video, go talk shit about the director of the video...don't take it out on Morrissey. That's just silly.

Morrissey is trying to do something different, not like anything in the past, so why expect another "typical Morrissey video"? Let him experiment, let him express himself. If this video was the direction he thought was best, then don't bash on him.

That's all I wanted to say.
    MozerGirl -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @09:24PM (#96718)
    (User #10738 Info)
    "All the good things in life are immoral, illegal, or heavily taxed." - Oscar Wilde
  • I have to agree that video is pretty bland and cheesy. I think the fans reaction looks very dull and boring. The nodding your head thing is something a first time morrissey listener would do. If i was stuck in a room with Morrissey, i'd be dancing my legs to the bone. I also noticed that there weren't any latino fans which sort of pissed me off since alot of Morrissey's fanbase is hispanic.
    leedoggpimp <[email protected]> -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @10:03PM (#96722)
    (User #2789 Info | http://www.morrisseymusic.com/)
    True friends stab you in the front.
    • Re:the video by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:11PM
    • Re:the video by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:13PM
      • Re:the video by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:19PM
        • Re:the video by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday April 21 2004, @09:57AM
  • blah blah blah.

I'll say what has been said a billion if not a zillion times...

Boring.

Yes, I got a lil' excited when Moz whipped the chord around towards the end. But come now. If it was meant to be "rehearselesque" they could have mentioned something @ the beginning showing the boys talking etc. Also, they should've shown people walking out. If the purpose was to look bored, than that would've added to the video and Moz's cynicism.
    LeJentle -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @10:43PM (#96725)
    (User #9846 Info | http://public.fotki.com/LeJentle)
  • will definately not be nominated for the MTV
    video awards
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:00PM (#96728)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries
    • Re:this video by Dabb-Hands (Score:1) Tuesday April 20 2004, @11:20PM
  • .....the McDonalds ad appears in the screen next to the Realplayer window. Nice touch VH1!
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 21 2004, @12:25AM (#96736)
  • why not a live video, they performed the song in
    the 2002 tour.

it's just the production/ video company who
    could've done a lot more with this song.
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Wednesday April 21 2004, @01:04AM (#96739)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries
  • Mozzergirl, you are obviously one of these fans who cannot bear to say anything negative about Morrissey ever - and therefore must claim everything he does to be at least "quite good". Your attempts to say that he is exploring a new direction with this video were a bit laughable - no offence! Well, I haven't seen the video, but the descriptions of it are enough to tell me it's hardly innovative! If it is as bad as people are saying, well, that's a shame, and will indeed incur some degree of contempt from the uninitiated VH1 viewer.

That said, I couldn't give a monkeys about the video - I don't care if I never see it! It is the MUSIC which is far and away the most important thing for me, and it looks like much of this will be superb. True, Morrissey has never made a great video, November's video now looks fairly abysmal -but then i believe The Smiths at least were never that keen on videos anyway, and i wouldn't be remotely bothered if there was no video. In fact, from the descriptions so far, I think I'd prefer it! (This does NOT mean that I don't want Moz's new album to do well, i would be very happy for him to reach a wider audience but by these means he might put them off!).

Low budget is only an excuse to a degree since REM, prior to hitting big, made videos which were at least fairly arty and therefore a bit more interesting. The 'Nightswimming' (yes, from after they hit big I know, but read on) video didn't look like it required a huge budget but was pretty decent, while 'Losing My Religion' (made before the song was a hit) is quite avant-garde and 'Orange Crush' also. If Morrissey is to make a low-budget video, I'd much rather it be in this vein, or, as someone said, concert footage, which would be more respectable.

That said, I love much of Morrissey's work and believe that the new album will be excellent.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday April 21 2004, @01:36AM (#96743)
  • Let me preface this by saying that I haven't seen the video, since my technology isn't up to snuff, but reading all these posts I can get a pretty clear idea.

It seems that the problem is that Morrissey's art is missing from the vid. He's always been unique in that he is an artist with amazing lyrical ability, but also a great sense of visual style. His sleeves are always fantastic (ok except Malajusted)and even though his videos can be perplexing they are usually pretty cool.

I think where Morrissey runs into problems is when he lets other people take too much control. Moz leaves very prominent "fingerprints" on everything he does, and those seem to be missing here. One wonders how much input he actually bothered with on this video. Same as with the websites, they don't seem to have anything to do with Moz. With so much riding on this comeback, you'd think he'd crack the whip a bit more. But I don't know, maybe he's bogged down in paperwork for Meltdown.
    Susan Vance -- Wednesday April 21 2004, @01:45AM (#96746)
    (User #10744 Info)
    "Johnny, don't point that gun at me, there's so many ways our lives have changed, but please I beg don't do this to me"
(1) | 2 (Morrissey-solo Overload: CommentLimit 50)

[ home | terms of service ]