posted by davidt on Saturday April 03 2004, @09:00AM
guiyaum writes:

It is confirmed that Morrissey will be at the Rock en Seine Festival, near Paris!

link to purchase tickets
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Morrissey reluctantly travels to France since 1996, when during an interview with rock magazine Les Inrockuptibles, something ackward happened. Before that day, The relationship between Morrissey and the magazine was pure love and mutual respect. Moreover, he used to enjoy himself in Paris enough to record his live album at the Zenith during the Your Arsenal tour. I've heard many versions of what happened that day at the interview and always wondered what actually happened. I know it's gossip but if anyone around has a clue !

Come back more often Morrissey, Les Inrockuptibles have always been a bunch of brainwankers to me. They just wish they had the power to make your highs and lows ;-)
    Retired Whore <[email protected]> -- Saturday April 03 2004, @09:25AM (#93602)
    (User #3238 Info)
    Sweet F.A.
    • Re:I thought he forgot us ! by Le Franais (Score:1) Saturday April 03 2004, @11:16AM
      • Re:I thought he forgot us ! by Anonymous (Score:0) Saturday April 03 2004, @11:33AM
      • A persistent rumour in the french musical industry mentioned a kind of silent war that started on the day when Morrissey gave his last interview to Les Inrockuptibles.

For the story, les Inrockuptibles was founded by old Smiths fans back in the 80's and the magazine was always very supportive towards Morrissey, even during the early 90's when the singles such as November or Interesting Drug were poorly received by the critics. Even after the Union Jack affair and unlike the NME, they kept on supporting him, giving him regular front page coverage. Every single interview he gave to that magazine was pretty credible, heartfelt and emotional with a lot of personal questions about his feelings, past and traumas. I think there was a real mutual trust.

So that's what I've been repeated today when asking my friend who still works in the industry. During that last interview (for the release of Southpaw, not Maladjusted which -I think but I'm not quite sure- is the only Moz album release that hasn't got a Inrockuptibles interview), there's a long blank that could even be felt on the paper. It was a question that lead to "Used to be a Sweet Boy" on V&I, and given the lyrics of that song, you can easily imagine what kind of embarassing question was asked. Morrissey reportedly asked the interviewer to immediatly stop taping. He then walked out of the room and came back a few minutes later only to quickly finish the interview and never spoke to the magazine again.

Once again, it's only a rumour that could've been made up by the magazines or whatever intern at EMI. But, on the other hand, any French fan had noticed that he used to appreciate touring and coming in France a lot before that period and that he suddenly stopped getting any kind of specific coverage by Les Inrockuptibles afterwards.

If anyone of you has more information about that affair ?
        Retired Whore <[email protected]> -- Sunday April 04 2004, @11:13AM (#93757)
        (User #3238 Info)
        Sweet F.A.
  • So in order to apologize, here's my politically-correct post : after reading that thread, I've immediately bought a couple of tickets for my girlfriend and I. We now hope that this summer will be cooler than last year's because I don't think I can spend a whole august day amidst the crowd with 100° ! Besides I would definitely hate to walk into a Morrissey concert dressed like a tourist right out from Disneyland, wearing shorts and... a pair of birkenstock :-p And I think Morrissey would hate his audience to dress so badly.

Would he steal a pair of (vintage) jeans off a clothes line for me ? Cause me, with cheap clothes... OH NOBODY could keep a straight face. Me with C&A clothes, well a nation turns its back and gags.
    Retired Whore <[email protected]> -- Monday April 05 2004, @10:41AM (#93834)
    (User #3238 Info)
    Sweet F.A.

[ home | terms of service ]