posted by davidt on Friday April 16 2004, @10:00PM
Jake Simpleton writes:

Just dropping a quick word to let you know Morrissey's Official Site is now up. It's pretty cool and it will take time. Still doesn't compare to the ole' morrissey-solo.com though.
---
Amy also writes:

MorrisseyMusic. com has been completly updated! It now has streaming audio and photos from the video shoot!
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • That site still pales in comparison to davidt's. Not sure why it's needed.
    Lon -- Friday April 16 2004, @10:14PM (#95830)
    (User #121 Info)
  • Thanx again David for giving us a place to go since 1997- and we will keep coming here because whatever happens, we love you ;^)

Best,

Jay "Some Totally Random Moz Fan"
    I'm really just Some Totally Random Moz Fan
  • Deano (with the exception of the 'hawk) is beginning to look like me!

All joking aside, I agree with the above posts. This is and always will be the *official* site of Morrissey. The contribution of the fans and most importantly, T-Dave, has made this site the true place for all of us. Still, no need to put the other site down. It will be cool. But if you want the real news/updates on our Moz, this is still the place to come.
    Jim Rome -- Friday April 16 2004, @10:51PM (#95838)
    (User #720 Info | http://www.jimrome.com/)
    ...and how?
  • the audio stream [high, got cable] s*cks both
    on realplayer and windowsmediaplyer

it doesn't matter have the song already, but's
    really anoying, with a such a great song
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Friday April 16 2004, @11:03PM (#95842)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries
    • 3rd test by Celibate Cry (Score:1) Friday April 16 2004, @11:22PM
      • Re:3rd test by nonesoever (Score:1) Saturday April 17 2004, @04:50AM
  • News just in... (Score:0, Redundant)

Thought you'd like to know that Moz has FINALLY signed a new record deal! At long last - truly great news! The deal is with Sanctuary and they have re-launched the 'Attack' label for him. The new album will be out sometime this year and will probably include the osngs debuted on his 2002 tour. Watch this sapce for more details.
    gonzo -- Saturday April 17 2004, @12:01AM (#95846)
    (User #335 Info)
    Scene, but not herd
  • you know not only am I a fan of moz but of davidt for continuing his efforts with this site-he doesn't have to but does....
    it will always be the cnn of moz land-no other site even with the OFFICIAL title will hold a torch to this site....
    a bullied child -- Saturday April 17 2004, @12:11AM (#95847)
    (User #4166 Info)
    FAMOUS WHEN published, in other words, WHEN DEAD.
  • Thanks for the memories David T.

LOL! I'm kidding.
    Anonymous -- Saturday April 17 2004, @01:39AM (#95850)
  • It's always nice to finally have an official Morrissey site but davidt's will always be better, thanks to rabid fans coming up with the most inane bits of information and a whole lot of rumour-mongering.
    Ramon -- Saturday April 17 2004, @02:01AM (#95852)
    (User #2577 Info)
    "I'm all over you...like a vulture, like impending death"
  • Well we have two different sites, not comparable: this is OUR site, while that's the place where we'll find official stuff. I don't think we'll have so many detailed reports from the shows like we've had (and we're going to have) here. I'll be visiting both. The pics are stunning though.
    Anonymous -- Saturday April 17 2004, @02:29AM (#95853)
  • I don't understand (Score:2, Insightful)

Why are people saying goodbye to this site? This site is always going to be better than the official one - more news will appear much more quickly here than on the other.

Can I also say one thing about the single. It's good, but not his best. I'm sure that there is better stuff on the full album (eg I Like You). This is to the same standard as many of the singles from the previous two albums, but people are going mad for it this time. Never underestimate marketing.
    kimbo -- Saturday April 17 2004, @02:41AM (#95854)
    (User #8993 Info)
  • I am no audiophile but the sound of Irish Blood is much better on the official site than it was on KROQ. There is a twang at the 8 second mark that Kevin or Bean (I can't tell them apart) spoke over, you can actually hear the drums, apprise the subtle bass line, sense the tempo, feel the pace, Moz's voice is clearer and you can appreciate his enunciation better, and the space age sound effects are more pronounced as well.
    Belligerent Ghoul -- Saturday April 17 2004, @02:57AM (#95856)
    (User #9224 Info)
    There is a light that never goes out...
    • right by Celibate Cry (Score:1) Saturday April 17 2004, @03:09AM
      • Re:right by nonesoever (Score:1) Saturday April 17 2004, @04:46AM
        • Re:right by Anonymous (Score:0) Saturday April 17 2004, @08:33AM
      • Re:right by ranierimustgo! (Score:1) Saturday April 17 2004, @12:50PM
  • to be frank - I don't like it at all - its souless - it may as well be a Justin Timberlake site, just change a few pics, I know the company need to follow this path and if it helps to support both artist and merchandise ( well - we know it will ) then thats fine - in a funny kinda way I think that there's a little too much information - I prefer the 'comunity' related sites like this one that are done for love not money.

I may pop in now and then - but I think I'll stick with Morrissey-solo.

cheers David.
    Brighton Rich -- Saturday April 17 2004, @03:11AM (#95858)
    (User #8270 Info)
  • Insight On the Sites (Score:3, Interesting)

Morrisseymusic.com is still a rather spiritless site. It has nothing on Morrissey-Solo, and probably never will. This place has history and character, and that's not something you can acquire over night and in a haphazard way, and sadly, it appears as though Morrisseymusic is indeed fishing blindly for for an add-water-and-stir core.

No doubt it will be first with alot of news and will get name dropped more frequently, but still, that doesn't mean that it'll have a soul.

Hell, it may even work out for the best. If all the unemployed and mean-spirited flap ear'd ner-do-wells leave here for there, this site can go back to its eartswhile roots and once again become a warm and intelligent place full of civilized people with interesting insight.

Yes, chances are, it will all work out for the best.

Viva Solo!
    haze <[email protected]> -- Saturday April 17 2004, @04:01AM (#95864)
    (User #1115 Info)
    myspace.com/deathwrites
  • There's no link to morrissey-solo in the Links section. Not very nice.
    nonesoever -- Saturday April 17 2004, @04:22AM (#95865)
    (User #8448 Info)
    "... turn popular song into sickness"
  • And it will stay here at the behest of DavidT and the regular visitors...

The new official site will be more like the "who's this Morrissey guy" site for people with T1 connections to the internet - jeez it's slow as fcuk with an ordinary connection.
    Nice eye candy, but for soul candy it has to be here....
    GreatGael -- Saturday April 17 2004, @04:44AM (#95867)
    (User #10200 Info)
    "I understood it with the eyes, never with thinking...using that would be to find them all equal"
  • Just happy to see your site up an running. Love you so much
    x
    Reg Kray -- Saturday April 17 2004, @05:45AM (#95872)
    (User #8237 Info)
  • Anyone else having problems registering eventhough it seems aware of you?
    Anonymous -- Saturday April 17 2004, @05:54AM (#95873)
  • Forum registration:

"SCRIPT ERROR!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There was an error in processing your request.
    Following is the error message:

* System Message: Unknown error
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please notify the administrator of this site.

Thank you."
    Stanley -- Saturday April 17 2004, @06:35AM (#95876)
    (User #77 Info)
    "You have a lot to unlearn." (pre-fame Morrissey to penpal)
  • ...my name is listed on the "check who's online"-site. Didn't get an e-mail with my password, though (see error-alert above). Just wondering now if my name is now given away and I can't use it or if the e-mail someday will arrive...
    Starts off good if we have to communicate about these problems on DAVID's site!
    Stanley -- Saturday April 17 2004, @06:44AM (#95877)
    (User #77 Info)
    "You have a lot to unlearn." (pre-fame Morrissey to penpal)
  • I love the fact that three out of four links on the morrisseymusic linkpage are to animal rights/veg-sites. Though there really should be a link to this page as well.

This page still has the history, the people and the better design. Thank you David, and keep up the good work - it is appericated!
    Anonymous -- Saturday April 17 2004, @06:49AM (#95878)
  • We can never forget the long, very long, wilderness years, where David gave us, and still gives us, a place to call home. There were many times I thought about ditching the internet altogether, but for morrissey-solo.com I always kept some sort of account going.

I'll enjoy what I assume will be a moderated msg. board over there, but this site will always be the one. The only thing that would really make the official site is for them to publish Morrissey missives, of course sent by fax to the web sites office then scanned in and posted as a Jpeg!

Since '97, Thank You David T!!
    king leer -- Saturday April 17 2004, @08:42AM (#95887)
    (User #80 Info)
  • If only the Moz himself could learn the basics of website design...

At least that way we could have the Maelstromic-Moz add a personal feel to the procedings.
    Pauly GP -- Saturday April 17 2004, @09:35AM (#95893)
    (User #9900 Info | http://www.livejournal.com/users/pauly_gp/)
    There's no-one sicker than the Pauly GP
  • The site is cool but the guy who made it is a loser supreme. If you look at his portfolio at www.emptyflower.com you can see he has done other sites like Join Arnold for Schwatzenazi's campaign for the Governor of California. Sad. If he was willing to whore out his talent for the far right why would Morrissey choose to let him do his site. He must not have known but I can't see how he couldn't have. What's next is Donald Rumsfeld designing the tour shirts?

No disrespect to Moz of course.
    MOZ IS GOD -- Saturday April 17 2004, @10:35AM (#95900)
    (User #3249 Info | http://www.myspace.com/coldwarspies)
  • Just a heads-up...I pre-ordered my Morrissey (DVD Gatefold and both import singles) on April 2nd and my total was $45.96. I went back out yesterday and the same items (with price drop) totalled $39.32. That's almost the price of lunch! I cancelled the first order and placed it again. I dunno if it will negatively impact my shipping date, but the $6.64 difference is worth it for me. Amazon was not going to automatically apply the price break BTW...even though these were still in pre-order status. Cheers!
    alainsane -- Saturday April 17 2004, @11:15AM (#95912)
    (User #460 Info)
  • Hey David,

The new Moz site looks good but like everyone else has said, it doesn't touch Morrissey-Solo. Keep up the great work.

Maribel
    ladymoz -- Saturday April 17 2004, @11:31AM (#95913)
    (User #154 Info)
  • Firstly, I was disappointed to see that Moz left out his entire Smiths catalogue from the discography section. Why I have no clue?
    Second, a question: The single that's selling for 6.49...does that include all 3 B-sides? Or am I forced to buy part 1 and 2.
    Fence -- Saturday April 17 2004, @11:53AM (#95914)
    (User #1034 Info)
    Heel in the back, size 13
  • well... (Score:2, Insightful)

david- don't stop moving suddenly or you'll be prying 50 or so moz-solo users out of your ass! you people MUST be joking! this site is great and has been the #1 source for moz news for a mighty long time and i'm certain david will carry on since it seems like a passion of his. all that is well and good but an official site is clearly going to be better (at least from an info standpoint). someone earlier posted that morrissey solo will still be the first to report the news! are you serious??? most of the important stories of the last month or so were reported on the sanctuary site and re-reported here (look it up before you reply). it's as though you are all turning on sanctuary now saying things about how awful the site is and how you can't believe they didn't adopt this as the official site! how soon we forget... this is the label that is bringing you the first new morrissey record in 7 years! this is the label that is promoting the living shit out of the new record! lighten up. i will obviously still be at moz-solo everyday but i must admit the official site will be my first stop. how could it not be? keep up the good work david.
    VIVAMOZ <[email protected]> -- Saturday April 17 2004, @02:45PM (#95924)
    (User #184 Info | http://www.cato.org/)
    blame me! i didn't vote!
  • this site is great and is probably the most up to date site on the internet relating to any artist. i like this site because as soon as something happens with morrissey we don't have to wait for weeks to hear about it. it's great to have an "official morrissey site" but this is by far the best one out there.
    leedoggpimp <[email protected]> -- Saturday April 17 2004, @10:35PM (#95949)
    (User #2789 Info | http://www.morrisseymusic.com/)
    True friends stab you in the front.
    • Re:davey boy by Dutchie (Score:1) Sunday April 18 2004, @02:14PM
  • An official site just can't be uninteresting for Morrissey-solo users as well as for other fans.

Itis even a greater sign for Morrissey in terms of PR and management for it's showing the good will and long-term strategy of Sanctuary (versus anything that previously happened). I'm working in the communication business and the construction of such a site should mean : more communication, more press, more reactivity and more consistency. If well-used, this site will become the official channel for most Morrissey official news. It does mean one major thing : Sanctuary does care about the development of Morrissey's audience and is able to finance and develop a strategy around the required tools, which is something pretty new to him ! The results are quickly showing and we all can see it : Morrissey never ever got so much press worldwide, even in the Smiths days.

On the other hand, Morrissey-solo (which was til now the main channel through which the info could pass) can't be redundant because there are so many things an official site won't talk about : the former Smiths members news, the parties, the tribute bands, the true and false rumours around Morrissey (Is David Neckham cheating Victoria with Moz ?) etc... With time, Morrissey-solo has become more than just a fan site, it's also a very well-informed network that provides major real-time unfiltred raw information to the happy fews so I won't worry about the future of the present site because both are just complementary.
    Retired Whore <[email protected]> -- Sunday April 18 2004, @10:14AM (#96057)
    (User #3238 Info)
    Sweet F.A.
  • ... the design indeed lacks of soul, the graphics are poor, common, it could've been anybody's site. I went to the designer's site and the guy (despite his experience in web graphics) is obviously not very aware of the "tone & voice" of Morrissey or how it should look like in order to reflect his music and philosophy. It's miles away from the elegance and warmth we could expect from Morrissey's "home". Too bad, record companies often forget that websites are nowadays the main window for most artists and they just neglect to keep it nice and tidy in order to welcome visitors. Next time, I hope they'll contact my company instead, I will do it for free ;-)
    Retired Whore <[email protected]> -- Sunday April 18 2004, @10:22AM (#96058)
    (User #3238 Info)
    Sweet F.A.
  • The only bad thing about the official Moz site, is that if you can no longer just type "mor" or something into your browser to get "morrissey-solo.com" to come up, cos it brings up "morrisseymusic.com" instead! You now have to type "morrissey-s" or something! D'oh.
    Stu Walsh -- Monday April 19 2004, @02:13AM (#96219)
    (User #2312 Info)
  • if they'd had a link to this site, we have been keeping the Moz embers burning all this time so an acknowledgement wouldn't hurt. I like the new site but I certainly wouldn't leave this one cos it has the best gossip.
    MyMelody -- Monday April 19 2004, @07:13AM (#96245)
    (User #2329 Info | http://lightupvirginmary.blogspot.com/)
    ...don't make fun of me later... cos I'm just lost...
  • there is a message board and there is but one single post.
    leedoggpimp <[email protected]> -- Monday April 19 2004, @07:52PM (#96362)
    (User #2789 Info | http://www.morrisseymusic.com/)
    True friends stab you in the front.

[ home | terms of service ]