posted by davidt on Friday July 26 2002, @07:30AM
Boz sends this statement about the tour:

Through circumstances beyond our control, due to problems in processing the work permits, it has become necessary to reschedule some of the dates on the forthcoming tour. Some of the dates unfortunately were unable to be moved at such short notice.

It was out of hands but, it was thought, it was a better alternative to cancelling the whole tour.

The shows will go ahead and we are looking forward to playing some great shows

cheers
boz
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • That's so nice of you to clear things up!!!!
    Anonymous -- Friday July 26 2002, @08:07AM (#34996)
  • now, question is, are fans going to take this well?
    state of emergency -- Friday July 26 2002, @08:07AM (#34997)
    (User #837 Info)
    "others conquered love, but i ran..."
  • Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
    ----------------------------------------------

"..beyond our control"

I don't buy it. Everything is in their control if they plan well.

"..problems in processing work permits"

I read that as problems getting work visa, ie a bunch of brit wankers who forgot they'd have to get permission to work in the US, esp Morrissey (since boz has already been spinning and playing consistently).

Again, something that any right-thinking fool should have been able to plan well enough.

Perhaps our liege's first week of the concert (and a very expectant week it was) was spoiled by the enhanced visa security our our nation's government in view of the terrorist attacks.

Anyway, Moz damn well should have been able to plan better.
    Anonymous -- Friday July 26 2002, @08:29AM (#35001)
  • It was interesting to see the list of bands Boz is listening to - the Bees, the Furries and the Sixths are all excellent IMHO
    Almodis <reversethis-{moc ... } {ta} {sidomla}> -- Friday July 26 2002, @08:29AM (#35002)
    (User #4664 Info)
    ...the Crime they styl'd 'Anonymity.' That is, I left messages posted publicly, but did not sign them. -- Thomas Pynchon
  • Moz please come to Canada! I have tix for all three shows! Ticketmaster still has you listed as playing in Canada on aug 26, 27, and 29. Are these shows cancelled or being rescheduled? Looks like I have to catch you in the USA, damn the Canadian dollar for being so low!!!!
    Anonymous -- Friday July 26 2002, @08:53AM (#35005)
  • the spelling is correct and the sentences are the proper length! c'mon, who *really* wrote this?
    suzanne -- Friday July 26 2002, @09:10AM (#35010)
    (User #36 Info)
    I scare dead people.
  • Dead Horse (Score:3, Interesting)

Not to beat a dead horse, but why didn't Moz issue a statement..and please don't reply with , "because he is a fucking asshole" and all that. I am a fan regardless , I just wonder why the man can't pay a little lip service.

And believe me, work Visa's are not as easily obtained as they were 10 months ago, so problem understood
    H. Devil <[email protected]> -- Friday July 26 2002, @09:56AM (#35019)
    (User #4789 Info)
    Wickedness is a myth created by good people to describe the curious attractiveness of others- O. Wilde
  • Moz and company should take a lesson from real professionals like U2 and NSYNC. They don't announce concert dates and then change them due to permit problems and other BS of that sort.

Bottom line, you have to be a professional as well as an artist. Moz, you're a good artist, but you are no professional.
    Anonymous -- Friday July 26 2002, @10:52AM (#35025)
  • dont forget about us! we'll sell out all the shows for you! nyc, boston, dc!
    Anonymous -- Friday July 26 2002, @11:01AM (#35028)
  • boz and alain probably went to the titty bar and blew all the tour money on booze and lap dances and now the band is gonna need two weeks to save up money for the tour.
    leedoggpimp <[email protected]> -- Friday July 26 2002, @12:11PM (#35040)
    (User #2789 Info | http://www.morrisseymusic.com/)
    True friends stab you in the front.
  • Thanks, Boz (Score:1, Funny)

Shave the top of your head, put on a suit and a pair of glasses and you'll make a perfect Ari Fleischer. Anyway, that's the way to go. Please tell His Majesty we're still waiting for the tour AND the new album.
    Such a little thing makes such a big difference!
    Anonymous -- Friday July 26 2002, @12:57PM (#35049)
  • speaking of 9/11...

you'd think that the entirety of the North East fell off into the Atlantic after the attack. by this I mean to say: WHAT ABOUT EAST COAST DATES.

perhaps if Boz is monitoring these message boards he can fill in the blanks.
    Anonymous -- Friday July 26 2002, @01:40PM (#35050)
  • No one asked for a personal fucking phone call. Would it kill Morrissey for issuing a few sentences through this website or get off his lazy ass and make his own damn website. There are plenty of talented artists out there who would do what is right.
    Anonymous -- Friday July 26 2002, @10:11PM (#35090)
  • Ugggghhhh! (Score:2, Insightful)

I am so annoyed with all these people whom have been making the same comments over the past weeks here at this site. "Why does Moz not issue a statement?" "I hate Moz." "He is a has-been...." etc. You know what? You are all such fools. Morrissey has never been known to make statements regarding things like this, and he never will either. Either get over it, or don't bother posting here, cause the same thing written 400+ times is just a huge waste of space. I agree that it sucks about this whole tour screw up. Hey, I was flying from LA to Canada for shows. But you can't really be surprised by all of this. This is nothing new!!! This has happened during every tour. Maybe not the very first few shows, but during EVERY tour. Be lucky you don't live in Pittsburgh. And the thing that gets me is most all of you people complaining and calling him names, are still going to go to the shows I bet. So many spoiled brats here. I am not saying it was cool to have the tour announced, and then postponed after we bought tix, airfare, hotels, etc. It really does suck. But all of most of us going to these shows have probably seen him multiple times already; with the exception of places like Alaska, etc. We should be lucky that he is going to do these shows at all. Yes, no album yet, but I think that it's a pretty cool thing that we can go see him live while we are starving for a new album. It's going to help hold me over for a while. So please, stop posting the same complaint all over again. We have all heard it here before. Hundreds of times....If it bothers you that much, get a refund on your ticket, don't go to the postponed show, and don't support him. That's fine, I (and I think a lot of others here) could care less. But please, just shut up already!!!
    Sharron Needles -- Friday July 26 2002, @11:45PM (#35095)
    (User #762 Info)
    Inside every adult male is a denied little boy -Nancy Friday
  • I, too had made all necessary arrangements to see Morrissey in Colorado Springs (hotel,tix,car tuned-up for the 11 hour drive from Oklahoma)and yet something in the back of my mind told me not to believe...It's always been this way since I got involved in '86 so why should it be any different now? Frankly, I'd be oddly surprised if anything Morrissey did went completly normal. Comparatively, few things go with ease in my own existence and I suppose this is why I can relate so well to all things Morrissey. I'm not out any money, yet, so that helps keep me calm and my sympathies to those that are. Morrissey is inexplicable and even those with a slight understanding of his ways must somewhere in their hearts know this going in.It's tough going being a Morrissey disciple but don't forget the payoff can be blissful. I've never received respect from anyone outside the circle for being devoted to Moz and ultimately I don't expect it from him either. He's just too complicated. Morrissey isn't like everyone else or anyone else so your everyday comprehensions don't always apply to his actions especially when the whole story may never be told. I think we are all quite brave to even try and keep up. But then who among us would claim it as a choice. We do because we have always done so and will continue until and after he is gone. So grab that embrace while you can, it's worth it all. It must be. See you in Santa Fe!
    Live in Dallas cross -- Saturday July 27 2002, @01:59AM (#35100)
    (User #5710 Info)
  • Moz vs Rush (Score:0, Offtopic)

I heard Stephen has been listening to Rush lately !!
        Take a lesson from their tour manager.
          Kram
    kram -- Saturday July 27 2002, @10:01PM (#35153)
    (User #5621 Info)
  • Last Minute (Score:2, Interesting)

This explination that Boz has given us is not the complete story.

There are a lot of complications in orgainzing a tour. The explination given by Boz is just one of the many complications.

The reason why the Visas/work permits were not received in time was because the tour manager waited until the last minute to file for them.

As of this time last week the Visas had not been applied for. Why? This could be because tour manager #2 left suddenly (quit or fired I don't know) Manager #3 was brought on and had less than a week to organize the tour.

Kudos go out to the latest tour manager who has been able to fix this mess of a tour - reschedule dates and everything.

Now, my explination isn't the complete picture either, but hopefully it will give you a more rounded point of view.
    Anonymous -- Sunday July 28 2002, @01:49AM (#35161)
  • Well if its so fixed when the hell is the date for the Vancouver show I paid for?
    alexkick -- Sunday July 28 2002, @02:09AM (#35162)
    (User #5101 Info)
    • Re:fixed? by kram (Score:1) Sunday July 28 2002, @10:47AM
  • Hey Last minute , thats the most detailed explanation so far, and I appreciate the info.
        But you sign Anonymous, why should we believe that ??
          Kram
    kram -- Sunday July 28 2002, @10:51AM (#35168)
    (User #5621 Info)
  • Logistics, eh? That hoary old chestnut. Still, good to hear from an insider as opposed to the usual Mozspotters. He's done this before, nothing new to see, move along now, let's hear the new record and so on.
    Ramon -- Sunday July 28 2002, @12:02PM (#35173)
    (User #2577 Info)
    "I'm all over you...like a vulture, like impending death"
  • Let me say that, as a longtime Smiths and Morrissey fan, I have grown tired of the incompetence shown by Morrissey and his staff. Time after time, they cancel or reschedule tours. I'm a lot older now (in my mid thirties) and, unfortunately, can not change my work or family schedule around every time his majesty makes a blunder (i.e. hiring idiots to organize this tour). I guess what I'm really saying is that my wife (who is also a longtime fan) and I have changed our minds and will not go to the rescheduled shows. I wonder how many others out there fall into our situation.
    Anonymous -- Monday July 29 2002, @08:51AM (#35201)
  • I hope that all of those fans who were upset at a lack of answers will find comfort in this bit of news. I understand the anger, but I also understand that everything can be uncertain. Thank you Boz :)
    MozGirl18 -- Monday July 29 2002, @12:48PM (#35233)
    (User #2483 Info)
    "It is absurd to divide people into good or bad. People are either charming or tedious."-Oscar Wilde
  • We could never stay mad at *you* Boz...{blush}.

STAY HANDSOME!
    Xhris -- Monday July 29 2002, @09:23PM (#35268)
    (User #1858 Info)
  • 1 reply beneath your current threshold.

[ home | terms of service ]