posted by davidt on Tuesday April 13 2004, @09:30AM
Henry Higgins writes:

It seems Morrissey is becoming quite the Mr Popular, having made his way along with snails, brooches, superclubs and chummies ( friendly kisses), onto the "going up" section of the Times Style magazine's "whats hot and whats not".

This column on page 7 on this Sunday Times sports a picture of Morrissey himself next to the short message:

" The King of Misery returns.
        Genius if you're a fan.
        Less if your not"

This is great publicity for Moz, but will it increase the number of glory hunter fans(highlighted in the recent poll) if being a fan is seen as a "cool" thing, along with wearing antique brooches, to do?

---
Venus de Mile End also writes:

This snippet is from The Sunday Times supplementary magazine, Style.

They have a vintage pic of Moz in full-throttle warble on the 'Going Up' end of their barometer of what is hot and not.

The comment reads: "The King of Misery returns. Genius if you're a fan. Less so if you're not."
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • from Richard Higgins Martin Henry?
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 13 2004, @10:49AM (#95164)
  • Why Why Why, do people have to associate bands with popularity contest and fads! It is obscene and disgusting, some people have no lives to live and just suck off of the brighter lives other people. Why can everyone just have and mind of their own. Just shows what a was 3/4ths of the American population is PLASTIQUE! Just listen to the MUSIK or DIE FEELING PLASTIQUE!!
    TheMusikBox <[email protected]> -- Tuesday April 13 2004, @11:08AM (#95174)
    (User #10659 Info | http://www.geocities.com/musikboxsite)
    If You Like Morrissey.. Listen to Musik. : http://www.geocities.com/musikboxsite
  • Fortunately for me it's just a blurb in the Style section and so I don't have to feel even worse than I already do about not finding the Sunday Times at the store I normally buy it at on Tuesdays.

One question though: couldn't whoever wrote the blurb have thought of something a little more original than the terribly overdone King of Misery bit? Somebody wasn't doing their job very well...
    submission -- Tuesday April 13 2004, @12:29PM (#95195)
    (User #10606 Info)
  • i really hate people who like artists becuase they're "in style". I'm proud to be a morrissey fan, and only know a few other people who are genuine fans of his. its wierd, although he has a hug fanbase i never seem to meet anyone who really likes him. most people pass him off with the comment "oh, i like the smiths but his solo works a bit shit". and this is coming from people who have probably never actually listened to a whole solo album.

anyway im proud of being a genuine moz fan, and get really anoyed when people who have never acknoledged him before start saying "yer hes cool" just because they heard someone else say it. ARGH! really gets my goat.
    robhenson -- Tuesday April 13 2004, @04:01PM (#95253)
    (User #3344 Info | http://www.south-paw.tk/)

[ home | terms of service ]