posted by davidt on Friday July 26 2002, @07:30AM
Kayla writes:

I was flipping through the channels, (like a lot of people) trying to decide between Conan and Craig. I came in the middle of Craig introducing a skit as a big picture of Moz flashed on the screen. It was called something like "What Morrissey Is" or "What Morrissey Means." Anyway, about five or six behind the scenes people of the Late Late Show came on, saying what they thought of Morrissey's music. They played a few songs in the background, like Suedehead, There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, Bigmouth Strikes Again, etc.. Here's a few (as good as I can remember)...

"When he sings, 'And now I know how Joan of Arc felt,' it's like he's sobbing it right into the microphone."

"His music makes me depressed, but a good kind of depressed. The kind that makes me want to go kick somebody's ass!"

"It's like a cup of Earl Grey tea on a cold London night."

But the winning contest submission was...

"If James Dean's acting could sing, its voice would be Morrissey's."

All the other contestants came into the screen and clapped for the winner. Right after that, it was announced that this was "brought to you by the Late Late Show Phone. Please call, Morrissey." It was all very entertaining.

By the way, this is the show with William Shatner on it, for those who want to tape it if it comes on again.

---
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • or he'd better start asking his lawyers to get a restraining order so that this Kilborn guy leaves him alone.
    Or else we could have the typical Morrissey situation:Craig insists again and again, Moz says no, Craig insists, Moz accepts, Moz doesn't show up, Craig asks "why?", Craig gets mad and Moz begrudgingly complies: at the scheduled date and time, he sends Boz Boorer to do the interview in his place.
    Anonymous -- Friday July 26 2002, @07:57PM (#35083)
  • I've been more of a Cure fan myself.

Sincerely,

Conan O'Brien
    Marcus Troll -- Monday July 29 2002, @01:31PM (#35240)
    (User #5479 Info)
    WAR obvious responses!
  • What's up with this shy fruity pebble?? He should be out there on shows promoting his new tour! This guy's a great musician and alot of people don't even know about him and his music. I'm tellin' ya, Moz needs to become more macho. He needs to be brave & GET OUT THERE playing on these shows! He needs to find the testosterone in him to appear on these shows, that coward.

-About his femininity-He had come such a long way from his disturbingly feminine performance in "The boy with the thorn in his side" video. In his performance of "Certain people I know" in the 1992 hangin' with Mtv show he didn't act feminine at all, he looked like a normal rocker.

~Viva Los Heteros!
    MaRiO aLbErTo -- Monday July 29 2002, @05:38PM (#35260)
    (User #5273 Info)

[ home | terms of service ]