posted by davidt on Friday April 16 2004, @10:00PM
John, England writes:

Jack Dee, perhaps currently Britain's most successful and possibly funniest comedian has been hosting 'Top Of The Pops Two' this week.

He introduced a piece of footage showing Nirvana play Teen Spirit where he said Cobain appeared to be impersonating Morrissey which proved to be pretty convincing.

Then on tonight's show he actually played 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable' which he introduced by saying:

"Now the Smiths were a band that I decided resolutely not to get into at the time really because the people that followed the Smiths were just so irritating. I worked a lot with Sean Hughes at the time and he was always going on about their lyrics and had good they were and how wonderful Morrissey was and I just thought 'oh shut up'. Well, years and years later I came to appreciate the Smiths and realise now that Sean was right and I was wrong. Well Sean, if you’re watching, here it is"
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

[ home | terms of service ]