posted by davidt on Friday November 22 2002, @09:00AM
Veronika writes:

PAMELA ANDERSON'S NO-TURKEY THANKSGIVING DINNER
(Los Angeles-AP) -- Pamela Anderson's doing Thanksgiving early. She's hosting a dinner tonight where a turkey will be a diner, not dinner. Yeah, a live turkey will be there. Anderson doesn't eat meat so she's having an all-veggie meal. The dinner's at a home in the Hollywood Hills. Along with the turkey, some of the guests include Charlotte Ross from "N-Y-P-D Blue," John Salley of Fox's "Best Damned Sports Show Period," James Marsden of "X-Men" and British rocker Morrissey.

---
Jeff Catania also writes:

Hello, this morning (Nov. 21) at 10:00 A.M. Pacific Time on 93.9 KZLA (That's a country station in Los Angeles) the DJ's announced that Pamela Anderson is having a celebrity vegetarian Thanksgiving in the Hollywood Hills area. Some of the guests are John Salley (Basketball), Kid Rock (of course) and I kid you not as they said and I quote "Legendary British Rocker" Morrissey. There will be a turkey there, but it will be alive and running around free. There were no jokes to follow this statement, so as far as I know this is going to happen.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • It's official, I've gone completely mad! I actually thought I just read something about Morrissey going over to Pam Anderson's for Thanksgiving!!!
    Yeah I know, I've lost my mind....
    haze <[email protected]> -- Friday November 22 2002, @09:05AM (#49524)
    (User #1115 Info)
    myspace.com/deathwrites
  • pam & moz in 'deep' conversation.....
    mrbleepbleep -- Friday November 22 2002, @09:10AM (#49526)
    (User #4268 Info)
  • Eh? Moz and Pamela Anderson celebrating a vegetarian thanksgiving? What's the world coming to? Everybody knows turkeys should be served on the table not at the table. Turkeys are yummy!
    Spineless Swine <[email protected]> -- Friday November 22 2002, @09:14AM (#49527)
    (User #4968 Info)
    Leave your future behind you.
  • great story, but can it really be true?
    funny that the u.s. station announced with such seriousness too.
    imagine Pammy getting to grips with Mozz under the tablecloth over the vegetable lasagne.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall..........
    I can see it now - Mozz landing one on the jaw of Kid Dick, sorry rock (with no rock) cos he's an idiot, then the whole place gets into a scuffle.

or Mozz and Pammy swapping tattoo ideas etc. the possibilities are endless.

the best yet Mozz being plied with cocktails ending up in Pam's bed and the whole thing being 'shot' , if u can pardon the pun , on video.

brilliant.

next week Mozz visits Johnny Rotten for tea and biscuits (made with no animal extracts of course.)
    ;-))
    inlovewiththepast -- Friday November 22 2002, @09:16AM (#49528)
    (User #1028 Info)
    truth rest your head there is more than a life at stake here..she may well sell sanctuary but she'll also sell your soul
    • Re:wow! by Anonymous (Score:0) Friday November 22 2002, @10:54AM
    • Re:wow! by bobmoz (Score:1) Friday November 22 2002, @01:56PM
      • Re:wow! by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday November 25 2002, @12:51AM
  • Isn't Pamela Anderson one of those persons who would deserve to have one of Morrissey's new song dedicated to her? I sure think so...

Of cause it's a good think when people go vegetarian, but we don't have to go completely mad too... I wouldn't want to eat anything in Pamela Anderson's company...

What next? Attending Elton John's garden party?
    Anonymous -- Friday November 22 2002, @09:17AM (#49529)
  • How utterly absurd!

I hope it's not true, Morrissey could find better persons to dine with...
    Anonymous -- Friday November 22 2002, @09:28AM (#49532)
  • One more thing... (Score:2, Interesting)

If in Morrissey's eyes Madonna is the closest thing to organized prostitution, Pam Anderson would therefore have to be... organized prostitution!

Oh Morrissey, I know you're dying for a record deal, but honestly, is Kid Rock & Co. really the answer??
    haze <[email protected]> -- Friday November 22 2002, @09:32AM (#49534)
    (User #1115 Info)
    myspace.com/deathwrites
  • Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps Morrissey's going because James Marsden will be attending? I could bear Ms. Anderson if I could play footsie under the table with him.
    Anonymous -- Friday November 22 2002, @09:34AM (#49535)
    • Or... (Score:2, Interesting)

Could it be a PETA publicity dinner? I seem to recall seeing photos posted here last year with Morrissey, Chrissie Hynde and Pammie (amongst others) sharing the stage at a PETA event. Still, the absence of a turkey will surely spare some blushes for the guests who won't have to answer the hostess's potentially embarrassing question, "Breast or leg?"
      Squirrelhead <[email protected]> -- Friday November 22 2002, @10:03AM (#49543)
      (User #2304 Info)
      "Great minds against themselves conspire and shun the cure they most desire"
    • Re:James Mardsen by bobmoz (Score:1) Friday November 22 2002, @01:51PM
  • Morrissey should take the proper precautions against contracting Hepatitis C from Pammy's silverware.

i think it would be outrageous if Morrissey actually contracted Heptitis C by way of Pamela via Tommy Lee...

and if Pammy rose to the occassion, she could even invite her babies' daddy, Tommy Lee.

imagine the bemused look on Morrissey's face when all hell breaks loose between Tommy Lee and Kid Rock.

at the least, Kid & Moz could do bumps of coke & shots of Southern Comfort together...
    texaho -- Friday November 22 2002, @09:37AM (#49536)
    (User #438 Info)
  • Ok, now I'm gonna have nightmares...

for the rest of my life.
    Anonymous -- Friday November 22 2002, @09:45AM (#49537)
  • What's she up to? Maybe she's heard 'The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores' and wants to be name-dropped, or might inspire to some new song, like 'Another night to forget', 'Thanksgiving with a difference', 'You know why I won't (show up next year)', or simply 'DJ's who lie'...
    Anonymous -- Friday November 22 2002, @10:00AM (#49541)
  • This has nothing to do with Pamela Anderson. Yes, she is the host but PETA is the sponser of this event. And, PETA invited this eclectic group of entertainers. They do it every year. It is so they can reach a wide range of fans out there and educate them on animal rights.Yes, Pamela is a crashing bore. And, I'm sure she's saying, " Morrissey who?". And, believe me Moz is probally thinking the same, but this is not for them rather it is to raise awareness of Turkey alternitives.
    Love,
    Tofu Turkey
    Anonymous -- Friday November 22 2002, @10:05AM (#49544)
  • You know that Pam Anderson does in fact eat meat
    isleofdogs <[email protected]> -- Friday November 22 2002, @10:08AM (#49545)
    (User #1011 Info)
  • i don't like pam anderson much, but she is a kind-hearted person with a great love for animals. she has proven extremely devoted to animal rights. she also isn't quite as dumb as she looks. she actually writes a quite intelligent little column for jane magazine (when first i found out, i was mortified, but it has turned out to be unembarrassing thankfully).
    joans_walkman -- Friday November 22 2002, @11:00AM (#49561)
    (User #6238 Info)
  • I wonder if Morrissey wil be stareing at her big ol' you know whats during Dinner. How could he not?
    Anonymous -- Friday November 22 2002, @12:05PM (#49568)
  • Yep , I can see it now Kid Rock and Morrissey doing a Tofu Turkey song together. Oh, Lord please somebody shoot me!!!
    Anonymous -- Friday November 22 2002, @12:35PM (#49571)
  • Can someone explain to me -
    how Pam Anderson, who at the very least has probably been around the world ten times, slept in all manner of posh hotels and in filthy alleys, been involved with countless rock musicians, and has probably rubbed elbows with dozens of, say what you will, successful people -- can still so easily be dismissed as a "Crashing Bore" -- and to top it all off , those who label her that, have most likely spent most of thier lives posting to Morrissey websites, listening to music and sitting in thier beds.

Like the rest of you, I may not like Pam Anderson, but I can't honestly call her Boring -- she seems like just the sort of interesting person you'd want to sit next to at dinner. Her main claim to fame is a seemingly simple sex appeal, but what separated her from the other 3 billion women. Looks? Morals? Determination? Intelligence? I don't know - but I'm sure Moz will find out.
    Smiths <reversethis-{moc ... a} {2eporhtdniw}> -- Friday November 22 2002, @12:47PM (#49573)
    (User #215 Info)
  • I didn't know Pamela was a Morrissey fan.
    sonnet29 -- Friday November 22 2002, @12:50PM (#49574)
    (User #4574 Info)
    My love, wherever you are, Whatever you are...Don't lose faith...I know it's gonna happen someday...
  • Oh well.......hahahaha, what can you say to that? Can you imagine Steven Morrissey at that party?Pam no doubt dressed in a scimpy santa costume having her ass squeezed by that twat Kid Cock....old Mogsy would be the new Charles Hawtrey starring in...."Carry On Carving The Nut Cutlet". He'd never go and no I'm not taking this at all seriously, but I reckon it's a set up by the NME and Hollywood to get him there, spike his drink and dress him up in Pam's red baywatch swimsuit, they need to get him on the front cover somehow.....a christmas swimsuit issue would be their ideal gift! I'm not sure how the NME came in to this....but whatever! All I want for Crimbo is a Morrissey album and good old rainy day to enjoy it, although that's if Morrissey's not too busy hangin' out with his new breast friends!...! NURSE! HELP! I need advice!!!!!

Regards!
    KES!
    aka jerry atric!
    FRED UP -- Friday November 22 2002, @01:14PM (#49576)
    (User #3917 Info)
  • Whore-world meets the true world. I don't believe it for a second. It's hard enough imagining Kid Rock and Moz in the same state. I change my mind: On the same planet...
    henke_hp -- Friday November 22 2002, @02:11PM (#49589)
    (User #4668 Info)
  • they should play "Meat Is Murder"
    ...turkey you festively sliced... etc.
    Anonymous -- Friday November 22 2002, @02:24PM (#49590)
  • Pamela Anderson is not an ignorant individual. She has to play the part of the blonde bimbo, unfortunately like other woman, just to get the easier way through Hollywood.
    I Love Gary -- Friday November 22 2002, @02:33PM (#49592)
    (User #7111 Info)
  • Morrissey -- whatever you do, if you see a video camera, make sure you keep your clothes on! Can you imagine? Pop up windows all over the internet...

"Download it here! Hot steamy sexy Pam n' Moz home movies"
    phatbastard -- Friday November 22 2002, @03:36PM (#49601)
    (User #6361 Info | http://www.requestdj.net/)
  • After a big dinner, Morrissey can turn to James Marsden and say "If I don't undo my trousers, I'm gonna burst." http://www.celebpecs.com/images/James_Marsden/jmarsden012.jpg
    Anonymous -- Friday November 22 2002, @03:49PM (#49605)
  • its a wet dream for the people who write tabloid headlines, can you imagine -

"The first of the Gang Bang to Dine"

he could gather everyone round the piano and sing "some Girls Are Bigger Than Others", or maybe we could all wake up and realise it was just an episode of The Simpsons.

Rich
    Anonymous -- Friday November 22 2002, @03:49PM (#49606)
  • Well, I certainly hope Moz knows what he's gotten himself into. I certainly wouldn't have expected it--A quiet meal of yogurt and bread in his house sounds much more Morrissey than some vegetarian extravaganza. Morrissey, give Kid Rock a knee in the balls for all of us.
    xLoveletterx -- Friday November 22 2002, @04:33PM (#49614)
    (User #6676 Info)
  • how can anyone deny mozzer the experience of thanksgiving?

sure, they're doing this on the wrong night of the week, and i know that most of our family gatherings don't have photographers running around to post the results in the gossip section of the newspaper, but thanksgiving is traditionally known as the best meal of the year! if not the best meal, than the best desserts! The secret of life is double-layered pumpkin pie.

not only is it the official start of the christmas season, when the next day we all go out shopping not only because its the one day we have off from work, but because we are sick of our relatives, but its also when UT and the Aggies pair up for their yearly battle!
    jw picklebreath -- Friday November 22 2002, @05:11PM (#49618)
    (User #6755 Info)
    still the same great flavor
  • all of these comments are getting far too silly - it's about time something was done about it...cue to Hell's Grannies sketch, please!
    J. Razor -- Friday November 22 2002, @06:12PM (#49629)
    (User #724 Info)
    I'm Alone
  • Mozz with Pam? Woah i mean fuck yeah shes hot as hell but Mozz....im like stunned.well all i can say is hes a devilishy charming man if he he has luck with Pam go for it but im still stunned....
    WilliamMozzChick -- Friday November 22 2002, @09:44PM (#49649)
    (User #7082 Info)
  • you mean moz is in LA again???

i didn't know

i want to go see him...

:(
    naturallyfled -- Friday November 22 2002, @09:49PM (#49650)
    (User #6256 Info)
    ~there's more to life than books, you know, but not much more~
  • Morrissey has finally come out the closet as a raging heterosexual with a view to seducing the lovely wench.
    Rottweiler cousin -- Saturday November 23 2002, @06:31AM (#49680)
    (User #6895 Info)
  • is Kid Rock???Pammies baps are horrendous.
    Furby -- Saturday November 23 2002, @06:36AM (#49681)
    (User #4754 Info)
    in the silence you don't know,you must go on,I can't go on,I'll go on.
  • A close friend whose also vegatarian went to the same dinner. Morrissey had his eyes on Pamela Anderson's boobies all night long. Pamela Anderson then spilt her drink on Morrissey's White T- Shirt. Kid Rock punched Morrissey in the jaw then they fought it out on the front lawn and Morrissey pulled out his shank and stabbed Kid Rock in the chest.Morrissey and Kid Rock have now been turned into the Hollywood Police Department.
    leedoggpimp <[email protected]> -- Saturday November 23 2002, @11:27AM (#49696)
    (User #2789 Info | http://www.morrisseymusic.com/)
    True friends stab you in the front.
  • Quite possibly the next Reality TV show is in the making. You never know.
    Anonymous-shnonymous <[email protected]> -- Saturday November 23 2002, @04:07PM (#49722)
    (User #6230 Info | http://opendiary.com/entrylist.asp?authorcode=A128747)
    Anything is hard to find when you will not open your eyes.
  • will you all stop being so judgemental. if moz is happy then so am i.
          and do you really think he would say no to an animal rights dinner coz pam anderson was there? no, he cares more for the welfare of animals than he does for pleasing you judgemental lot who are supposed to be his fans
              linzi
    birdshit -- Sunday November 24 2002, @02:46AM (#49751)
    (User #6929 Info)
  • Wouldn't you go? Just to have a bloody good laugh at all these 'celebrity' freaks. I would! I'd imagine Pammy herself loses most of her meal down her surreal cleavage. Anyway, i'm sure it does Mozzie good to get out once in a while. Plus, it's a free feed.
    bouffant -- Sunday November 24 2002, @04:54AM (#49757)
    (User #6906 Info)
    I'm so modern that everything is pointless
  • James Marsden?
    Anonymous -- Monday November 25 2002, @12:07PM (#49836)
    • Re:Who is by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday November 25 2002, @01:03PM
  • 1 reply beneath your current threshold.

[ home | terms of service ]