posted by davidt on Tuesday December 09 2003, @10:00AM
aly.smith writes:

David Hemmings has died aged 62.
David appeared on the re issue of "How Soon Is Now". He became one of the icons of the 60's staring in films such as "Blow Up"

Obituary: David Hemmings - BBC news

Sleeve scan from "Passions Just Like Mine"

---
Morrissey is not credited with this sleeve on this reissue.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • celluloid history (Score:2, Informative)

Oh my GOD! Have you guys seen this site?

http://www.torr.org/moz/films.htm
    Belligerent Ghoul -- Tuesday December 09 2003, @12:14PM (#81547)
    (User #9224 Info)
    There is a light that never goes out...
    • Re:celluloid history by carnal artist (Score:1) Tuesday December 09 2003, @05:37PM
      • Re:celluloid history (Score:2, Informative)

I did a Yahoo! search and typed in "David Hemmings Morrissey," to try and get information on this sleeve featuring the late actor, and this is one of the first 5 hits I got.
        Belligerent Ghoul -- Tuesday December 09 2003, @07:46PM (#81620)
        (User #9224 Info)
        There is a light that never goes out...
    • Re:celluloid history by Anonymous (Score:0) Tuesday December 09 2003, @08:21PM
      • Re:celluloid history by Belligerent Ghoul (Score:0) Tuesday December 09 2003, @09:41PM
        • Yes, it's a very nice list Torr, but I think you should mention the source of most of your information, i.e. the It May all End Tomorrow site:

http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/%7Emoz/

and not pretend that you have collected all that information by yourself.

David Hemmings R.I.P.

/Ulf (one of the IMAET contributors)
          Salinger -- Wednesday December 10 2003, @06:43AM (#81665)
          (User #4391 Info)
  • David Hemmings. You are gone so soon at only 62, but your work lives on in films and televison for hopefully more and more generatons to come. I will never forget you. You were such a good-looking young man. The 1960s seems such a long time ago now. Please forgive me but as Shakespeare wrote in The Tempest Act IV Scene 1 "We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep" Rest In Peace. love and blessings, Andrea Isonxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 09 2003, @04:57PM (#81590)
  • I always thought it was Andrew McCarthy.
    palare -- Tuesday December 09 2003, @08:07PM (#81621)
    (User #152 Info | http://worldofabrahan.com/)
    where the world's ugliest boy became what you see...
  • David Hemmings was a genius. Brilliant actor who never craved the limelight, not the sort of blokes who's give crap interviews to pdious magazines and newspapers, so he ended up not all that famous.

Go and watch 'Deep Red' (Profundo Rosso)immediately
    JiltedJim -- Thursday December 11 2003, @08:30AM (#81783)
    (User #7728 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]