posted by davidt on Tuesday October 21 2003, @09:00AM
Pascal from Belgium writes:

Excuse-me if I make mistakes, but I speak french. In the french magazine " MAGIC! " of october 2003, there is an interview of the group HERMAN DUNE. " There is a light that never goes out" is one of their favorite songs. David-Ivar says : " For André and me, it was impossible to not put a song of Morrissey. That is the biggest influence on the writing of our songs. André says : " we have learned English because we listen to the Smiths. " David-Ivar : I liked that my children learned at the school a song of Morrissey. He is in music what is the most elevated (the best) in what I can image of the writing. " (in French : il est en musique ce qu'il y a de plus élevé possible dans ce que je peux m'imaginer de l'écriture.")
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • The French have such impeccable taste, such wonderful cuisine, and a language that itself is music to the ears. Of course, they would appreciate Morrissey, and hold him in high regard. Aside from the UK/Eire, he is also quite popular in Germany. Moreover, I respect the position that France & Germany took with regard to the conflict in Iraq, where they stood before the United Nations and the entire world and told Britain and the USA that it was patently wrong to go to war, and to give the weapons inspectors more time, before bombing them and taking over their sovereign nation. But the coalition of next to none went in anyway, murdering thousands along with way. Recently, the UN weapons inspectors reentered Iraq and found no weapons of mass destruction whatsoever. France & Germany & the rest of the world were right. The coalition of next to none was wrong. I hope there is a place in Hell for Bush & his friends.
    Belligerent Ghoul -- Tuesday October 21 2003, @09:46AM (#77347)
    (User #9224 Info)
    There is a light that never goes out...
    • maybe so by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday October 23 2003, @12:42AM
      • Re:maybe so by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday October 23 2003, @03:38AM
        • Re:maybe so by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday October 23 2003, @04:47AM
          • Re:maybe so by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday October 24 2003, @01:39AM
    • Please Sir, I'd like to know... by Curt Woyte (Score:1) Tuesday October 28 2003, @12:23AM
  • right.
    except that André and David are half-swedish.
    great people, great music.

frenchybutchic
    Anonymous -- Wednesday October 22 2003, @01:04AM (#77403)
  • "we have learned English because we listen to the Smiths."

haha i have laughed hard.
    Anonymous -- Friday October 24 2003, @05:12PM (#77720)

[ home | terms of service ]