posted by davidt on Tuesday October 07 2003, @09:00AM
mymorrissey writes:

Was watching the Q Awards ceremony on TV tonight (which was filmed on October 2) and Iain Lee, was the show's presenter talked about past Q Awards Icon's, and in the past Morrissey, along with others have won this prize. Amongst names like Paul Weller and all sorts of other non-sense, "and of course, THE Morrissey." ......The Morrissey?

Hmm...Anyway the Cure went away with it...blah blah blah... 'The Morrissey' was a bit disturbing. Apparently (according to one of my weekly gossip mags) Morrissey was at the actual awards show. I didn't spot em, they focused more on the musicians that matter...Xtina and mockney damon albarn. ZZZZzzzz....
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • I suspect that the mainstream media keeps the spotlight away from Moz because lots of people don't want to be shown up by his talent, preferring to have themselves be seen as 'the bomb'.
    redpathetic -- Tuesday October 07 2003, @10:02AM (#76111)
    (User #6184 Info)
    Happy in this final acceptance of his own absurdity...Albert Camus
  • Morrissey wasn't there, he was booked into the studio that day in LA. If he was he was bunking off and he's had far too much time off already, plus morrissey and the cure in the same room?
    As for people these days, it's no surprise to me that people don't know who morrissey is, hence
    'the morrissey's'????
    Anonymous -- Tuesday October 07 2003, @02:36PM (#76166)
  • If you like The Cure and you live in/around Leeds, then come down to

"Inbetween Days"
    A night of The Cure
    Quo Vadis
    Leeds

Sat 25th October

8.30pm -1am
    Anonymous -- Tuesday October 07 2003, @03:29PM (#76181)
  • Iain Lee is a big Smiths fan. He said 'The Morrissey' I imagine as a term of praise. As in he's the only one and it makes him seem mightier...or something.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday October 08 2003, @05:33AM (#76256)
    • Re:Doh by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday October 08 2003, @03:54PM
  • Given Xtina an award for best single an The Cure for Lifetime achievement says it all.
    Anonymous -- Thursday October 09 2003, @04:34AM (#76387)
  • I remember when Moz was on SNL around the time Your Arsenal came out. At the end of the show Michael Keaton said, "...and speciall thanks to tonight's musical group, Morrissey!"

Same kinda thing, I guess, in a way...
    BBC Scum -- Thursday October 09 2003, @06:43PM (#76439)
    (User #8427 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]