posted by davidt on Sunday April 11 2004, @10:00AM
Vivienne, the Venus de Mile End writes:

The lovely American actress Julia Stiles appeared on tonight's edition of Jonathan Ross, a late-night chat show on British telly which Moz himself is scheduled to appear on next month.

At the end of her interview she asked if Jonathan's in-studio gay vocal quartet, Four Poofs and A Piano, would take a request. She asked for Bigmouth Strikes Again, but the flummoxed foursome launched falteringly into This Charming Man.

Jonathan asked her if she was a big Smiths fan and she was very enthusiastic. She said she loved Morrissey and seemed especially excited when Jonathan revealed he would be appearing on the show next month to both chat and perform a couple of songs. Julia asked if she could come back and be in the audience, and Wozzer suggested that Stiles pull a sickie from her West End stage show, David Mamet's Oleanna, which she is currently here in London for.

So if I am successful in securing my tickets for that evening then Moz will have at least two appreciative females there in the audience.

---
Tinderstruck also writes:

Julia Stiles was being interviewed on the Jonathan Ross show (UK BBC 1) tonight (Friday 9th April). I was pleasantly surprised when at the end of the interview she requested a Smiths song from the "4 puffs and a piano", suggesting "Bigmouth Strikes Again". They played a little of "This Charming Man" before Jonathan mentioned that Morrissey himself would be on the show in a few weeks (as mentioned on here!) Julia mentioned she was a huge fan and Jonathan said something like "that's very good". Her co-star in "Mona Lisa Smile" Kirsten Dunst was once photographed wearing a Smiths tshirt wasn't she?
---
Kirsten Dunst photo is in this article: Kirsten Dunst in Smiths shirt (Les Inrockuptibles photo) - June 13, 2002. Morrissey to appear on the Jonathan Ross show May 14, according to the press release.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Im annoyed I missed that, since I usually watch it and Ive just got quite interested in the smiths.
    Anonymous -- Sunday April 11 2004, @10:43AM (#94776)
  • That woman was a total bint! She soooo didn't get Ross's humour, I was amazed she even gets the Smiths lyrics!

GDx
    Northern Bird -- Sunday April 11 2004, @10:45AM (#94777)
    (User #4363 Info)
    no longer drowning...
    • Re:Umm by Anonymous (Score:0) Sunday April 11 2004, @11:19AM
      • Re:Umm by Northern Bird (Score:1) Sunday April 11 2004, @12:28PM
      • Re:Umm by rallen (Score:1) Monday April 12 2004, @04:30AM
    • Re:Umm by Anonymous (Score:0) Sunday April 11 2004, @12:25PM
      • Re:Umm by Anonymous (Score:0) Sunday April 11 2004, @12:28PM
      • Re:Umm by goodbye_a_go_go (Score:1) Sunday April 11 2004, @04:29PM
        • Re:Umm by Venus de Mile End (Score:1) Sunday April 11 2004, @05:21PM
          • Re:Umm by Northern Bird (Score:1) Monday April 12 2004, @03:53AM
            • Re:Umm by Venus de Mile End (Score:1) Monday April 12 2004, @03:38PM
            • Re:Umm by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday April 12 2004, @04:48PM
          • Lost In Translation.... by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday April 12 2004, @11:26AM
  • Any good ideas on how would one be able to secure tickets for Moz on Jonthan Ross? I'd love to be able to see that live.
    Anonymous -- Sunday April 11 2004, @11:39AM (#94786)
    • Re:tix for Wossie? (Score:2, Informative)

I found the following on http://www.chortle.co.uk/features/free.html

"Friday Night With Jonathan Ross

The next series of the chat show records in London on Thursday evenings March 11 to June 10. To apply, send an sae to PO Box 21042, London N1 1WZ stating which date you prefer and the number of tickets, up to a maximum of four."

I have sent off for mine but dunno if joy will be forthcoming.

Vivienne
      Venus de Mile End -- Sunday April 11 2004, @01:04PM (#94798)
      (User #10639 Info)
  • On his Saturday radio show Jonathan played the new single and talked briefly but enthusiastically about Moz and the chat show appearance with his sidekick. This can be listened to on the Radio Two website. IBEH starts 11 minutes in.

Listen Again [bbc.co.uk]
    Benton -- Sunday April 11 2004, @04:31PM (#94832)
    (User #7241 Info)
  • J. Stiles co-starred with fellow fan Kirsten D. in that recent, awful Julia Roberts film. I've read that Kirsten's boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal of Donnie Darko fame is also a big Smiths fan.
    Chloe Sevigny is a fan and is in La La land right now filming something for HBO.
    The list goes on.
    I bet a gaggle of Smiths t-shirt wearing celebritys show up at his upcoming gigs.
    ScottyK -- Monday April 12 2004, @06:36PM (#95027)
    (User #7165 Info)
    Meet me in the alley

[ home | terms of service ]