posted by davidt on Friday July 19 2002, @09:15AM
devilishdame writes:

Well I got it straight from Martin of the band Sack. The rumors that Sack will be touring with Morrissey are false. Although Moz himself did ask them to tour with him. But the expense was just too great for Sack.

Here is the E-mail Martin sent me:

Hey there J
Unfortunately we are not playing. It proved to be too expensive when we called to price flights at such short notice. Morrissey spent a couple of weeks here in Dublin last month and chose me as his guide to the capital which was great fun. When he returned to LA he called me and asked if it would be possible for Sack to join him on tour. Of course we said yes immediately but when the reality kicked in (i.e. 6 people flying to America and surviving for three weeks) we were pretty dissapointed to say the least as to play on the West Coast again is all we have being dreaming of for a long time. Anyhoo we'll get there at some stage. We may be in our 60's but hey I'm sure I'll still be able to belt out a tune or two! Nice to hear from you. Keep in touch.
Martin
x

> From:
> Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:51:50 -0700
> To: 'Martin'
> Subject: Los Angeles calling...........
>
> Hi Martin...........
>
> Are the rumors true????? Are you really going to come and tour with
> Morrissey again??? Oh please...please let it be true!!!!!! At least for the
> two Las Vegas shows! I have tickets to both nights and it would just be
> soooooo great to see you guys perform again......
>
> Me and Ismael are still patiently waiting for you guys to head out her to
> the States.
> Well I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that you guys will be out here
> soon....with or without Moz...
>
> Much luv..
>
>
This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Display Options Threshold/Breakthrough:
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
  • The sad-sack-less-old Moz, It's about time he tried something a little different anyway.....there's better bands than Sack (No dis-respect) around, try Elbow, Trembling Blue Stars, Cinerama or The Cure, hehe! He always plays it safe......I don't mean his lyrics by that, but this might explain the lack of a record deal, he's offering not a lot in return, keep the great words, but make the music epic again.
    Anonymous -- Friday July 19 2002, @09:32AM (#34293)
    • Re:Oh no! (Score:2, Insightful)

he's going to have a hard time finding someone to support him, at this short notice and if they already have their own tours and recording schedules lined up, which, i'm sure most bands already know what they're doing from august onward and have known for quite some time. and he'll have more problems especially if he keeps gravitating towards the unknowns who have no label and must find the money very quickly.
      suzanne -- Friday July 19 2002, @04:53PM (#34343)
      (User #36 Info)
      I scare dead people.
    • Or get Fosca... by Anonymous (Score:0) Saturday July 20 2002, @12:05PM
  • thank goodness.
    Anonymous -- Friday July 19 2002, @10:05AM (#34298)
  • ...who is responsible for Moz going to the transvestite clubs when in Dublin!
    robert -- Friday July 19 2002, @10:23AM (#34300)
    (User #95 Info)
  • I can not help but notice, that Sack's lead singer was rightfully complaining that it was impossible to book economy air flights over USA "in such a short notice"... So while Moz was friendly and nice to Sack lads on personal level, he and his management team again demonstrated their amateurishness and lack of responsibility... Why didn't Moz tell Sack about his plans say this Febriary, so financially-challenged Sack would have plenty of time to arrange in advance the cheapo tickets, and cheapest possible inns or stay-overs with Irish American diaspora friends... stuff like that...??? If I'm a host to the party, I want to invite everybody well in advance, so peoples would be able to plan and rearrange their schedules...

If I'm being invited like this: "dude, come here, take your boyfriend, party starts in half hour", I would be kind of offended, unless the caller is my really close friend or relative... I would think:

1.) Host does not give a shit about me being busy or about my convenience...

2.) Most offensive: I was not invited originally, only A-list peoples were invited... Now, some VIP Alpha peoples cancelled at the last moment... So host went to B-Plan peoples, like me...

Now, maybe the reason of Sack refusal are not ticket prices or money, they MAYBE, just MAYBE offended this last minute invitation to tour... Again, Moz pissing off peoples by his egotism to such degree, that even unknowns from Sack are refusing to have BIZNIZ with the guy... Again, this is my theory, it all could be untrue, who knows?

Personally, I put my musical hopes now in two acts: Belle & Sebastian and Tori Amos... Moz, I would not bet my life on his future album... Again. JMHO...
    Fox in the Snow -- Friday July 19 2002, @10:41AM (#34304)
    (User #4967 Info)
  • It may sound insane, but I would really like to see Richard Cheese open for Moz. I saw him at the Graceland where he opened for Screech, but he was just so good and so fun. It would be a dream come true, and so much better than that lame little girl group that opened for him in Seattle during the Oye Esteban tour. That was torture!
    jade <[email protected]> -- Friday July 19 2002, @11:26AM (#34310)
    (User #90 Info)
    Zip up your mouth!
  • I personally don't give a fu@k as to who opens for Moz. In fact, I wouldn't mind if he had a damn ventriloquist up there telling cheesy jokes. As long as Moz actually shows up and sings his ass off, I'll be content and satisfied.
    Mozzeybite -- Friday July 19 2002, @01:50PM (#34323)
    (User #3695 Info)
    • funny by Waterdiva719 (Score:1) Friday July 19 2002, @02:44PM
  • Girls Guitar Club opened for the eels, Moz should get them!
    http://www.girlsguitarclub.com/
    Anonymous -- Friday July 19 2002, @04:09PM (#34332)
  • okay you anal people out there just ready to critize me, but lets face it, i dont want to go through another opening performance by those dipshits. sorry, sorry. not really but who cares. bring forth the Smoking Popes or something. someone worth it, or Sweet and tender hooligans if they can hang. please not that chick Poe who opened for Depeche MOde. she was hideous!
    Anonymous -- Friday July 19 2002, @04:15PM (#34334)
  • I don't know about you, but being in a notable rock band just became a whole lot less enviable.

They really can't afford a plane ticket to America.

Maybe my life turned out better than I thought it had.
    Anonymous -- Friday July 19 2002, @04:48PM (#34342)
  • He lives in Cali, drives an open top BMW, rips off stephen street, john porter, rourke, joyce & others on a daily basis, and now he even claims to be a "nice person really", yet Moz can't bring himself to lend the band a few hundred quid for their air fares? Fucking Hell, if he wants them bad enough he should look after them financially, the tight bastard!
    Fairmount Gas -- Friday July 19 2002, @05:13PM (#34345)
    (User #4713 Info | http://www.fairmountgas.co.uk/)
    i am a simple man...
  • This is a bit of a farce, Morrissey could afford to fly them out, Sack would benefit from mortgaging their houses to gain exposure, this perhaps is what happens when you are rudderless without the respective manager? not that it really matters but i'll expect the t shirts to be shit this time around as well! c/o the half decent morrissey tee shirt lobby Worthing, England.
    Anonymous -- Friday July 19 2002, @05:33PM (#34346)
  • why not Duvall?? Pleease
    Anonymous -- Saturday July 20 2002, @04:11AM (#34370)
  • How much does Boz, Alain, ect get paid per show?
    Anonymous -- Saturday July 20 2002, @07:36PM (#34402)
    • Re:Band Members Pay? by Anonymous (Score:0) Saturday July 20 2002, @09:03PM
      • Bullshit. by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday July 22 2002, @04:23AM
        • Re:Bullshit. by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday July 22 2002, @07:42AM
        • Moron by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday July 22 2002, @08:45AM
          • Re:Moron by Anonymous (Score:0) Monday July 22 2002, @12:44PM
  • 1 reply beneath your current threshold.

[ home | terms of service ]