posted by davidt on Tuesday October 28 2003, @10:00AM
Renzo writes:

In the new 2003 December issue of Playboy, Ryan Adams was asked about his album Love Is Hell. The interview went like this:

PLAYBOY: We've never heard you rock so hard.

ADAMS: The record I made before this, Love Is Hell, was really blue, so chances were this one would be more rock. I'm not in a place where I fell cumbersom. I've had enough of that.

PLAYBOY: What the hell happened to Love Is Hell.

ADAMS: It's done, but it was denied by my label. No one did shit with it. When I turned it in they went, "It sounds like The Smiths." I'm like, "That's a huge fucking compliment. Of course you don't like it. You live in Nashville." I'm on a major label, but I should be on an indie. The money's the same, and the fame doesn't fucking mean shit. At least on an indie I'd get to make the art I want to make.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Someone ought to call up Patrick Fitzgerald and the Rest of Kitchens of Distinction--This man has stolen the title of their first album!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday October 28 2003, @10:37AM (#77905)
  • I love Ryan Adams.

Whiskeytowns album "Strangers Almanac" is the only record that I have ever bought solely on the strenght of a review without hearing anything by the artist...since then I have been hooked, Adams is just ace-tastic!
    SundownPlayboy -- Tuesday October 28 2003, @11:01AM (#77913)
    (User #8548 Info)
  • Ryan Adams would just love to be Jeff Buckley.

The man is a fairly convincing fake.

not important.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday October 29 2003, @02:29AM (#77992)
  • he does the theme to robin hood prince of thieves, 16 weeks at number one in the uk with the heap of dung and NOW he thinks he sounds like the smiths, i'll kill you adams.

mzn
    Anonymous -- Thursday October 30 2003, @07:32AM (#78093)

[ home | terms of service ]