posted by davidt on Tuesday October 07 2003, @09:00AM
Carolina writes:

Dear Starlet thanks Moz in debut CD
I just picked up the debut EP of the band "Dear Starlet,". They're from South Florida, but have a very British sound. I LOVE the CD, and was delighted to see that, in their "Thank You" section, they list Moz and David Roberts Jones (AKA David Bowie, of course).

As a side-note, I actually first saw this band at a Morrissey-tribute show. They did an amazing, rocking cover of "Late Night, Maudlin Street" (my all-time favorite Morrissey song!)

I spoke with the singer at their last show, and he told me that they're opening for The Walkmen on October 13th in Miami. You can go to their website (www.dearstarlet.com) for the show details.

---
SundownPlayboy writes:

The Ordinary Boys
The Ordinary Boys, the Brighton based mod/punks have a demo version of their track "Maybe Someday" available to hear on the nme website. They don't sound Smithsy/Morrissey-ish but they have a nice punky sound that I think Moz would approve of.

---
biker writes:

Monsters from South Gate
I was at a punk show in East LA last night at a place called "la casa del mexicano" a center for community activism. the show consisted of local latin ska/punk bands but one of the "headliners" was the band "monsters" which i heard through the grapevine was doing billy idol and iggy pop covers. towards the end of their set the band performed an excellent cover of barbarism... my compliments especially to the band who did a very "tight" rendition of the song.

---
EssexBoy writes:

The Killers
Went to see a new band called the Killers, totally ace and the lead singer wore a Moz T-Shirt, they also did a song which sounded like 'Barbarism/what she said', mark my words, this band will rule.

---
Alex Feron writes:

Boy Sets Fire - Smiths Fans?
I just wanted to let you know that the guitarist of "BOY SETS FIRE" was wearing the "MEAT IS MURDER"-Shirt on their gig on the german TERRAMOTO-Festival last weekend. It was a great and powerful show, but SUEDE really rocked them all.

See the picture here.

ASK ME for more, if you want......
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • I saw Dear Starlet, in Miami - they really rocked and stuff. That keyboardist had style!!
    Anonymous -- Tuesday October 07 2003, @07:17PM (#76211)

[ home | terms of service ]