posted by davidt on Tuesday April 13 2004, @09:30AM
Nine Times Fine writes:

Page 39 of today's New York Post dedicates almost an entire page to the ongoing (read: boring) Robert Smith Vs. Morrissey Feud.

Apparently, "Morrissey fans are less flamboyant [than Cure fans]. They're more bookish than vampire-like." So claims Marc Spitz from Spin Magazine anyway.

Of possible interest, the small inset photo of Morrissey looks like a still from the IBEH video shoot. I'm sure someone will manage to scan the whole thing in.

---
TrblLuvsMe also writes:

I guess the press is low on news, but then again this IS the NY Post, drudging up old gossip . . . if you get a copy of today's NY Post, there are photos of both Moz and Bob, but unfortunately the online edition has no photos.

CLASH OF THE BRITONS - NY Post. Excerpt:

April 13, 2004 -- ROCK fans have been arguing about the Cure vs. the Smiths since the '80s, and with new albums due from the Cure and Morrissey, the debate isn't going to end anytime soon.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Bare Knuckle boxing match. Loser pays this years royalties to the winner !
    I'll take Moz to beat Smith in 3 rounds.
    Look at the expession in Moz's eyes from the Guardian interview pic. He has a killing in him & ain't to hot on the Human race

Bona Homey
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 13 2004, @10:15AM (#95150)
    • Re:Matchup by TheMusikBox (Score:1) Wednesday April 14 2004, @11:21AM
  • Being from New England and the main area of the country that listens to the old home and can tell you who suede were (cross my fingers for reunion, IS), I can tell you this has NEVER been a debate. Ever. This person is obviously guilty of If-it-didn't-happen-before-Nirvana-it-didn't-actually-happen syndrome. The only debate I ever heard of growing up was who's really got the claim to the electronic fame: New Order or Depeche Mode. I vote N.O., hands down. Depeche mode are pussies.
    tracyhusky -- Tuesday April 13 2004, @10:39AM (#95158)
    (User #9185 Info)
  • What the hell! Why should two of the best singers/musicians EVER be involved in such meaningless babble!? I mean, two people so in touch with Musik should be able to find a common thread of respect for one another for alteast "that thing" they both posses in the same way! Well, I guess when your drunk off your ass all the time, or looking in the mirror costantly, you kinda become blind to silliness like that...or the media just loves telling MORE AND MORE LIES and crap!
    TheMusikBox <[email protected]> -- Tuesday April 13 2004, @11:48AM (#95183)
    (User #10659 Info | http://www.geocities.com/musikboxsite)
    If You Like Morrissey.. Listen to Musik. : http://www.geocities.com/musikboxsite
  • http://nypost.com/entertainment/22681.htm

"Ive heard that he (Robert Smith) is a beer-frinking football fan-more of a lad.Then when its time to go onstage,he becomes a tortured soul"

lol
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 13 2004, @12:04PM (#95186)
  • Bolan, Bowie, Souxsie or Supergrass... it doesn't really matter. They've both expressed their mutual admiration for these and other artists throughout the years and I'm sure if forced into a conversation over a few drinks they'd find they have far more in common than they'd ever previously thought.

Truly, the most worrying exchange of words at the table would be listening to hear who they finally decide is more roshambo worthy, Gore or Gahan.
    haze <[email protected]> -- Tuesday April 13 2004, @12:21PM (#95191)
    (User #1115 Info)
    myspace.com/deathwrites
  • that's the real news here
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 13 2004, @12:21PM (#95192)
  • So, when did Morrissey say anything about The Cure or Robert Smith? Any quotes? For the record, I like them both, as I suspect a lot of us do. These made-up "feuds" are just silly.
    Josef K -- Tuesday April 13 2004, @12:26PM (#95194)
    (User #10664 Info)
    • Re:Quotes? by haze (Score:1) Tuesday April 13 2004, @12:45PM
      • Re:Quotes? by Josef K (Score:1) Tuesday April 13 2004, @01:52PM
        • Re:Quotes? by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday April 14 2004, @01:45AM
        • Re:Quotes? by TheMusikBox (Score:1) Wednesday April 14 2004, @10:55AM
        • Re:Quotes? by LeJentle (Score:1) Wednesday April 14 2004, @11:34PM
    • Re:Quotes? by Truman C (Score:1) Wednesday April 14 2004, @05:18AM
      • Re:Quotes? by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday April 14 2004, @06:09AM
        • Re:Undies by Truman C (Score:1) Wednesday April 14 2004, @09:51AM
  • hide the fact that they are dating.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday April 13 2004, @02:51PM (#95233)
  • the large overlap between Moz and Cure fans?
    jessesamuel -- Tuesday April 13 2004, @04:36PM (#95260)
    (User #1984 Info)
    On an occasion of this kind it becomes more than a moral duty to speak one's mind. It becomes a pleasure. -O.W.
  • this is all soooo silly. They are two totally different sounds and musicians...why must they beat this subject to death?

Can't we all just move on and get along? Is that soooo hard.
    Sheesh!
    anj -- Tuesday April 13 2004, @04:50PM (#95263)
    (User #10669 Info)
    • Re:so stupid by TheMusikBox (Score:1) Wednesday April 14 2004, @10:48AM
  • that's just bull****, i think they both are the best musicians the world has ever know. I just think all of this is just publicity, seeing that both of them will issued new albumns in the coming weeks....
    romanas78 -- Wednesday April 14 2004, @04:21PM (#95467)
    (User #10679 Info)
  • Having done much research and reading on Morrissey (and also being a fan of the Cure), I have come across many blurbs and remarks, which both have made, about one another. This article is not a total lie. I'm sure that, somewhere, these old interviews are transcribed. There has been animosity between the two, and I highly doubt that they will be having tea together. Having said that, I don't see the point in opening up old wounds. I'm sure, given that they will both be getting press, they will re-open them without any critic's help!
    Because We Must

[ home | terms of service ]