posted by davidt on Tuesday October 28 2003, @10:00AM
Ben writes:

I'm making a short doco on the Salford Lads Club for the BBC and I was wondering if any of your readers would be in the Salford/Manchester area over the next few weeks and if they fancied coming along to tell us what the club means to them - it's not a doco about the Smiths in particular but we want to express that the club's sphere of influence spreads further than the borders of West Manchester.

We'd love to meet someone who has made a pilgrimage from across the Watford Gap, the Atlantic or even further. It would be especially great to interview any fans from Mexico or the South-Western states in the US who have made the journey over to Manchester/Salford for the first time.

We also know that the club was mildly anti-Smiths in the late 80s and early 90s due to the elderly couple who ran it being pro-Monarchist and the Smiths being outwardly anti-Monarchist. Now under management of the arts council it's a different story with a room being dedicated to the band and the club being happy to be associated with the band. We'd like to know how they feel about this.

We're filming over the next 3 weeks (27th October - 16th November) so if anyone fancies it they can get in touch with me at [email protected].

We'll throw in a slap up English pub lunch and as much beer as they can drink for their trouble.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • If I lived in the UK I would be all over this.
    Anonymous -- Thursday October 30 2003, @01:57AM (#78072)
  • fat grim o grady from this site will turn up if you give him 20 pies each for himself and his orrible kids
    Anonymous -- Thursday October 30 2003, @07:29AM (#78092)

[ home | terms of service ]