posted by davidt on Tuesday March 04 2003, @11:00AM
j dollars writes:

just reading the tracklisting for the new the Lucksmiths album due out March 24th... one track caught my eye. In a particularly Lucksmiths-y turn of phrase, the track "There Is a Boy That Never Goes Out" will be featured on the album... haven't heard it yet so don't know if it borrows at all from the Smiths classic, but the Lucksmiths are brilliant so I'm sure this track is, too...
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • I had the extreme pleasure of seeing The Lucksmiths at the Brisbane Livid festival last year, on the same bill as Morrissey. They're a fantastic band, and clearly big Smiths fans. This certainly isn't their first Smioths reference ... there are a couple, the one which immediately springs to mind is a line in one of their songs "I was drunken in the haze of a happy hour". They've also referenced Belle & Sebastian and The Go-Betweens in their lyrics.

I'm sure they'd appeal to most Smiths fans, as they write witty, clever & literate melodic pop.

For anyone interested, 2001s "Why That Doesn't Surprise Me" or 1998s "Happy Secret" are probably the best places to start. You can buy their albums online from their label, Candle Records.
    http://www.candlerecords.com.au
    LawrenceM -- Tuesday March 04 2003, @12:31PM (#55269)
    (User #3228 Info | http://listen.to/orangejuice)
    "I wore my fringe like Roger McGuinn"
  • Didn't NME have an article about Moz in the early 90s that was called "There is a Shite that never goes out"? Totally ripping him to pieces.
    Spineless Swine <[email protected]> -- Tuesday March 04 2003, @01:19PM (#55279)
    (User #4968 Info)
    Leave your future behind you.
  • Slovenian Tolars, with conciouness, write:

just receding from William H Macy's Gray Hound racing track, pissing for the coins and the Lucas Buck (remember that?) album due to be thrown out of the rucksack of a complex pelican ... one tragicomic weevil caught my eye. In a particularly Gloria's Gay Norse God-y turn of phrase, the track "There Is a corrupt former yugoslalvian window cleaner That Never Goes to Gateway" will be featured on the album... haven't herded Blue's tits yet so don't know if it borrows eating paper and chocolate cigarettes at all from the Wayne Heming's Way-out Walrus, but Jon's Homer-ing pigeons are brilliant so I'm sure this track is, tooled up by B&Desmond Llewyln
    Anonymous -- Wednesday March 05 2003, @07:58AM (#55345)

[ home | terms of service ]