posted by davidt on Tuesday June 03 2003, @09:30AM
Torr Leonard writes:

Steven Wells rambles about hating Moz...again

Manchester - Cultural Chernobyl by Steven Wells, Playlouder
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • That was one of the funniest articles I've ever read. Please don't take this guy seriously and start lashing out deathwishes and clever pejoritives. This guy has about three braincells that still work. And even they're struggling.
    Anyway, he forgot the Nolans as one of the good Manc acts. What a wanker! LOL
    Spineless Swine <[email protected]> -- Tuesday June 03 2003, @09:59AM (#63671)
    (User #4968 Info)
    Leave your future behind you.
  • I don't understand this guy's point. He lists Manchester bands he likes, then lists ones he doesn't like (several of which aren't actually from Manchester), and comes to the conclusion that Manchester is a 'cultural wasteland'.

Eh?

He's just jealous, like every non-Mancunian, because Manchester is the best city in the world.
    JiltedJim -- Tuesday June 03 2003, @10:03AM (#63672)
    (User #7728 Info)
  • Eh up.... (Score:2, Funny)

Hello Steven.....
    Still trying to make the Moz fans bite i see....hahaha you sad sad man, the same insults you throw Mozzers way seem far more apparent when discussing your own existence, surely? If it wasn't for old Mogsy then what would you have had to write about all these years...Coldplay? Turin Brakes? Feeder? Sterophonics? Unlike that dire bunch least old mozzer causes a reaction, an opinion...that is better than no reaction at all, surely? I do think that deep down, in amonst your deep love of Terrovision and Naplam Death, you love Morrissey with a deep passion, it's just denial i guess....i wonder, does Morrissey make Steven Swell?. Look at the real issues here, Morrissey is far removed from the current music scene, so at least for the moment....try addressing something new for a change, "the parody lingers on"...no not Moz, but you! "tit"

A Leeds Lad!
    nowt wrong wi that.....
    FRED UP -- Tuesday June 03 2003, @10:52AM (#63684)
    (User #3917 Info)
  • This guy has no taste whatsoever, in every sense of the word.
    veradicere -- Tuesday June 03 2003, @11:54AM (#63700)
    (User #8315 Info)
  • TAKE THAT? Give me a break!
    MyMelody -- Tuesday June 03 2003, @12:57PM (#63724)
    (User #2329 Info | http://lightupvirginmary.blogspot.com/)
    ...don't make fun of me later... cos I'm just lost...
  • That was hilarious. He listed the Bee Gees as one of the quality Manchurian acts. The primest Moz-bashing I've ever heard. He really just despises that charming man soooo much.
    ed is dead -- Tuesday June 03 2003, @06:17PM (#63770)
    (User #8319 Info | http://www.mnartists.org/Ed_Moorman)
    "In my Kosmis there will be no feeva of dischord; all my immotions will function in hominy and kind feelings" - Krazy Ka
  • I like how he has to spend the entire article talking about one person who he HATES instead of defending his completely BIZARRE choices for good acts to come out of Manchester. How can a person possibly not like Joy Division, but like Oasis?? Seriously. This man needs to take a look at his priorities. I agree with him about The Buzzcocks and Magazine, though, so at least he has some taste, however small it may be.
    Anonymous -- Tuesday June 03 2003, @08:47PM (#63779)
  • is obsessed with Morrissey and can't seem to come to grips with it.

Does this man actually get paid real money for his writing? I hope not.

kl

And The Charlies aren't from Manchester...
    king leer -- Tuesday June 03 2003, @10:12PM (#63785)
    (User #80 Info)
  • Who the f**k is Steven Wells?
    Anonymous -- Wednesday June 04 2003, @01:17AM (#63802)
  • My god he can spot us in the crowds. I thought it was possible to be anonymous moz fan.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday June 04 2003, @06:03AM (#63830)
  • I don't think this article was very funny, but I do agree that New Order were just 'Wham for students'.
    Growing up in Manc, you weren't allowed to express anything other than ecstatic love for this second-rate band. There was a definate 'emporor's new clothes' situation.
    JiltedJim -- Wednesday June 04 2003, @08:28AM (#63848)
    (User #7728 Info)
  • Steven Wells started out in the early eighties as Seething Wells, a hopelessly puerile, sixth form style poet whose fetid, painfully obtuse verse kept him languishing in the bus shelters of obscurity. He had nothing by way of enlightenment to offer then and little has changed in two decades.

He is now occasionally seen whoring his middle-aged girth on downmarket nostalgia programmes vox-popping about the relative merits of Space Hoppers, The Goodies, Space Dust and the like. He is the pauper's answer to John Robb.

This is all you ever need to know about him.
    deadpan -- Wednesday June 04 2003, @02:52PM (#63893)
    (User #8414 Info)
  • Is SWells still alive? I thought the passing of time may have signalled his departure to a different place. But no, every now and then he has to pop his dull head up and moan about something. Is that the only way he can get any attention these days?? What a git
    mozismurder -- Thursday June 05 2003, @09:01AM (#63997)
    (User #7294 Info)
    Mind your bleedin' own you two bob c-nt

[ home | terms of service ]