posted by davidt on Wednesday July 24 2002, @09:00AM
Jason writes:

During the Guildford Festival Pretenders set last night, Chrissie Hynde announced that Morrissey is "this country's greatest songwriter". They then sang 'Everyday is Like Sunday', much to the crowd's delight, and the sun came out and everyone was happy. The End.
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • Good to see them performing it live. I think the studio version is also the best cover version of the song.
    Anonymous -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @09:46AM (#34642)
    • Re:Great! by J. Razor (Score:1) Wednesday July 24 2002, @09:55AM
  • Chrissie, can never do wrong in my book! I loved her even before she quoted Wilde in "Message of Love" - "WE ARE ALL OF US IN THE GUTTER, BUT SOME OF US ARE LOOKING AT THE STARS" (which was pre-Smiths!) - so her drawing on his words only sealed my love unconditionally!
    J. Razor -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @10:08AM (#34649)
    (User #724 Info)
    I'm Alone
  • Chrissie Hynde is a Goddess!
    Anonymous -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @11:29AM (#34685)
  • Chrissie Hynde is indeed a Goddess, and also my idol, as you can tell by my user name! I absolutely love The Pretenders' studio version of "Every Day Is Like Sunday", and I'm sure it would have been absolutely wonderful to hear The Pretenders play it live, and with The Duke String Quartet, who they are touring with! Wow....

~ Caroline
    PretendersGirl -- Wednesday July 24 2002, @01:54PM (#34719)
    (User #5661 Info)
  • He is England's greatest lyricist. He doesn't write music, just lyrics.
    Anonymous -- Thursday July 25 2002, @10:19PM (#34970)

[ home | terms of service ]