posted by davidt on Wednesday July 24 2002, @08:05PM
An anonymous person writes:

morrisseytour.com reporting that whole first week of tour is canceled. True or not, just hope that the rest of the tour will go on...

Excerpt:

The first week of shows have been cancelled. The first show will be August 9 in Phoenix. (9:23 PM update This has been confirmed by Lyn Boorer.)

All Canadian shows have been cancelled. 2 nights at the Albert hall in London may be scheduled for mid September.

---
Sounds like some of the shows are being rescheduled (I have not received any official word yet). Marc sends the link to Ticketmaster which currently lists the Santa Fe, NM show on Aug. 31 (moved from Aug. 4). On the discussion board Suzanne notes that Nobody In Particular Presents shows the Colorodo Springs, CO date as Aug. 29 (moved from Aug. 3).

The tour was supposed to start on July 31 in Salt Lake City. The cities affected are: Salt Lake City UT (2 shows), Colorado Springs CO, Santa Fe NM, El Paso TX and Tucson AZ.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
(1) | 2 (Morrissey-solo Overload: CommentLimit 50)
  • this is some sad news for all morrissey fans. i hope people don't begin badgering morrissey for this.
    xavier -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @08:10PM (#34752)
    (User #181 Info)
    • Re:tsk tsk by state of emergency (Score:1) Wednesday July 24 2002, @09:32PM
    • Re:tsk tsk by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday July 24 2002, @10:52PM
  • What is this, Morrissey? Will you reallly let people know of the cancellations by third parties? Do you lack the guts to send us a personnal message (through MOZ-SOLO, not the lesser sites) explaining why you did this?
    Anonymous -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @08:11PM (#34753)
  • Time to move on (Score:0, Redundant)

I'm convinced Moz is a idiot - the number one reason - is that he doesn't contact m-solo with all the info - announcing the tour - and then he goes on and cancels it - again without telling M-solo or his fans directly -

I'm too old for these childish games - I want a pop star I can respect - I don't respect you anymore Moz.

I'm moving on -

can anyone recommend a new band or singer to replace MOrrissey - serious answers only please - I'm only being honest - you don't need to be mean.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @08:56PM (#34755)
  • Care to explain Steven?
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @08:57PM (#34756)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries
  • Firstly, I should point out that these cancellations don't affect me at all ... I'm nowhere near Morrissey's shows, and have resigned myself to never seeing him live. I'm trying to look at this objectively.

However, I just find this situation so frustrating. This behaviour is just *rude*. Morrissey knows David T ... I wonder how hard it would have been to have issued some sort of a statement through this website. The way every single other artist in the entire world does when they have to cancel shows.

I don't know why Morrissey expects us to support him, when all he seems to do is reissue old material and cancel gigs. There are a lot of people here who would have spent a lot of money on airfares, accomodation and tickets, only to suddenly find the gig is cancelled, and they've got non-refundable airfares to nowhere interesting.

There may well be a very good reason for cancelling these show ... I sure hope so. I guess what I'm saying is, Morrissey's fans have the right to some sort of explanation. If he keeps this up, people will just stop bothering to buy tickets until the day before the gig.
    LawrenceM -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @08:57PM (#34757)
    (User #3228 Info | http://listen.to/orangejuice)
    "I wore my fringe like Roger McGuinn"
  • I was foolish enough to buy a plane ticket to Tucson from LA ($160) that i will now have to partially eat. Not to mention changing my work schedule. I bet the rest of the tour goes bust and hopefully with it, what's left of his now-sad career. He is a godamn piece of shit that needs a therapist more than what few syncophant fans he has left. FUCK HIM!!!!!
    Anonymous -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @09:00PM (#34758)
  • I find this rather easy to swallow, because quite frankly, his doing something like this has become a paramount aspect of his enigma.

Really, his lack of a record deal only pardons him from so much. There is no reason as to why he can't let us, his fans, know if he is or isn't touring.

To have yet another story of his designs tossed on top of an already large and stale mountain of lies and half-truths, is insulting to each and every one of us.

Morrissey,
    Cancelled or not, speak to your public.

I think we deserve that much...
    haze <[email protected]> -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @09:14PM (#34763)
    (User #1115 Info)
    myspace.com/deathwrites
  • I can only imagine the racist remarks that would be brought forth if Moz were to, heaven forbid, cancel his guest appearances with Jaguares.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @09:19PM (#34765)
  • Morrissey has to do the tour without [organizing]
    a label or manager.
    As I've read that the one who aranged everything
    for him, freaked out, and left, leaving Morrissey
    and the band [and the roadies etc.] with this
    problem.
    I guess he's trying to finf someone to rearange
    the tour.

[well I hope, though Morrissey should've mailed
    David T about this, and what happened, because
    Morrissey knows this is his nr 1 fan webpage]
    Celibate Cry <[email protected]> -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @09:19PM (#34766)
    (User #220 Info)
    and the hills are alive with celibate cries
  • he better not cancel the vegas or anaheim shows... i already got my tickets and hotel... only thing i dont have yet is my flight (thank god).
      this is fucked up. i've booked bands for a while, and although everyone complains about money; morrissey sells out all these venues -- this tour will make a few million.

just rent/borrow (you know every local band will lend it no questions asked...) equipment and do the damn shows. don't sell shit on ticketmaster if you're not going to perform.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @10:02PM (#34774)
    • Re:oh man... by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday July 24 2002, @10:15PM
      • Re:oh man... by Anonymous (Score:0) Wednesday July 24 2002, @10:53PM
        • Re:oh man... by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday July 25 2002, @12:55AM
          • Re:oh man... by Anonymous (Score:0) Thursday July 25 2002, @02:37PM
  • I have to say I am really pissed off! I love Morrissey as much as anyone for the enigma he is, but this is bullshit. I live in Austin and was going to buy a plane ticket to miss two days of school (mind you close to final exams) fly to god awful El Paso to see Moz. I had a bad feeling about this and decided not to take the plunge I am glad I didn't. Get a life if you think we shouldn't badger Morrissey. He won't have many fans left if he keeps pulling shit like this. Not to mention the last two tours he skipped Texas all together. There was a big fan base here. I see it dwindling fast. I have loved Moz for 14 years and bought everything he has put out. I don't have to take this shit. He could post a message to us. We are his loyal very loyal fans. I have followed Peter Murphy for around the same amount of time and Peter Murphy has really connected with his fans over the past 3 or 4 years. Murphy isn't selling a lot of records like Morrissey and has had to put a web page on his own. He has become very intimate with his fans by touring a lot in the past several years and done in stores and is so kind you wouldn't believe it. A Morrissey fan would not believe the kindness that comes from someone like Peter Murphy. He even hangs out signing stuff for fans after concerts in the same day he has done an instore. Morrissey could take some serious lessons from Peter Murphy. Well I could go on about this for a couple of days but I will stop there. Come on Moz talk to us. Let us know what the hell is going on. We will always love you, but don't keep treating us like shite.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @10:30PM (#34776)
  • I bought two tickets to the show at the Fairgrounds in Salt Lake City. I've never seen Moz in concert, even when he was with The Smiths. So I was very excited about the prospect of finally doing so.
    Well, a friend of mine sez that Moz never sings Smiths songs in concert, anyway, which, quite honestly, is the best material he's ever sung. So maybe the show would've sucked to begin with. I guess he's such an egotistical bastard that he can't stand the fact that his solo songs suck compared to those he did with Johnny Marr. And he's apparently egotistical enough to think that his fans will still hang in there even when he shits on them by cancelling shows without any explanation beforehand.
    Personal message to Moz: Frankly, Mr. STANKly, you can kiss my big fat hairy arse.
    mozOmaniac -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @11:01PM (#34786)
    (User #5616 Info)
  • do what i do (Score:2, Insightful)

you know, there is nothing in life than that rollercoaster of "be reasonable...nooo!!!!...be reasonable....no!!!!!" because as it is, even though he has cancelled, i have family i can still visit.

so, in the end, you try to think, "what do i do? do i pay the processing fee and rebook a flight for later that month? do i hope that maybe i can take off from work despite the likelihood that my boss already has those dates marked on her calendar and thus i'm left in charge? do i inconvenience my sister who has been planning this for well over a month? why in the hell doesn't moz play within a 4 hour driving distance of where i live? so many of life's problems would be resolved if that would simply happen."

because any tour is wrought with problems. Creed cancelled and rescheduled some dates because of a car accident. not that i cried for them, but it is the nature of these things that you are already taking a big risk in saying, "yeah, i'm going to a sandtrap to see moz" and for many of you, you bought tickets for cities you have no interest in.

Hell, don't be so closed minded. You aren't necessarily stuck with that ticket. It might cost some money, but you can carry it over to another date. Or if you say, "screw it, i'm going ahead and flying to Tuscon anyhow" there might be some things of interest around there.

For example, years ago, i flew to Lowell, MA to see mozzer. now that was a risk in itself. i was going on a saturday night and flying back in on sunday. Think of the raging night life there was to do in small town MA if something happened and there was no show!

Yes, a show did take place, but i also discovered that New England was a cool place. I liked it so much that the following year, i booked a proper vacation.

Then, let's not forget Vegas. The cancelled vegas show. that wasn't quite that exciting. I had no use for Vegas itself, but after driving to Coachella and checking out the california coast, i still managed to be entertained.

Of course, it means sitting down with some tourist books, but hell, the Grand Canyon is in Arizona. Rent a car and see it. Colorado is apparently a very beautiful state and everyone raves about Denver, so its not that horrible. Moz is not the end all, and don't hit back and say, "yeah, but i lost this money..." because i too have a plane ticket to Denver. I went out and blew off some steam a bit as well, out of pure frustration, and I still have no fucking clue as to what i should do, but i'm not ready to sell off my records or call him names.

What i'm trying to say is that if you are planning on seeing moz, do as i did and try and see him in some place that you won't feel overly bitter in being stuck in with no show.
    suzanne -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @11:16PM (#34790)
    (User #36 Info)
    I scare dead people.
  • This was going to be my first Morrissey show(s) and I was REALLY excited. I had tickets for both SLC shows. This is fucking ridiculous. I know the Mozzer is sort of legendary for cancelling shows, but we all had a right to hope that this wouldn't fall through.

Really fucking nice, Moz.
    mizmoz -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @11:25PM (#34793)
    (User #2532 Info)
    • Apology by mizmoz (Score:0) Thursday July 25 2002, @01:45PM
  • I just checked ticketmaster.com, and it says that the Yuma show has been moved from Aug. 10 to Aug 11!!! It says Aug 10th tickets will be honored or you can get a refund at point of purchese.
    Sharron Needles -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @11:57PM (#34796)
    (User #762 Info)
    Inside every adult male is a denied little boy -Nancy Friday
  • Why would you cancel a sold out concert (Vancouver)??? I have been waiting years hoping for one last chance to see Morrissey. This licks balls....
    alexkick -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @11:57PM (#34797)
    (User #5101 Info)
    • Re:why?? by Sharron Needles (Score:1) Thursday July 25 2002, @12:42AM
  • I can see the people who have tickets for Candian dates being upset.. etc.
    God.. things get a little tight, and everyone jumps ship. What kind of fans are you? Get a grip.
    But come on.. think about it..Postponed shows/Maybe some cancelations,
    so many shows in such a short period of time,Something is happening.
    Being shocked and dealing with news about important things and having common sense is too much for some of these people who post here sometimes I swear.
    Just because he canceled doesnt mean hez not going to tour or whatever. Shit happens!! people..quit bitching like little girls, the lot of you. Shut up and Roll with it..or dont show up at all to his shows.
    mozluv -- Thursday July 25 2002, @01:45AM (#34804)
    (User #973 Info)
    "guilt by implication by association"
  • i quite like it. (Score:2, Interesting)

now this is the kind of behavior that i've missed from morrissey for years. i've missed the last minute concert cancellations and abrupt behavior. it shows that he still has a bit of life left in him.
    once i read that he was going to play a private gig for 300 or so people in salt lake city, i knew this tour was going to crumble. i say scrap this already-fucked "tour" and get an lp in the can.
    on a semi-related note: at least these cancellations will weed out the real fans from the wagon-hoppers that were featured in last months issue of spin.
    look for a new batch of camcelled gigs, kiddies!
    fancylad -- Thursday July 25 2002, @02:57AM (#34806)
    (User #5227 Info)
    you should be ashamed of yourself.
  • Ok, so Moz canceled. I am not pissed even though I spent major money on tickets for the first 8 shows, not to mention airline tickets. I'm sure there is an explanation for it. It probably wasn't even Moz's fault. I just hope I get to see him on tour sometime soon. I'm sure his loyal fans will give him a break, the others ....well, who needs you!
    MozLikesMe -- Thursday July 25 2002, @05:19AM (#34811)
    (User #5136 Info)
  • Til the end (Score:1, Interesting)

It honestly breaks my heart to hear all the horrible things you are saying about Morrissey, everybody. Please...give him a chance. He's not our personal slave. He was my saving grace through the hardest, most awkward years of my life. I could never in a million years believe all the horrible things you're saying about him. His entire existence has been enshrouded in rumours and hearsay, and yet nobody has learned. Until I hear an absolute, undeniable, confirmed statement, I refuse to believe that he would just randomly bail on us for absolutely no good reason. I'm begging you guys, if you honestly love Morrissey as much as you all claim to, why...WHY...can you not just have faith in him?! I know, I just have a really deep conviction that Morrissey loves us...his fans...as much as we love him. Nobody could write or sing the words that he sings and be as selfish and heartless and egotistical as you all believe him to be now. Please don't abandon him, his music and his message have never abandoned us.
    baby_moz -- Thursday July 25 2002, @06:20AM (#34815)
    (User #1462 Info)
  • This seems to be something of a never ending Morrissey speciality; cancelling shows, falling out with people etc. And the fucking facelessness
    of it all. Well Morrissey, u wonder why u havn't got a bloody record deal. I would'nt knock u as a songwriter, but quite frankly your attitude stinks.
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @06:39AM (#34817)
  • I went to the Ticketmaster link and they have eliminated the other first few shows but Tucson is still shown and it was letting me order tix. This would make Tucson the first show of the tour, if it is still on. If this is not true, that's pretty messed up they are still taking money and charging fees, etc...
    James
    SpringHeeled Jim AZ -- Thursday July 25 2002, @07:11AM (#34821)
    (User #5203 Info)
  • I will be flying in to Hell Paso, My home town from Orlando, FL. I would rather not go back to that old house, but Moz was supposed to be in the neighborhood. Moz why do you do this when you know it makes things hard for us. I know it takes strength to be gentle and kind, but frankly many of us are pissed the F*%k off and for good reason.
    But then again there is no official word if any of this is true, right? I hope to see an official statement made in the next day or two. I will be hapy to go home anyway, there is a new baby in the family. God I miss those scorching tumbleWEED filled summer days.
    In my own sick way, I'll always stay true to you.
    Does anyone know how to get a hold of him really? Is he really searching for a Label or distribution? I am a Tony the Pony for a CEO of a record Label here in Orlando. HIt me up, [email protected]
    Dan Rios
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @07:15AM (#34822)
  • Truly Disappointed (Score:2, Insightful)

"Our unsleepable friend
    Gets the message on an ill wind....."

Yes I just heard about this mess of a concert-
    I am not gonna knock Morrissey down or anything but damn this is TERRIBLE.
    Maybe he just wasn't prepared enough, even though he should of been-considering its his profession and all. Who knows? Maybe he just couldn't get an opening band or something.
    Does anyone know anything though about the Colorado show? Is it really postponed for sure then?? I just feel so left in the dark about "whats really going on"!
    I think if my show gets cancelled I will be making a long drive to Cali. and knock on the old mozzers door and ask for a personal serinade!
    Just kidding.
    We all do know though that Morrissey can be a little bitch (pardon my french) but we know this-and maybe something didn't go his way....
    I put money on the fact they probably just weren't ready.
    So they cancelled a few dates-
    you have to break a few eggs to make an omlette-
    I hope Morrissey doesn't loose any fans over this although I am sure he will-I mean I was utterly frustrated and disappointed when I heard about it but this stuff happens....
    But yea if anyone knows anything about the colorado show-please tell me....I feel so left in the dark-I want to know the dish on whats happening!!!!!!
    Well remain true-Morrissey is human....
    don't rake up his mistakes-he knows exactly what they are....
    a bullied child -- Thursday July 25 2002, @08:11AM (#34832)
    (User #4166 Info)
    FAMOUS WHEN published, in other words, WHEN DEAD.
  • The collective cry seems to be, "Talk to us!".

I am not enraged at cancellations or incensed to the point of abusive language. I am, however, puzzled that the man doesn't say a few words on his own behalf. We are not expecting personal e-mails or hand written letters of apology. I don't think it is unrealistic to ask for a general comment though.
    Enough with the reliable sources. Let's here from the source himself.
    If you have 5 seconds to spare.......
    H. Devil <[email protected]> -- Thursday July 25 2002, @08:15AM (#34833)
    (User #4789 Info)
    Wickedness is a myth created by good people to describe the curious attractiveness of others- O. Wilde
  • can you please just shut the f*ck up?? It's very annoying how you have a freaking comment for every post. You try to act all cool about this whole situation which only leaves me wondering that you probably have no life. Other people do, and that's why they're upset. They got time off from work, purchased plane tickets, etc. So quit trying to tell everyone how they should feel if you don't have the slightest idea of what they had to go through to be able to go to these shows (which are now postponed). So please, just keep your silly little comments to yourself!
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @08:20AM (#34836)
  • how much money have you lost on this cancellation deal, julia?
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @08:37AM (#34841)
  • Shut the f@#$ up! Those of us who have made arrangements already don't need your 2 cents. Why don't you spend more time figuring out your sexual orientation than irritating the fans on this site.

Get a life She-Man.
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @09:36AM (#34851)
  • Let's all hope that Mozluv develops on giant hemorrhoid. We'll know who she is at he Phonix concert because she will not be able to sit down.
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @09:44AM (#34853)
  • i know it's over,
    still i cling,
    i don't know where else i can go......over, over..
    i know it's over,
    but it never really began,
    but in my heart it was so real
    and you really spoke to me and said.......
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @10:11AM (#34859)
  • There has been something strange about this tour from the beginning. From the start, it was merely rumors. Then it turned into “Morrissey is playing in Japan.” What? And then news of individual shows started trickling in, from “close sources” or similar. Does anybody else feel as though Morrissey has finally crossed the line from headliner to (as someone else from this site put it) “nostalgia act”? I mean, I almost feel like he’s in the same category as some other acts that come to town—say, Berlin, Missing Persons, Pat Benetar. That is, he’s relying only on his past popularity and success. There’s no new album (5 years since the last one!) to promote, no new project, etc. And it seems as though interest in this tour is considerably less than past tours. Nobody seems that excited about it--until now, of course, with word of the cancellations.
    Although I went to many shows of the Oye Esteban tour (traveling to different states and even out of the country), when word of this tour came, I didn’t really have much of a desire to travel. I finally decided to go to Tucson since it’s a mere hour plane ride from LA. And now this cancellation.
    Is our collective interest in Morrissey waning? Has the world of Morrissey changed, or have I changed?
    It’s sad that Morrissey could make so many people angry and potentially lose many of his fans all because he can’t provide us with a simple explanation. He knows where we are.
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @10:11AM (#34860)
  • He was probably not pleased with how the band was playing now. Maybe he is putting together a new set, which could be very cool. I am trying to be optimistic, which is easy since I didn't lose any money on the deal, only faith.
    Dagenham Dave -- Thursday July 25 2002, @10:30AM (#34865)
    (User #953 Info | http://randumbs.blogspot.com/)
  • Given Morrissey's well documented history of cancellations, anyone who booked flights, bought tickets etc. to these shows should have known that they were taking a chance. This tour was on shaky ground from the beginning. The volume of downright nasty comments flowing through this message board the past few days is frankly pathetic and sad. A few snippets......

"I'm convinced Moz is a idiot"
    "I don't respect you anymore Moz"
    "I bet the rest of the tour goes bust and hopefully with it, what's left of his now-sad career. He is a godamn piece of shit that needs a therapist more than what few syncophant fans he has left. FUCK HIM!!!!!"
    "Personal message to Moz: Frankly, Mr. STANKly, you can kiss my big fat hairy arse."

And even worse, totally unrelated low blows such as this gem:
    "I guess he's such an egotistical bastard that he can't stand the fact that his solo songs suck compared to those he did with Johnny Marr."

Many have complained that Morrissey should be "more in touch with the fans....he knows where to find us." I, on the other hand, hope he never happens to stumble across this wasteland of childish slander. With fans like these, who needs enemies.
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @11:56AM (#34876)
  • "fame fame fatal fame
    it can play hideous tricks on the brain"

example: you believe you're a demi god and
    refuse to answer to anyone, especially your
    most loyal.
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @12:02PM (#34879)
  • This is a sad day for a lot of Morrissey fans. I am sorry to read the sad sories of non-refundable plane tickets, hotel rooms, wasted vacation time, etc. - but I also know that things come up in life that are unexpected, miscommunications happen, etc. and we should deal with it the best we can and move on. I'm sure Moz is trying hard to fix the problems. Yes I would have loved for him to have acknowledged us fans and explain the situation by now but I have faith that he will and this too shall pass...

I hope that helps a little bit!!

cheers,

Jay
    I'm really just Some Totally Random Moz Fan
  • what constitutes being a Morrissey fan?
    what defines the ultimate Morrissey fan experience other than the live show?
    the struggle towards the stage? the hug?

it's become a religious pilgrimmage/right of passage. not as fanatical as the The Grateful Dead but ingrained into the fan experience nonetheless.

but as Dead fans soon discovered after Jerry Garcia's death, the party must end.

we've put our confidence behind a man who doesn't play the game.
    he plays games (this we know), he has his own agenda but he doesn't play fair.

this idea that Morrissey takes great concern in our interests is baseless!!!

we invented the ideology behind the entire fan experience!!! Morrissey merely encourages it, as it benefits him to have a rabid cult following with its own protocol. he could care less.

Morrissey's critics have every right to begrudge him.
    he isn't as close to his fans as we'd like to imagine (paraphrased), "To be honest, I don't meet them very often. I wouldn't stand around for gracious slaps on the back."

Morrissey has been involved in the music industry long enough to understand how a tour works, when to release tickets. he has also allowed others to organize tours at great personal expense only to back out at the last minute.

in the end days there will be rumors of tours...
    don't believe it until the lights dim & the man walks out onto the stage.
    texaho -- Thursday July 25 2002, @12:22PM (#34889)
    (User #438 Info)
  • To bad they got cancelled but I still have faith in Moz to not let us all down.I'll still love him regarless.
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @12:56PM (#34895)
  • Boz's tour diary page [bozboorer.co.uk] on his web site is reporting that the postponed dates were caused by visa problems.
    Almodis <reversethis-{moc ... } {ta} {sidomla}> -- Thursday July 25 2002, @01:23PM (#34898)
    (User #4664 Info)
    ...the Crime they styl'd 'Anonymity.' That is, I left messages posted publicly, but did not sign them. -- Thomas Pynchon
  • Zephyr club date moved to aug. 26th and fairgrounds date moved to the university ballroom the 27th. i just got off the phone with jason at the bastille. hope this helps some of you people.

marc
    marc1107 -- Thursday July 25 2002, @01:35PM (#34901)
    (User #5288 Info)
  • hey everyone i just got an email form morrisseytour.com that all first week of shows have been resheduled!!

take a look at and see!!

www.morrissey-tour.com
    Bigmouth Struck <reversethis-{moc ... } {noissesbOdaM}> -- Thursday July 25 2002, @01:44PM (#34905)
    (User #1626 Info)
    That was very cheesy of me...
  • Let me put it to you this way. The deep core of Morrissey fans are now in their late 20's and 30's. He isn't gaining any young kiddies like he did when we were young. They are all listening to Linkin Park and shit like that. So we are older and with age comes responsibility. We have jobs and careers or are serious about school finally and working on that degree. We are not sitting in our rooms at our parents house anymore. When we had plenty of time to kill and other people's money to burn. It is our house now and our money. We take time out of our busy schedule to see someone that we all dearly love and would love to see in concert again. So when we make adjustments in our schedule and spend moeny to fly hundreds of miles. It is a big deal. If you are posting on here that we should forget about it then you must still be living with your parents and spending their money and to you it is no big deal. I guess Morrissey does have 4 or 5 fans that are under 25 and they are on here posting messages telling us that we shouldn't be pissed. And another thing I will use vulgar language if I damn well want to. You don't have to read this and there are plenty of intelligent people in this world that love using vulgar language so go fuck yourself.
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @01:55PM (#34908)
  • it's great to see ol mozzy isolating a whole new generation of fans... god bless him! I have to say that this whole tour was a bit pathetic to begin with... remember how Moz sold out the Hollywood Bowl... 2 dates! in record time (that's faster than the beatles!)??? and now... el paso, fresno... these little crap venues. Remember how he used to release almost an album a year? those were exciting days - all gone. and OPENING for the jag-whoevers... sad.

in the end, mozzy has always done what mozzy wants. we love and loathe his rebel soul, his "enigma" as so many like to call it.

don't hold your breath for an explaination, or an album, or anything... don't ask moz for shit! anybody who ever has has been let down... stop chasing that carrot he's dangling in front of your nose (yadda yadda).

ok, i feel better... i still love you Morrissey! see you at the Cat and Fiddle, you old turd burgular.

xo, ideal
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @03:12PM (#34924)
  • Visas, accommodations, plane flights, personnel performing vanishing acts, aaahhhh....... Unfortunately these things sometimes happen, and along with them not far behind the terrible, terrible consequences follow. Understanding at times can be difficult, I know, I know. However patience and understanding are in limited supply, faith is not to be lost just yet.

love always.
    ME -- Thursday July 25 2002, @03:49PM (#34931)
    (User #4132 Info)
  • I'm in Calgary and I've just spoken to reps with TicketMaster Canada. There is NO news of a cancellation in Calgary for his 26 August show. According to morrissey-tour.com he's playing BYU in Utah the same night but there is no record of a 26 August show with TicketMaster USA. I have no idea where the tour site is getting their information from but at the momment the source doesn't seem legitimate. I advise everybody to get in contact with their ticket provider and confirm the cancellation for themselves.
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @04:31PM (#34934)
  • I think it's really funny how all these morons believe Morrissey should've contacted them about the cancellations - what do you want, a personal phone-call from the man? This web-site isn't official and Moz has no input into it, and if you think that David T knows Moz personally, then you are a very stupid person - you only have to look at the "news" items on here to realise that Mr T has about as much access to Mr M as the FBI have to Osamu Bin Laden.
    You paid money for tickets, hotels, flights etc., so you obviously like the guy, but not you hate him - what are you, 12 year olds? If so, then Korn and Papa Roach are probably better bands artists for your pocket money.
    gonzo -- Thursday July 25 2002, @05:41PM (#34945)
    (User #335 Info)
    Scene, but not herd
  • I live in el paso, and I've been waiting for his return for ten years... Truly Disappointed !!!
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @06:10PM (#34949)
  • I like how the 'anonymous source' of this story has their email address linked to it.
    neondisease -- Thursday July 25 2002, @06:42PM (#34952)
    (User #2039 Info | http://www.girlfrommars.com/)
  • Im not that old of a moz fan yet(i do stay in my parents house, in my room listening to the good stuff) but i do understand the frusteration and the words expressed. The fact is its his show even if we dont accept it. We are all blind and in our own sorry way we do love the moz, man. Im just beggeg him not to cancel the vegas or jugares gigs. If so, i know ill be disappointed and its suicide, but ill continue loving him. He dont know it but he is there for me. Not in person but in poetry and voice. All his shit is legendary(coming from a 17 year old). All in all you fans, either old or new ,that got screwed my deepest wishes you stay with morrissey and forgive him for always pissing on us. He has been there for all of us hasnt he? Its cool to cus him out and talk shit, but you all know youll be back just as i will. It sucks though but listen to the music and try to comprehend. Love you all and love you morrissey!
    INTERNATIONAL PLAYBO -- Thursday July 25 2002, @07:34PM (#34954)
    (User #5594 Info)
  • I just got off the phone with the Zephyr Club here in Salt Lake City. The private 300 person July 31 show has been rescheduled for Monday, August 26 and is still at the Zephyr Club. If you have tickets they will be honored on the new date.

The August 1st Fairgrounds show has also been rescheduled for August 27, but has been moved from the Fairgrounds to the University Ballroom on the University of Utah campus. Old tickets will also be honored, but it is best to get new ones from any SmithTix location.

Hope this clears things up a bit. Viva Moz!
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @07:38PM (#34956)
  • Sorry guys,but one more thing. I just went to morrissey-tour.com and found that the cancelled dates they reported earlier are not cancelled at all, but rescheduled. Something came up with moz. Anyway, check for yourself to see if any of those affect you personally.
    INTERNATIONAL PLAYBO -- Thursday July 25 2002, @07:48PM (#34958)
    (User #5594 Info)
  • 2 replies beneath your current threshold.
(1) | 2 (Morrissey-solo Overload: CommentLimit 50)

[ home | terms of service ]