posted by davidt on Tuesday April 20 2004, @02:00AM
Sakura writes:

Canadian music station MuchMoreMusic's progam "Listed" for the week of April 19th listed the top 20 gay icons in music. While Madonna topped at number one Morrissey was listed at number eleven. Others on the list included Elton John, Freddie Mercury, Cher and Frankie Goes to Hollywood. I was not able to remember the whole list in order but the program is being repeated Tuesday April 20th at 6pm and 9pm and again on April 21st at 12am on MuchMoreMusic. Check local listing for channel. The complete list is updated each week at http://www.muchmoremusic.com/listed/
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • let me see how many ican remember [cant be sure of the order so ill juste go alphabetical]:

David Bowie
    Cher
    Culture Club/Boy George
    Frankie Goes To Hollywood
    Elton John
    k.d. lang
    Madonna
    Ricky Martin
    Freddy Mercury
    Kylie Minogue?[don't remember her being listed, but she likely made it]
    Morrissey
    RuPaul
    Michael Stipe?[can't remember him being named but he must have been, right?]
    Barbara Streistand
    tAtU
    Wham!/George Michael?[im pretty sure]

thats all ican seem to recal [or make up] rightnow. Moz shoulda been higher, but whatcanyoudo?
    chrisarclark <[email protected]> -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @02:47AM (#96435)
    (User #9259 Info)
    "I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
  • Gay,
    I never knew Morrissey was gay???
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @05:27PM (#96673)
  • just caught the end again, caught a few more names when they rattled off the list:

David Bowie [?]
    Cher [3]
    Devine [19]
    Diva A-List [Barbara Streistand was one][6]
    Frankie Goes To Hollywood [18]
    Boy George [9]
    Joan Jett [13]
    Elton John [2]
    k.d. lang [8]
    Madonna [1]
    Ricky Martin [?]
    Freddy Mercury [4]
    George Michael [10]
    Morrissey [11]
    Pet Shop Boys [17]
    RuPaul [?]
    Donna Summer [16]
    tAtU [20]
    The Village People [7]

hmph! who the hell am inot remembering? iwas shocked to hear Stipe wasnt in there- iclearly remember him not being there which is why ilikely missed one. ah well.
    chrisarclark <[email protected]> -- Tuesday April 20 2004, @07:20PM (#96697)
    (User #9259 Info)
    "I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."

[ home | terms of service ]