posted by davidt on Tuesday December 09 2003, @10:00AM
Famous when dead writes:

Released on 1st December (UK):
Yet another re-issue:
Morrissey : Kill Uncle CDCSD 3789 / CDP 79 5707 2
No difference in packing or anything at all!
Why?
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Just what I've always always wanted!! Can someone get this for me pleeeeeaaasseeeee?
    keefer -- Tuesday December 09 2003, @10:03AM (#81536)
    (User #2244 Info)
    *Reclined on an analysts couch*
  • Remastered?
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 09 2003, @11:27AM (#81540)
  • Did the UK version include Tony the Pony? I thought it didn't. Maybe this one will? I don't know.
    fut -- Tuesday December 09 2003, @11:44AM (#81543)
    (User #401 Info | http://www.omgmyblog.com/)
    • Re:Question by Still Seasick (Score:1) Monday December 15 2003, @11:29AM
  • Out of all the morrissey albums kill uncle is the one i see least in record shops. I know a friend of mine who has recently got into morrissey found this the hardest album to obtain.
    So perhaps for this reason it is being re-released.

Stuart
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 09 2003, @11:48AM (#81545)
    • Re:Kill Uncle by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday December 11 2003, @07:06PM
  • Doesn't this album contain some of Morrissey's least favorite songs as a soloist? No sense.
    Mannix -- Tuesday December 09 2003, @12:48PM (#81552)
    (User #1379 Info)
  • All this means is that the album has been out of print for a wee while, and is now back in print. It's not like it's going to get a huge advertising campaign or anything ... it just means that it's available in shops again.

Enough with this self-righteous indignation.
    LawrenceM -- Tuesday December 09 2003, @12:52PM (#81553)
    (User #3228 Info | http://listen.to/orangejuice)
    "I wore my fringe like Roger McGuinn"
  • No sarcasm intended, this is my favourite Morrissey LP. I know many Morrissey acolytes are unanimous in their contempt for Kill Uncle but I think it contains several of his most memorable songs such as Sing Your Life and Driving Your Girlfriend Home.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 09 2003, @12:53PM (#81554)
  • i'll say it too this has some of the best Moz songs but is so piss poorly produced. his backing band really spruced these songs up live. listen to the KROQ version of Sing Your Life and you'll know what i mean. as for it being reissued, yes there is no reason to get in a huff about it.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 09 2003, @01:32PM (#81559)
  • Since there currently is a lot of noise about Morrissey and the new record he is working on they probably figured they could cash in on Morrissey's greatest work to date- Kill Uncle
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 09 2003, @03:08PM (#81573)
    • Re:Best Album by JonnersB (Score:1) Wednesday December 10 2003, @02:56AM
  • I'd much rather have 'Kill Uncle', 'Southpaw Grammar' & 'Maladjusted' than 'Your Arsenal' and 'Vauxhall & I' any day of the week. The latter have been sadly hyped to the detriment of the former.
    firstodie -- Wednesday December 10 2003, @01:45AM (#81642)
    (User #9168 Info)
  • There's no need to get upset about a re-release! If you have it (which 99% of the people who visit here regularly will) then you don't have to buy it. If you haven't got it, then great! you can buy it now if you couldn't get hold of it before.

It has a couple of stinkers (IMHO) sure, but also some great tracks: "Driving your girlfriend home" and "Found Found Found" I love.
    carlos_blakos -- Wednesday December 10 2003, @06:27AM (#81661)
    (User #8420 Info)
  • i cannot understand the problems people have with this album. it should be rereleased continuously until everyone owns it.
    For starters it has Asian Rut, one of the most incredible social commentaries and a top cathcy melody. Found found found is a song Marr would have killed for, it is SO funky. Mute Witness is November spawned mach II and a big improvement. And the piece de resistance the harsh truth. i cry whenever i listen to that. his best lp
    Anonymous -- Wednesday December 10 2003, @07:27AM (#81673)
  • The "why?" at the end of my post was not because I dislike the album or upset by its re-issue.
    This album was available for sale prior to re-issue and had not been deleted prior.
    It was also available as part of the recent 3 album pack re-issue.
    At least 'Viva Hate' got a bit of a tarting up, extra tracks and 'deluxe' box!
    If anyone wanted a copy of this, a quick look online would find many, many copies.
    Now, if it had been re-mastered or had some kind of new hook to it... it would be worth considering, but as it stands I fail to see how pressing more copies of this album will do anything to enhance a future Moz release.
    The point I was trying to make really was that if EMI want to re-issue something, they should make an effort!
    If you don't already own this album, buy it from one of the thousands of sources that doesn't line EMI's pockets. Give an old copy a good home.
    Regards,
    FWD
    Famous when dead -- Wednesday December 10 2003, @12:26PM (#81708)
    (User #981 Info)
    Some of us is turning nasty
  • i thought kill uncle had a few great tracks though overall most of the lyrics were sub-par. i think it's good that their re-packaging it for all those new morrissey fans out there who don't have it or for those who have loaned it to a friend and never got it back.
    leedoggpimp <[email protected]> -- Saturday December 13 2003, @12:11AM (#81941)
    (User #2789 Info | http://www.morrisseymusic.com/)
    True friends stab you in the front.
  • why? your arsenal knocks kill uncle into a cocked hat anyday!
    rallen <[email protected]> -- Saturday December 13 2003, @05:52AM (#81949)
    (User #4753 Info)
    the best form of revenge is to live well.
  • Kill Uncle is pretty easy to get in the UK - but just try to get Southpaw Grammer here - it is impossible and i'm 99% sure it has been deleted. I wanted it for someone's present and had to get it from US Amazon
    Anonymous -- Tuesday December 16 2003, @04:00AM (#82138)

[ home | terms of service ]